X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of things.

Let's just jump into it.

Reinstating Old Content and Features
    A lot of what was taken out of the game gave the tools and features provided to create experiences between players. Some of this content includes:

> You have to go into town to repair gear and learn skills
    > Class unique lustres
    > Class unique gear
    > Difficulty options for dungeons

Yes, it is inconvenient but, this content provided engagement with the game and other players. Like trading gear or lusters with different classes. Or going into town to learn some skills but you end up getting into a dance party with other players. (A true experience that I once had QuQ I miss those times!)

Class Clean up
    Two classes are miss a second branch. It feels incomplete and like you have abandoned them.
    It feels strange that for Dark Avenger and Sliver Hunter you have to start a new a completely new character, why not have them as an add-on skill set for already existing characters?

Edit: To add to this. Maybe go back and make the original 4 classes main story lines more unique in the beginning of the game. As their story lines are more generalized than the newer classes. Also maybe bring back unique class changing quest lines. It can encourage players to re-play content with different classes if their stories are more unique.

Make Old Nests into a catch-up mechanic
    From my understanding a lot of the content was narrowed down in order to make leveling faster. However, I think it would be better to just reinstate old nests but just make them a faster method of leveling. That way the main quest line and level content doesn't have to be a water downed. Players could have the options of running the nests to level fast. Or play through the leveling content at whatever difficulty they want.

Focus on Leveling content too!
    Leveling is the bulk of your content (93 levels!!!) I think it's important to give it some love! From level 1 to 93! Instead of trying to water it down or minimize it. Try expanding on it?
    Maybe add in a new lower level dungeon every now and again?
    Or create events that give players a reason revisit old content?
    This can also go for other game features! Like earning photo albums!! (I personally really like earning the photos for the photo album!!)
    ______

As the game stands right now I find it hard to recommend it. New players would have to drag themselves through watered down content to get to the experience(s) that I remember and have. So I give these suggestions because I love the game and want to see it succeed in the NA region. I have said this a lot on Nexon forums but I (and a lot of others) felt we were never heard. So I am hoping that Eyedenity will listen or at least communicate with us about our concerns. Thank you for your time!
    Last edited by GhostlyEggs; 10-04-2016, 10:44 PM.

Just like in the other thread, I definitely want the difficulties back, and old nests back.

I don't agree about the repair thing, myself, and when I first played this game, I made an archer and stuck with it, so can't comment on class clean up.

But getting to do those early Abyss runs, and seeing the level with a different look and bigger challenge was always fantastic. Right now I've restarted and boy, the leveling is so fast now compared to before. I honestly think it's too fast, and I'm just BLOWING through things so damn easily because there aren't difficulty choices.

Comment

• GhostlyEggs
      GhostlyEggs commented
      Editing a comment
      omg I haven't responded to this so I'm gonna do that now. XD

I get having to go to town can be inconvenient but those were the times that encouraged interaction with the in-game community as a whole. As most of the game you're going to go through with a small group of five. Imo the more reasons for people to go in and out of town the better. (ofc you're free to disagree, that's cool)

To elaborate on my class clean up point, it's mostly suggesting that ED concentrate on expanding on their already existing classes & characters instead of trying to make new ones. Like instead of having to make a whole new character for the 'silver hunter', just give the archer class a quest line that unlocks the silver hunter title and skills. It might be more of a personal thing, but to me that makes more sense than having to make a whole new character just for some upgrades to an already existing class.

Yeah, leveling it too easy as of right now. It's boring and doesn't really provide the challenge of having to actually learn how to play the class you chose. So even if new players get to end-game. They are going to have to struggle to actually play their class right among people who have probably been playing for years. Talk about a sticky situation. >:

the title of this posts gives no clear indication of what it's about, more people might click it if they knew what it's about
    Discord: Sir_Nexus#5463
    LK: NexusDragon
    LK: Chapters
    LK: NexusReborn
    AH: Master
    BM: Colourful
    Saint: NexusRaiju
    Saint: NexusAtlas
    Saint: Depths
    BD: NexusUri
    Barb: NexusBehemth
    IW: NexusYuki
    DA: NexusFyre
    GM: NexusRobot
    Sniper: NexusGaia

Reaper: NexusPhoenix
    RM: Marshmallow
    Tink: Squishu
    Valk: NexusAura
    Patrona: NexusAyva
    Hunter: NexusAngel
    OE: TheGoddess
    BP: HeavyHeart

Comment

• GhostlyEggs
      GhostlyEggs commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately t won't let me change the title. :/ Hopefully Eyedentity will still see tho.

Can't agree with this topic more. Yes, most of your points were inconvenient, but those were the best Dragon Nest experience I had.

Another thing I miss was trying to befriend NPCs. 24 cap having to give 100 gold to May in Carderock in order to befriend her... Damn, it actually made me very keen to meet new NPCs and max out their fondness.

In anycase, "Focus on Leveling content too!", can't agree with this more. Bring back Abyss, bring back cap nests. It's hard to get people interested in this game if the only thing you can tell them is that the game starts at 90... And ends at 93 for most people.

Comment

• GhostlyEggs
      GhostlyEggs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes! I loved befriending the NPCs! I liked it more when you had actual gift type items to give them instead of the current badge thing they have going on. I also like how if you got them to a certain percentage you unlocked a photo in the album! I wish they gave more photos and friends to unlock!

I didn't realize what your topic was about because of the title ;~; so I made a similar topic regarding the difficulty of the game.
    I agree with all of your points. If most of the content can be completed solo, it removes the social aspect of a mmo.
    I hadn't even noticed that they removed class-unique equipment...I just thought I was getting lucky but I did feel it was weird that I kept getting stuff that I could equip.

OH AND APPARENTLY they removed a bunch of the low level nests!? WELL now there's no challenging PvM content early in the game.

Edit:
    As I continue going through the game, I've noticed other, very terrible changes that they added.
    Sea Dragon Nest can be completed solo, and they removed all of the additional maps. You go in, and slap the boss with your OP costumes.

GhostlyEggs comments that they should increase exp and I think that method of catching up to the level cap is much more enjoyable and rewarding as a player, and a lot less work as a developer.
    Last edited by Mintchi; 10-05-2016, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• GhostlyEggs
      GhostlyEggs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, they removed all the previous caps nest in order to revamp them than release them at the current cap level. :c Personally I think it's a lot of wasted resources and energy. As most people who ran those nests over and over the first time are likely to just not do them. Players that haven't played through them before probably never will because they'll get bored before reaching cap. That's why I think they should just leave the nests as they are, make the mobs & bosses give increased exp, than re-release them as a catch up mechanic. That way players can still experience them and get use out of them. + It would give players options on how they want to progress. ( o w o )b
Working...
X