Dealing With People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing With People

So with the incoming closing of the DN EU server I transfered here at DN SEA. Was able to get my first character to level 95 in 3 days thanks to the timely EXP boost.

Obviously the culture here would be different so my question is how do you deal with people on certain instances?

1. Storm of Time & Space

Back in EU we normal create a party with a STORM on the title (I think people usually check the party status in EU) the BC STORM. Here I noticed that players resort to just matching. Is there any other way that you do it?

2. Fission Maze (Daily/Weekly Task)

In EU we pretty much utilize the party status (“O” key) we just create a party saying LB-XX and players usually join. Here I see LFP, LFM, RM, etc. How do you deal with the floor-by-character strength gap? Obviously you don’t want to do a FM run with players much weaker than you.

Any thing that you can add too.

BTW what’s GTS? xD

Thanks

People seldom use the party search window here in SEA, its mostly used for Service parties and/or RoB spotting.

For LB, people usually use blue/yellow bird “LFM>LB-XX floor” and when you join the party usually they inspect you and kick you . Or you can just go to GTS ch.1.

Note: GTS is Garden of Time and Space, middle of Saint Haven.
    Do unto others what you want others do unto you
    aLsylph | aLicht
    Sniper | Light Fury

Comment

People in SEA is much more primitive than you think as compared to EU.

1. Storm of Time and Space.
      In SEA, we named it STS (shorter than storm ). Since it is comp-on, gears doesnt matter but skills. Hence, unless going to run with guildmates or friend, we doesnt really bother to make a party for it which is another effort we lazy spoonfed players doesnt want to pay. So ya, IMO the party matching system is a god gift that saves our time and effort.

2. Fission Maze, or everything else.
      We are still resort to the old way of shouting LFM, LFP in Chn 1 GTS (or GTS1 in short). Although being ineffective and lag af, it allows us to inspect the players before letting them joining the party. This is also how we deal with the gear-to-LB strength gap. People also sometimes birds for FM parties.
      Fun Fact: people likes to use the term HDPS (high DPS). It is a cancer term meaning they need players with good gears (most of the time better than theirs) to carry them, or at the very least case, not being a leecher.

3. Tagalog
      If you dont know, Tagalog is the language used by most pinoy (people from The Philippines). Although DNSEA official language is English, many pinoy doesnt bother to use them and instead, assumes everybody speak Tagalog. Most of the case they will speak English to you if you mentions you dont speak Tagalog, but in some extreme case they will just continue speaking Tagalog as in they dont even knows English. Feels free to leave them if they refuse to speak English, most of the time they are just kiddos or low educated pinoys, which are mostly cancer.
      Some of the important terms you need to know included: Bobo (noob), Putang ina mo (F your mom), walang na (no/dont have), penge gold (give me gold). (I am not a pinoy btw)

4. Scamming
      Scamming in here is especially common. You may read the guide by launcelot in knowing the types of scam exists in DNSEA and how to avoid them. We DNSEA players likes to being exploiting, included using gold to buy CC, buy crystal points, buy untradeable cash item via gift, which are all prone to scam.
      LINK: http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/se...employed-in-dn

5. PangYah/ROB
      PangYah is our top rank PVP players, which is accessible to the ROB and ROD in the colloseum shop. Hence, players always flock to him when he is online for the ROB and ROD. The market price for ROB is 100g. Use the Party window for easier access to his party.

Anything else, feel free to ask in here.
      "Internet is full of trolls and idiots."
      - Albert Einstein

Mail me gold to IGN: Scimitarry

Comment

• xianxi
        xianxi commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven't had the chance to try ROB/ROD in EU. It seems that no one is offering that service there or I'm not just aware. I'm wondering how can I acquire it from PangYah. Do I join his party, he'll accept me, pay the fee and give me the buff?

• BananaCredits
        BananaCredits commented
        Editing a comment
        ROB is an item that once pressed/activated, the whole party has the buff for 24 hours. Yes you are right, but due to the huge number of players he couldnt actually trace everyone, so he just buff once the ROB is done cd and the party is full. Be honest and just mail him the gold.

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        PangYah is nice enough to buff everyone even without them paying him a dime or giving a like, it doesn't matter to him since he's more like your casual God Father in a Mafia that will definitely invite you to a dinner even if you've got all your guns attached to your body.

although it's more like a community service for him, so give him donation if you've got enough to spare, but if you don't then it doesn't really matter, also he's rarely online in the game and that wasn't the case from before.

There are still some good players around, because most of them are cancer/ kids with less education, so good/ kind people rarely to seen...
      Some Malay, SG and Indonesian players also still exist...
      And about STS, better just equip ur low grade gear, like only neris weapon equipped before you enter STS party matching, in case you got dumb party member who leaves party due to kill boss a bit longer, or someone dc then the other leaves too, or someone afk inside. So, you don't need to worry about repair fee for your neris equipment, I just leave it to 0 durability forever.
      Because currently repair fee for legendary gear is expensive if you got dc/ leave party while you are in dungeon/ nest.
      Oh yah, 1 more if u still don't know, before you enter Legendia Continent Exploration (LCE) also just equip neris weapon only, because with your higher grade gear, you got higher fee too for repair fee after cleared LCE.

