Suggest: Ideas for skill changes incase sniper gets another revamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggest: Ideas for skill changes incase sniper gets another revamp

After a long time of playing my sniper, i now have given up on her and just stick with my crusader, considering after some extensive research and checking the DPS ranking on all varying sources, Sniper really doesn't add up as a good DPS as of now, even when geared, her dps just wasn't great anymore now that they have nerfed Critical Break, which is an essential part of her dps enhancement passives, as well as a bland "Awakening" addition on her skills on the Awakening update from years ago...

Skills that i have a problem with:
    • Wind Shaft
      • Wind Shaft is probably a good dps skill, you can keep on spamming it as long as you have the wind arrows, as well as it has a good AoE range, the problem is that it is affected by latency, as well as stuttering if you are using a low-end computer, for most it is not an issue, but there are still occasional bugs from the skill where it doesn't hit, the animation doesn't trigger at all and it doesn't deal any damage, as well as in some cases it does trigger but for the half the duration it should have dealt the dps, i have witnessed it many times that the triggering is delayed.
    • Piercing Shot
      • Piercing Shot is an OK skill, but it is not a Good skill, the bleeding effect is unique but unfortunately it doesn't appeal very much on my part, yes bleeding effect is a norm for many archers on most mmorpg, even at the tower defense game i play it has a bleeding effect for the archer towers BUT it is not what i have expected it to be, rather the effect itself is so weak that it's not really noticeable by many, including myself which is very much conflicted as to why only piercing shot? why not an added effect for critical break? or rather make it a unique debuff that a sniper can only deal? a bleeding debuff where players can deal 1% more damage for each HP lost if the enemy's hp is below 60%? or maybe a debuff that increases damage dealt by 0.25% per 1% hp lost over time? which is a self inflicting damage and is not a regular debuff applied to a monster but rather discreetly same as critical break? a damage multiplier?
    • Sliding Shot
      • This skill at first looks cool, then i realized the skill isn't meant to be a dps skill, its only meant to re-position your character while dealing damage, in my opinion i don't like the skill considering i have an enhanced version of the tumble, much faster, much accurate for character placement, and can avoid real danger such as jump mechs on boss.
    What if Sniper's can actually use several of their skills in mid-air and not only Aerial Chain Shot? i'm gonna be imaginative on this one and add it in as one of my suggestions on the skill changes for the sniper class.

Now, if Sniper were to have another revamp, this would be my idea on how to bring back the sniper class into the game which can compete with artillery's dps:

Changes and replacements on certain skills
    • Charge Shot EX (Additional Effect)
      • Can be used both in ground and in mid-air
        • When on ground - Same function as it would
        • When used in mid-air - after using Aerial Chain Shot, Charged Shot can be used in mid-air to pierce enemies with several smaller charged shot and deal 25% of charged shot's total dps per arrow, shoots 5 total arrows in quick succession
    • Arrow Shower EX (Additional Effect)
      • Can be used both in ground and in mid-air
        • When used in mid-air - after using Aerial Chain Shot or Charged Shot, Arrow Shower can be used in mid-air to quickly rain down piercing arrows onto enemies below ground which also gives you a momentary aerial flight for a short duration while the skill is being used (duration of shooting arrows is half of that when using it on the ground)
    • Aerial Chain Shot (For Class Master II)
      • When Triangle shot is used, Aerial Chain Shot Instant can be triggered and ACS will shoot arrows at a much faster rate and spinning effect is removed and instead Charged Shot or Arrow Shower can be used with an improved Action speed in mid-air (Action speed temporary buff only lasts for 3 seconds)
    • Bleeding Pierce (Replacement for Siege Stance)
      • Skill Type: Instant
        Cooldown: 22 seconds
        Skill lvl limit: 10(+2)
        Skill Level 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
        Damage 800% 900% 1000% 1100% 1200% 1500% 1650% 1800% 1950% 2100% 2300% 2500%

