Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Tier DPS List

Hi..

Before anything else, I started this thread out of pure curiosity. I would like to know other player's idea on the current list of classes that makes it out to be the top tier DPS. With all honesty, a class being at top tier DPS is half the reason I consider choosing it to invest upon, while the other half is how enjoyable using it or so called "playstyle". While I am sure of myself which class makes it out to be the top of my list that I prefer for it's playstyle and usability, I am unsure of the other half. So please, I would deeply appreciate if you can help me out on that remaining 50% of my decision making.

So going back to the topic, with the recent PvE update this last May patch, the sorceres classes got boosted, and I heard Smasher somehow got to Top Tier DPS. And Light Fury somehow got boosted too, as well as ML!

So guys, go ahead and fill me in with info. What could be the updated list of DPS, ranking from the highest DPS class? I asked this question not to incite class discrimination, but only that I seek advice from this forum to help me out in making a decision. Thanks, and any response will be highly appreciated!

Originally posted by serenial250dwell View Post
    While I am sure of myself which class makes it out to be the top of my list that I prefer for it's playstyle and usability, I am unsure of the other half.
    If you do have few classes in mind, might as well list it here and people can reply from there.
    We all know how "Top Tier DPS List" thread will end and it's never a good ending.

Comment

• serenial250dwell
      serenial250dwell commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my I didn't expect that Top Tier DPS list threads like this turns sour. I was only hoping to get more ideas from this forum. >_<
      But anyway, thank you still Mr. Knee for your response. A separate reply I made which would address this.

we can't say for sure which class is the top dps or not, even if you do the math, and made accurate calculations, the issue lies on players that disagree to the result, its a controversial topic so to speak.

List down all the possible class you use and you might use since you're still deciding (from my perspective)

Comment

• serenial250dwell
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Monsieur Shovels.. I didn't realize that this is a controversial topic. I just came back into this game recently.
      I thought of asking people here to gain more ideas, with no intention of doing some sort of a survey. Haha.
      I posted a separate reply for a list of possible class I might use, in terms of playstyle.

Anyway, I surely appreciate your timely response Monsieur. I just came back from work. Haha.

This is DPS tier list from "Hestilar Devantus", a veteran raid player from taiwan Dragon nest. You can see him at his channel.
    Personally, I mostly agree with his tier list (still disagree some part). Note that this is base on Dragon in Green Dragon Nest, the only place where DPS is really matter.
    ★DPS Tier list in GDN time attack "Dragon Stage"
    Based on my experience, and the dragon stage DPS from various raid team
    Note that some of the melee classes are in lower tier because the boss tend to be in the air for long periods of time.
    Some classes tend to perform better because of Green Dragon's super large size. Some classes tend to perform worse because of GDN's mechanic: requiring extremely short (5~7 sec) high dmg burst.

★Classes in the tiers are listed in alphabetical order.
    ☆Version: Post Sorceress/Blademaster revamp

★Tier OP (1/2 of the whole team's DPS)
    Bleed Phantom
    Flurry
    Moonlord(tier 1~2 pre-buff)
    Shooting Star
    Smasher(tier 3 pre-buff)

Tier OP classes have the potential to carry half of the required DPS for GDN Dragon Stage if geared and played properly.

★Tier 1 (1/4 of the whole team's DPS)
    Artillery
    Black Mara
    Dark Summoner
    Inquisitor
    Light fury
    Saleana (tier 2 pre-buff)
    Raven
    Ray Mechanic

★Tier 2 (1/5 of the whole team's DPS)
    Abyss Walker
    Adept
    Barbarian
    Crusader
    Elestra (tier 3 pre-buff)
    Gladiator (tier 3 pre-buff)
    Majesty (doesn't change at all)
    Oracle Elder
    Ripper
    Silver Hunter
    Soul Eater
    Sting Breezer
    Tempest

Tier 2 and up are considered as good DPS classes for GDN.
    Some Tier 2 's DPS are very very close to tier 1 :P I would like to rank them as tier 1, but those classes usually have some flaws in their skill sets that make them tier 2 when the battle takes too long to end. For example, Elestra's MP cost will cause her to have lower DPS when her MP runs out, which is a very common scenario in GDN :P Another example will be AW, he could easily be a tier 1 DPS if he flawlessly used his Dark Conviction properly in the Dragon stage, wasting none of his Dark Conviction dmg to boss mechanics and stuff, but this is very unrealistic, so I ranked him as tier 2, although I did managed to get an acceptable tier 1 DPS in my recent runs.

★Tier 3(1/6~1/7 of the whole team's DPS)
    Everyone else

Though there are some high tier 3 and low tier 3, the main point is that they probably are not suitable for being the main DPS for Dragon stage in the team(either because of boss mechanics or skill bugs).
    Some of the tier 3 classes may be in tier 2, but are categorized into tier 3 due to lack of information.
    Many of the tier 3 classes are there because of their skill bugs and the annoying GDN mechanics that limits their DPS environment.
    Last edited by zArAthena; 05-29-2018, 05:35 AM.
    zArAthena - Flurry. LafielHime - Black Mara. LukaLukaNF - Black Mara. zArZeratul - Raven. FaerieMoon - Arti

Comment

• serenial250dwell
      Editing a comment
      BTW, what does "Smasher(tier 3 pre-buff)" mean?

