Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Guide+Theorycrafting][95 Cap]Pve Inquisitor 3.5 - Get Charged!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WolfLover
    commented on 's reply
    I know I am not the one you want to talk to but I'll try to help you out anyways

If you require Critical:
    INT/AGI with INT/VIT jade - Magic attack, MAX HP and critical

If you require critical damage:
    INT/VIT with INT+high crit jade - You lose HP but you can gain back a small amount of it from the VIT stat from the main armor

If you require damage/critical and don't need HP that much:
    INT/AGI with high crit jade - Critical is gained from the AGI stat and critical damage/critical is gained as well from the dragon jade

The VIT given by Medea may be a lot but the HP gain is not as much compared to int/vit jades due to the HP % gained from the jade. Therefore imo its more to personal choice and playstyle.

Example: If you can dodge well in certain nests then you are not likely to need HP % - then you can try to use critical jades and see how it goes.

Hopefully, this helps

• TashaGodspell
    replied
    btw once the conversion of neris to medea is here is it better to use int agi medea then jade with int + vit or medea with int + vit then int + high crit jade ? what do you think

Leave a comment:

• Esncialcsr
    commented on 's reply
    thanks for ur opinion :3

• Jovion
    commented on 's reply
    This is something you have to decide for yourself, there is no correct answer. Ultimate should be a default plate choice anyway so it is a matter of deciding between selling it to get the rest of your plates up to speed, or enjoying the bonus Crit 2nd stat.

Given that one lacks gold and real cash to spend in this game, I would personally sell off the plate (it should fetch a pretty nice price now that Crit is harder to get) and invest the proceeds into getting a Medea set actually. Once there it is a matter of time before they implement Medea > Calypse evolution in SEA and Crit should be less of a problem then.

• Esncialcsr
    replied
    Its a very informative post.However i would like to ask a question. I dont hv much gold and unable to stack FD. does it means i still have to use ultimate? BTW recently i got an ultimate 2nd stat crit lvl 95 from lagendia exploration. Should i equip or sell it since its a bit difficult for me to even max the crit cap. thank you :3

Leave a comment:

• Jovion
    replied
    So with the release of the official English translations of the DPS ranking and the very obvious ranking of Inquis around top 5 (the actual DPS rankings, not the first, big popularity list), I'll make a few comments.

Inquis is actually in a fairly decent spot. It is not the best, but it is also by no means bad. What limits Inquis is the skill ceiling/prediction required to play the class to its full potential. Here are a couple of my recent parses which show what an Inquis can really be capable of:

Pre-Calypse, Early 95 Cap (With Rune L): 197 m
    ​​​​​​ Click image for larger version  Name:	Ps2iyFw.jpg Views:	1 Size:	154.3 KB ID:	113242
    Post-Calypse: 232m
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Edh2jAM.jpg Views:	2 Size:	166.6 KB ID:	113244

The other problem is the phrase "not the best". We are unfortunately outclassed by several balance offenders. Namely Black Mara and Ray Mechanic.

It is pretty annoying to be decked in full Calypse only to do about 10m more than the Black Mara in my party with Rune L. That speaks volumes about the imbalance (willing to bet if the BM was in full Calypse as well she would do ~300m end DPS and trash me hard).

So as you can tell, the exclusion of 8 man data is (as I mentioned earlier) flawed in terms of game balancing. Nonetheless, I do see the sentiment that Inquis is doing poorly. I hope my parses can encourage any Inquis players to continue playing and realize that it is not actually doing too badly. It is a matter of practice and training your ability to play the class that can decide between whether you are just "average" or are doing good. An average Inquis is pretty bad IMO. A good one can give some of the higher-end classes a run for their money.

Of course, if you want to do the top-top DPS. Go Ray Mechanic/Black Mara. Seriously. And Black Mara is getting boosted further. What the hell devs. This is pretty much why I've scaled back my time in DN.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jovion; 12-20-2017, 05:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TashaGodspell
    commented on 's reply
    alright thx for the tip

• Jovion
    commented on 's reply
    I'll admit I have no idea how to advice people how to gear their characters with Neris stuff, since at that gear level DPS is not the only consideration but also stuff like survivability (Can you get enough HP to survive nest bosses? Dead DPS = 0 DPS).

