Can't update/need to reinstall?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't update/need to reinstall?!

So I reinstalled Dragon Nest because I got this error and I still get this error even after redownloading and installing the full zip?!

Anyone have a solution to this? I can't even use Steam because it's down at the moment [1:31PM EST].. </333

That's a pretty vague error message. :/

I'll attach a picture of what should be in the full .zip. Did you get every file listed in the picture?

If the answer is yes, then I'm super puzzled what went wrong and my only thought at that point is to uninstall (NOT delete), reboot your computer, and just unzip/install the game again.

And on the bright side, I think Steam will be back online sometime in the near future. I managed to log onto Steam (as of 1:50 PM EST), but some of the services and stuff are still down, so it isn't fully operational yet.
    Attached Files
    ~ Check this out if you're having problems installing Dragon Nest ~

~ Check out this or this if you can't hit or loot anything in-game ~

Orona -- Ice Witch

Comment

Originally posted by Orona View Post
      That's a pretty vague error message. :/

I'll attach a picture of what should be in the full .zip. Did you get every file listed in the picture?

If the answer is yes, then I'm super puzzled what went wrong and my only thought at that point is to uninstall (NOT delete), reboot your computer, and just unzip/install the game again.

And on the bright side, I think Steam will be back online sometime in the near future. I managed to log onto Steam (as of 1:50 PM EST), but some of the services and stuff are still down, so it isn't fully operational yet.
      Yeah the .zip had all the files! I really dislike playing through Steam because the freakin shift+tab menu pops up randomly whenever I press some other key!

Comment

Try the uninstall, reboot, and reinstall thingy I proposed for now. Let me know if that makes any difference. Fingers crossed!

As for the Steam overlay, that is something I know how to help with! (Because it drove me insane too)

In Steam, go to the "Steam" menu on the very, very top left of the screen, then "Settings". Then use the picture I'll attach to change the Overlay hotkey to a different key. In my picture, you'll see I changed it to a button I never, ever use. The pause/break button. That should resolve it for DN and any other game you might play on Steam.
        Attached Files
        ~ Check this out if you're having problems installing Dragon Nest ~

~ Check out this or this if you can't hit or loot anything in-game ~

Orona -- Ice Witch

Comment

Run dn as administrator and it will update. I use to get that error too until I did that

Comment

Working...
          X