• zArAthena
      zArAthena commented
      Editing a comment
      Mean her DPS tier before the boost (the recently boost at SEA).

• Kuen
      Kuen commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm. So barb and Glad now doesn't have that huge gap now huh?

DPS tier does exist. Those who say otherwise are either too optimistic or too oblivious.

​​​​However, you would do well to remember that DPS rank is prone to change every month. There have been many instances where certain OP class got nerfed to oblivion.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      lets make an example... Dark Avenger

soon: Flurry
      next: Ray Mechanic

• zArAthena
      zArAthena commented
      Editing a comment
      DA never get nerf. It is just other class get boost a lot, but DA still the same. So you feel the "nerf"
      In fact, throughout DN history, they rarely nerf any OP class. What they did was boost other class to surpass those current OP class. So in the end, the old OP class will become weaker relatively compare to the new OP class. They rarely directly nerf any class. For example, current DA.

• serenial250dwell
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, NearLawlet! Yes indeed DN's DPS rank is dynamic, and I will surely remember that.
      That is also the reason why DPS is only 50% of my consideration.
      I am grateful for your concern my good sir!
      Last edited by serenial250dwell; 05-29-2018, 07:18 PM. Reason: grammatical error

DPS Queen is Flurry for solo play...
    i got lucky and reached this..

all unique jades
    1.85m att
    cri 89%
    cdi 285%
    84% elem (with ECJ)
    7k FD (non fd build)
    Last edited by acevanlee; 05-29-2018, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm for DN, most of the important contents are not the type where you cast few skills and the boss dies. It's very easy to get extremely high DPS using a extremely strong single hit skill and boss with low HP, which any class can do. For example, a Glad's FA can deal extremely high damage and get similar DPS report as you show. However, that same result does not show when put to longer DPS windows such as maybe GDN Time Attack? I use this example because at this point of time, most bosses can be killed within 10s in a decent geared party. I do not believe there is value in showing high DPS in these 1 skill kill scenarios. In such a case, why would you need a DPS tier list?

Unless you wish to tell me that the above DPS was measured over a length of time, which would be amazing. However, given your stats above, that is unlikely.

• acevanlee
      acevanlee commented
      Editing a comment
      ahh ok.. thought u meant different..
      yeah i agree.. thats y i said "i got lucky"

thats a 4-5 second time frame (stab screw > pierce > shutter bounce > 2x spin skewer > lollipop > hornet's > RS ins)

i think i posted this thinking that the class can reach such dps numbers given those stats

• Vaddix
      Vaddix commented
      Editing a comment
      You most likely killed the boss within 5 seconds to reach that Stage DPS Result.

Originally posted by Knee View Post

If you do have few classes in mind, might as well list it here and people can reply from there.
    We all know how "Top Tier DPS List" thread will end and it's never a good ending.
    Originally posted by [B
    Mr.Shovels[/B];n138213]

we can't say for sure which class is the top dps or not, even if you do the math, and made accurate calculations, the issue lies on players that disagree to the result, its a controversial topic so to speak.

List down all the possible class you use and you might use since you're still deciding (from my perspective)

Yes Mr. Knee and Monsieur Shovels...

So here are the DPS classes that I prefer in terms of playstyle and usability.. In no particular order..
    Black Mara, Ray Mechanic, Smasher, Shooting Star, Artillery...

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      Class that are Top DPS with mobility:
      Artillery (Swift, lots of jumps, lots of movements)
      Shooting Star (Has little skill casting animation on both Mine Thrower and Biochem Missile, requires action speed to perform better)

Class that are Top DPS with little to moderate mobility:
      Ray Mechanic (Slow skill casting animation when transformed/Summoned Alfredo Frontier)
      Smasher (Because of Laser Ray and slow skill casting animation)
      Black Mara (Some skills forces your character to be in a steady stance to perform skills especially in Black Mara transformation)

Artillery is your best bet into considering the list zArAthena posted, since she has more mobility than all the other 4 classes that you have mentioned but in terms of skill spamming, Smasher and shooting star are at best considering Shooting Star can hit up Splash 15x without restrictions except if she ran out of bubbles, but ofc bubble gaining from recharge is a considerably good amount and enough to deal lethal damage, and you also generate bubble each few seconds.
      Smasher will probably win it because of her nine tail laser x3 cooldown charges since it will save up 2 additional cooldowns the time you don't use it much, and since Smasher is the "Beyond Time" queen now, she can probably overpower Shooting Star when buffed, pre-buffed not so much.

Black Mara and Ray Mechanic are 2 spin-offs that are the strongest of regular class, considering Ray Mechanic should be the best DPS than Shooting star because she has more dps output on her skills when in alfredo frontier mode (see her skills for details, google up dnskillsimulator and you will know it) it is because Shooting Star has more debuffs and better skill cooldown and with alfredo beside her, she's a much better choice considering she also has more mobility than ray mechanic in alfredo frontier mode.
      Black Mara is on her own league, she's a dark element user, but since there isn't any news into elemental resists of boss created on Nests now, its probably not even worth the time to talk about how Dark element would be effective on a nest. Black Mara can only transform into her best mode if you generate fast and enough bubbles, so she has limits as to when she will be able to deal her best damaging skills, that is why she's on the 2nd top dps tier.

• serenial250dwell
      Editing a comment
      Wow thank u for your response Monsieur Shovels! I think I will go for SMASHAAAAA. Haha
Working...
X