Shoots a piercing arrow that can inflict bleeding on enemies that deals dps over time

Inflicts bleeding damage of 100% of atk per second, bleeding lasts for 18 seconds​​​​​​
      • Bleeding Pierce EX
        • Increases damage by 50%
          Improves cooldown from 22 seconds to 18 seconds
          Marks enemies that are hit with Bleeding Pierce with the Sniper's Mark which increases all critical hit's critical damage by 10% for 10 seconds

Pierces an enemy using a red tip arrow and inflicting Bleed that increases the damage inflicted to the enemy by skills which used affiliated to the sniper class

(Sniper's Mark) Enhances skill effects of the following sniper skills for the same duration of the Sniper's Marks:

[Charged Shot] Increases damage by 50%
          [Aerial Chain Shot] Increases damage per arrow by 100%
          [Arrow Shower] Increases damage per arrow by 20%
    • Class Mastery I
      • When Bleeding Pierce is used, attack power temporarily increases by 10% for 10 seconds

Passively increases attack power by 10%
        Increases Arrow Barrage's Attack Power per arrow by 50%
    • Class Mastery II (Linked to Aerial Chain Shot)
      • When Triangle Shot is used, a seedling is quickly shot that explodes and deals damage on nearby targets on the location where it drops, when landed on a target enemy it latches on to it and explodes some time
        deals the same damage as the current CM II
    • Class Mastery III (Multi Shot)
      • Instead of shooting 7 arrows in a fan shaped style, 7 arrows are shot infront in a straight aim in quick succession, you can use right click to follow up 7 more airborne arrows, and after using Multishot, Arrow Shower becomes an instant skill and can be used to follow up with red piercing arrows which inflicts enhanced bleeding on enemies and arrows can be shot more faster, increases Arrow Shower's number of arrows shot by 50%, action speed is also increased by 3 times.
        [Enhanced Bleeding] when enemy is inflicted with Bleeding Pierce, Arrow Shower's damage is increased by 50% per arrow
        [Multi Shot] Increases attack power by 100% per arrow shot, final airborne arrow using right click deals 50% more damage per arrow
    • Cheating Point
      • Shoots a seedling that latches on to an enemy and inflicting damage in an area wherever the enemy is located upon which the seedling latched on to, same as the current cheating point but clings to an opponent, same effect as Detonating Arrow
    • Siege Mode (replacement for Sliding Shot)
      • A Buff type skill when used, all normal attacks becomes siege arrow shots which inflicts 300% of atk per shot, and each shot accumulates wind arrows, also all sniper skills is enhanced
        [Charged Shot] Increases Attack power by 50% and instantly shoots Charged Arrows upfront, reduces cooldown by 2 seconds (Ground)
        [Arrow Shower] Increases number of arrows shot and gives the ability to shoot the arrows while moving around (50% movement speed penalty while skill is being used) Cooldown is reduced from 24 seconds to 16 seconds (Ground)
        [Aerial Chain Shot] jumps and shoots up arrows in mid-air, can use Aerial Sniping afterwards

Siege Mode buff lasts for 900 seconds, cannot move while attacking (its a buff , normal attack modifier same as Moon Lord's Moonblader buff) Can be used in mid-air (along combos with CS, ACS, AS)

When Normal attacks hits enemies, Cooldown of Arrow Barrage is reduced by 2 seconds.
    • [Awakened Passive] ( Sylph's Aid Replacement for Piercing Shot )
      • Cooldown is reduced by 15 seconds
        Duration improved from 20 to 25 seconds
        and when the skill is used, action speed for Siege Mode normal attacks is increased by 300% for 10 seconds
    • [Awakened Passive] Charged Shot Ultimate ( Replacement for Siege Stance (Aim) )
      • Charge shot improves and can become Charged Shot Ultimate which when used, shoots a larger version of charged shot, which instantaneously blasts after the charging phase infront, piercing enemies and deals massive damage and improving critical break trigger rate depending on how many wind arrows were used.
        • Charging phase - each second for a total of 5 seconds, 5 wind arrows shall be used and each wind arrows used will increase the trigger rate of critical break when using this skill by 2% for a total of 50% more trigger rate, for an overall 90% trigger rate adding in critical break's base trigger rate.

