Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Computer Game Immediately Crashes On Launch

Hey guys,

I just built myself a new computer and downloaded DN. Whenever I start the game (running as Admin) on Windows 10, I get an error report and the game crashes.

I've tried redownloading and reinstalling DN multiple times but it keeps happening. Anyone got any ideas on how to help me? I've downloaded Directx 11 as well.

Thanks!

Update: Game works when I download and launch via Steam, but still instantly crashes when I play via normal download/launcher.

Comment

Hi there!

So I kind of need a little more information about what exactly you're dealing with.

If the issue is you get a message like "Client data error, please reinstall the client." Then the good news is it's an easy fix. Just run the dnlauncher file as administrator.

If that's not the issue, then may I ask what file you're using to launch the game? In the DragonNest folder, there are two files that "start" the game. dnlauncher gives the game a chance to update itself. DragonNest starts the game client directly. I can see a problem though with using the DragonNest file if your game hasn't been updated (and you do need to update it during a fresh installation). So using dnlauncher should fix that problem.

If neither of those are the problem, then if you have any more information about what the error is, that'd be helpful.

Also, if you downloaded the full client at once or did the three part download, that is information that would be nice to know as well.
      ~ Check this out if you're having problems installing Dragon Nest ~

~ Check out this or this if you can't hit or loot anything in-game ~

Orona -- Ice Witch

Comment

doesn't work either, DN completely crashed and almost killed my PC tried to reinstall and have same issue, did the launcher strategy and doesn't work, i think they have a problem with the new patch information, not happy about this either, keeps saying client failed...

Comment

Originally posted by SSVK View Post
          doesn't work either, DN completely crashed and almost killed my PC tried to reinstall and have same issue, did the launcher strategy and doesn't work, i think they have a problem with the new patch information, not happy about this either, keeps saying client failed...
          Gotta give as much information as you can if you want help.

Is it crashing on the launcher or when you're in-game?
          What "launcher strategy" are you talking about?
          Can you take a screenshot of the "client failed" message?
          Has this issue only been a problem for you since the update or is this an old problem?
          ~ Check this out if you're having problems installing Dragon Nest ~

~ Check out this or this if you can't hit or loot anything in-game ~

Orona -- Ice Witch

Comment

Working...
          X