Comment

I've read all the other member's reply on your post and they seem to have an accurate description of what they do in the game base on their experience.

Now for my experience, i usually just have fun with my guildies doing all of my Daily Task, daily FTG usage by depleting all available daily ftg that i had in that day, helping those who hasn't been done doing FM or Fission Maze that needs to be carried in a higher LAB or level of the Fission Maze to earn up a lot of points in just two runs, as expected from a good model of moral actions when you're in a guild, and finally how to spend all your weekly FTG, figuring this out in a span of a week is very difficult for me considering i've got my hands full of doing my Main Quest with my sub characters to use, helping my guildies since they are hopeless without helping them out on what they need (not true, just making the long read a bit fun) and events, its events that kills you.

Ok it looks like i've never answered your questions correctly so i'm going to give you some tips on how to approach some very toxic species of players in a party and in the game that needs caution when you're trying to have a civilized conversation with them and they are trying to cuss on you because they don't like you, this also applies for the other cancerous specie that mainly lives in loathing and leeching from other player's hard work by letting them handle all the tough job in the nest, they die quickly and the worst part is, they won't cooperate:
        1. DO NOT TALK BACK - if you are being accused by a toxic specie of player, regarding you failing to do this and that, do not talk back when they are being hostile towards you, this way they will keep on ranting and will eventually use a blue bird to tell how you suck on a nest, where eventually you see them die a few times before the whole party completes the stage, nest or dungeon or even STS or from that short term Storm of Time and Space
        2. STAY CALM - for the most part of living in hell for a few minutes with a party that doesn't cooperate with you or any other members, just suck it for a while, if you see that you or any other members aren't making any progress on doing a nest, dungeon or any other stage, please do kindly leave, it is for your own good after all, never retaliate, this will only in a moment of deliberate cringing, face decay, brain cells dying and most importantly, depression.
        3. BE HAPPY - nothing will happen if you keep cussing the one cussing you, ditch whatever they are saying on chat, go to another chat tab where you can't see whatever they are typing and just casually ignore the chat bubble floating around their head, and think of it as if there are 2 members on your party that are flirting to each other, not to mention you just doing your job perfectly and the other having the worst day of their life at that moment, just think that everything is fine.
        4. FIND THE PERFECT MOMENT - if you know that your party members aren't the type to have a casual conversation, then i suggest you stop there, if they aren't replying that means they are one serious player and they don't give a cookie dough about what you want to talk about, ofcourse other than saying they suck, they will probably displeased by your rudeness, even though it is, a true fact proven by your own 2 eyes, or maybe an eye, i'm not judging.
        Just remember these key letters and you will know what they are trying to accomplish if you're trying to find a party on party search:
        • LFM - Looking for Member
        • LFP - Looking for Party
        • S> (insert raid nest here) - Providing Boost run for a particular Raid Nest, not sure if this is a prominent service on EU
        70% of the time you will find yourself wondering "What the hell are they talking about?!" on blue bird chat, considering majority of DN SEA players are from the Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia, or even Thailand or Vietnam but they've got their own DN regional servers out there so i don't think there will be a lot of them here.

If you are going to do trades and stuff, you might wanna visit our "Useful Guidelines and Links" thread section for more info about them, since you're gonna be playing in one of the servers with the most notorious scammers of all dragon nest servers, not to mention one of the most toxic-heaping pile of garbage words that you could ever imagine seeing on bluebird chat in broad daylight (well broad daylight at GMT+8)

Keep in mind, we are here to support the homeless players of EU, we will provide shelter here when you come and play on SEA server.

If you're searching for a guild you can PM me here in the forums if you like and i'll have you join our ranks (our guild really needs more active members to be exact)

Comment

• xianxi
          xianxi commented
          Editing a comment
          I've sent you a PM

6. GUILD(s)

Guild names tell everything about you. Let's say you joined on a Gold Plated/Phoenix/Crown guild, players gonna say " Oh, this character might be a Monster Player's TH Mule." etc.

7. SAINT HAVEN CHANNELS

Channel 1 is the most crowded, toxic af, and nest servicing channel of all time. This is the place if you need to gather some hatred towards each player.
        You might see someone shouting " LFM > FM30 3/4 N>DPS GS:7.5k++ " [translated as Looking for Member/s > Fission Maze 30 3/4 Need DPS with Gear Score 7500+]

Channels 5 & 7. The International channel IMO. This is where MY/SG/TH/etc players gather. There are too many stronk/OP players here but be cautious about some of the POSER IGN, make sure you read the names twice before starting some conversations (telling this because I am always redirected here for many reports about scamming/poser/etc by victims). Remember, read the IGN carefully, when trading, find launcelot's scamming prevention guide or just use notepad if necessary.

Channel 11. AFAIK The DN SEA Discord Hangouts Area (Correct me if I'm wrong here.. hehe). This is the place where I gradually go to have funny conversations or take some break and look for fashionistas.

8. HAVE FUN ALL THE TIME
        ~
        Always look straight to your goals, conquer them all and have fun.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
          Mr.Shovels commented
          Editing a comment
          same thing for channel 10, most of the players hanging out on ch10 usually is on their discord server afk and having a talk with other players of the same channel

Welcome aboard to SEA Server friend. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Comment

Hi and welcome to DN SEA, if you need help just pm!

Comment

Working...
          X