Wind Arrows is accumulated when the following skills is used

[Charged Shot] 5 Wind arrows (Ground & Aerial use)
          [Arrow Shower] 10 Wind Arrows (Ground & Aerial use)

50 Wind arrows max limit of accumulation

When enough wind arrows is accumulated, Charged Shot becomes Charged Shot Ultimate and can be used, for each charging phase the color of the energy being gathered on the tip of the arrow will change from green (1.5 seconds) yellow (2.5 seconds) orange (3.5 seconds) and to red (4.5 seconds)
          The damage of the shot will vary from each stage of the charging phase
          Green - 8000%
          Yellow - 12000%
          Orange - 16000%
          Red - 20000%

Left click to immediately release charged shot
    • [Awakened Passive] Aerial Sniping ( Replacement for Siege Stance (Accumulate) )
      • Improves Aerial Skills and when Aerial Chain Shot is used, Charged Shot and Arrow Shower Becomes Instant and does not share cooldown with Ground based CS and AS.
        • [Charged Shot] increases damage by 50% when used in mid-air and instead of shooting 5 smaller charged shots, blasts the ground with an explosive charge shot arrow, cooldown is reduced to 8 seconds (Aerial)
        • [Arrow Shower] Increases damage per arrow by 50% when used in mid-air, increases number of arrows shot by 10 more , cooldown is reduced to 16 seconds (Aerial)
        • [Aerial Chain Shot] Increases attack power per arrow by 100%
    Last edited by Mr.Shovels; 03-03-2019, 10:11 PM.

hmmm... sorry for the title... i was drunk when i typed in "Suggest" instead of "Suggestion" such a stupid mistake

Comment

I used to have a similar idea like yours; A compilation of proposed changes in order to improve certain class gameplay (refer to Custom Class Revamp). It garnered quite a lot of support too - with several people contributing their own unique ideas.

Months after that, and I barely see any change resembling our suggestions in the following updates.

​​​​​Your objective itself is a commendable one, but ultimately futile since they never bothered to take our perspective into consideration.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        I know that but sharing my ideas is what makes it worth while, awaiting if anyone likes my ideas, and learn from it, that what makes me think more better ideas than the previous ones i've thought of.

I'm not sure what's the purpose of this suggestion thread here in the forums if they rather, the admins or anyone from ED, ignores it, not entirely but rather often, not sure if they even read in the forums anyway, never seen tasha in action for a long time now unlike from before right after the data transfer of CC to ED's server of the DN SEA server they were actively participating in the forum, communicating with the community, now its all gone dark, even if my guide were featured on their main website its not that i cared about it, rather i'm curious if they did that out of doing something because we are already noticing that they are just plainly not visiting the forums anymore.

Not that i care if my ideas where to be applied, or reconsidered as a good material for a revamp of the sniper class, or other people's ideas to become approved, and the person gets commended by his/her efforts of thinking this suggestion through like a thread going through a needle hole.

As long as i have other ideas to share for the community to see and give opinion about, i know this community isn't entirely dead yet, like what ED is showing to us, their dead intentions of actually taking action and getting help from us atleast a bit of an idea, but since this is a korean mmorpg i doubt that they will listen, its a norm for most korean mmorpg to be a pay 2 win game, its mostly a copy pasted game, such as the new korean mmorpg that's being a talk lately on youtube because of its release of the western version of the game this 2019 summer, its a bit similar to DN but rather not that much crowded and you can play with your friends without worrying so much about maybe FTG and pay 2 win quick cash grab for the game company? since they are promoting a free 2 play game rather than a pay 2 win one, but i doubt there will be such a game without a payment system for exclusive items considering the developers and the team maintaining the server also needs money too to survive
    Working...
    X