Instinctively, I would say go for INT Neris with INT + VIT armor jades and Light + Vit (93 jades) or Magician + Vit (95 jades). Crit will have to be stacked via 3rd stat heraldry and talismans.

The problem as you might have pointed out is survivability. The best I can say is that if survivability is an issue you swap out a few INT Neris pieces for VIT Neris.

IMO, make yourself VN HC ready first then work towards getting a Medea set before starting on 3rd stat plates. The 3rd stat plates prices look somewhat ridiculous atm so I think it would be a better bang for your buck to get Medea before starting on 3rd stats.

• Jovion
    commented on 's reply
    I usually suggest avoiding using a skill plate in the extra slot as if you can get a decent 3rd stat plate like FD it usually would be better. However, if you don't have said 3rd stat plates then slot in a skill plate.

After the GC boost I personally would just swap HB for GC. LB CD, Consec CD are non-negotiable.Charge Bolt Damage usually is better due to its potential max damage per cooldown, give or take the fact that it is inconsistent. So the 4 plates will become GC, LB, Consec, CB.

• TashaGodspell
    replied
    hi re equipping my inqui using neris stuff how do you max crit on this ? or do i need a medea to do so ? btw 3rd stat for heraldry and talisman should be crit right since i dont have legendary

also all of my 95 jade is int + vit hp and int + light + hp so i can survive is this good?

Leave a comment:

• Khlight
    replied
    Bump.
    I want to know what will be the best skills to be plated after the boost for Priest (I believe the boost will be in this December Patch).
    I am currently using 5 Skill Plates;

Holy Burst (Damage)
    Consecration (Cooldown)
    Mind Breaker (Cooldown)
    Charged Bolt (Damage)
    Lightning Bolt (Cooldown)

I am thinking about plating Grand Cross (Damage) when the boost comes. I am in a dilemma now whether I will remove 1 enhancement plate and will be using 6 Skill Plates or replace 1 of my old skill plates.

Thank You!

Leave a comment:

• Adhelaida
    commented on 's reply
    I see, thanks for the clarification ^^

• Jovion
    commented on 's reply
    On the developer's line, I think it is referring to the fact that the devs are pre-empting criticisms that some characters may look weak on DPS alone but are actually strong because of other factors that some creative people could come up with like better able to survive nest mechanics, or better able to DPS through nest mechanics etc.

So the point he is trying to make is that no matter how you define what makes a "good" or "strong" class whether through DPS or DPS-adjusted-for-X-factor or some non-DPS criteria, a weak class will still be weak and there is a need to look at them.

• Jovion
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah that was a typo lol, fixed it.

The Crusader's CMIII had a bug whereby the extra % damage from their CM III was not applied properly, so their 1000% was 0% until the last patch fixed it.

For Inqui the tested damage is not in anyway lower so we are definitely not suffering from any % not applying bug.

Of course whether the 1 coefficient per bolt is intended is another matter, but I think safe to assume it is seeing that the patch notes from KDN did not touch it.

• Adhelaida
    replied
    Originally posted by Jovion View Post
    -shortened

Conclusion

This means each Charge Bolt Link hit has a coefficient of 1.5. It can hit 27 times maximum on Golem.

Maximum possible Coefficient of Charge Bolt: 27 * 1.5 = 40.5

Total Board Damage of Charge Bolt Link: 0.5 * 157 = 6358.5% Shouldnt be here 40.5 instead 0.5?

Yes, a single cast of Charge Bolt Link is as powerful as Enhanced Holy Burst. We have an OP CM III.
    Check pink text above^
    Way interesting test, i actually enjoyed reading it, when i went to Wolflover's Test i realized its the same but yours is broken down xD.
    So Charge Bolt Link is even more powerful than EHB, just one question, how do you know the dmg its not bug? How much should've be the dmg you got above to conclude its bugged?

Changing topic, im agree that they definitely should consider 8-man content and maybe only base DPS rankings on that content if they really want to class balance well, i dont know what makes me feel the saddest, the fact that Ruina is at last position on every single rank or the fact that it doesnt surprises me (Ruina player)
    • (Anyways, weak characters are weak regardless of how we classify them.) <- I didnt get this, can you tell?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X