No announcement yet.

Is it worth it to main an Oracle Elder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it to main an Oracle Elder?

hi there im currently torn between maining my current SD to my newly created Oracle elder. I got LRudn equips and im just not sure whether who to give the calypse set (due to lvl 95 equips not transferrable). In future nest and raids who do you think would be a better pick with all their skill that can contribute to the upcoming raid dragon? If you also have suggestion on the other 3 sisters feel free to comment. Thanks in advance!

- Get duplicate post-
    Last edited by zArAthena; 11-28-2017, 02:54 AM.
    zArAthena - Flurry. LafielHime - Black Mara. LukaLukaNF - Black Mara. zArZeratul - Raven. FaerieMoon - Arti

Comment

If we talking about DPS: OE >= SD ~ BD. SD and BD have similar DPS. OE also on par or just slightly higher than SD. OE do not so strong like some though before.
      After revamp on next patch, DS will become much stronger than all above 3. Actually, DS will become one of the strongest in the game.
      SE also get revamp which make them very strong too, only slightly behind DS. And they come with unique debuff -15% ele.
      In the end, i must say both DS and SE are worth to invest.
      zArAthena - Flurry. LafielHime - Black Mara. LukaLukaNF - Black Mara. zArZeratul - Raven. FaerieMoon - Arti

Comment

Oh thanks for the input ZArAthena much appreciated. I totally get your point but is the unique -15 ele also included in the debuff of oracle elder or not? The skill that OE have -20 on all attributes? Just clarifying.

Revamp = kind of way of eyedentity to take in some cash for Job changing huehue

Comment

Originally posted by MK-ULTRA View Post
          Oh thanks for the input ZArAthena much appreciated. I totally get your point but is the unique -15 ele also included in the debuff of oracle elder or not? The skill that OE have -20 on all attributes? Just clarifying.

Revamp = kind of way of eyedentity to take in some cash for Job changing huehue
          Many class have -20% ele resist skill. But all of them do not stack with each other, they just overwrite. So max is -20% ele resist.
          However, SE curse debuff is unique, when stack 3 layers, it give -15% ele resist. And it stack with other skill give -20%, which result in totally -35% ele resist. Only SE have this one.

Comment

• atom100
            atom100 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just curious can SE use L grade chakram like calypse, my kali's never have L grade weapons, i know screamers and dancers can use unique grade Fan or Chakram.

• zArAthena
            zArAthena commented
            Editing a comment
            Can. SE can use L grade chakram just fine

Originally posted by zArAthena View Post

Many class have -20% ele resist skill. But all of them do not stack with each other, they just overwrite. So max is -20% ele resist.
          However, SE curse debuff is unique, when stack 3 layers, it give -15% ele resist. And it stack with other skill give -20%, which result in totally -35% ele resist. Only SE have this one.
          Oooohhh and i thought there was something special about oracle's debuff…i guess i will be reverting back to SE in a few weeks and let my team mates handle the heavier dps side of things. As usual im grateful for your response.

Comment

Follow up question, in terms of team composition on raids, having an OE on a party doesnt really make that much of a difference since her part can be done better like, lets say, another class such as an adept or artillery right? I mean she us just another dps that has the same debuff as other class.

Comment

• Skyros
              Skyros commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, theoretically, yes. However, OE's are gifted with the ability to be able to have a 100% uptime of their debuffing skills. OE has the -20% Defense debuff via Twister and the -20% Elemental debuff from Ray Diffuse, both lasting for 20 seconds. Both debuffs can be constantly maintained by OEs (Twister has a 9-sec CD and Ray Diffuse has a 14-sec CD), which may constantly boost the damage of your God-tier DPS raidmates.
              Also, the ability to maintain both the Defense and Elemental Defense debuff is a very rare debuff pairing for any classes (the only other class I know that has a constant def and elem. def debuff is AH). OE's can be a good dedicated debuffer with a class A-DPS damage contribution, however, this makes her very a Raid-composition dependent class, as other more strong DPS classes can synchronize their own debuff applications and can outshadow OE in all aspects.

• Chelly
              Chelly commented
              Editing a comment
              OE is still pretty decent now, not too bad but not very top tier either, its also easy to use , most importantly i think its quite cheap to gear, due to her passive enhancement which gives her 50% free critical damage.
              If we are talking about debuffs, that shldnt be a problem because there will be other classes doing it for you, so you can just focus on dpsing, such as physicians ( magma punch)

The fact that OE doesnt have an unique debuff as SE doesnt mean shes not worth to main, with that logic all kalis should be SEs, as long as you like the respective class gameplay, have nice DPS for the time being(mostly a strong reason to main a char) and youre able to gear up enough i would say it is worth maining. Actually the only CON about OE is that shes an spin off class so if devs ever decide to nerf her to death you'll have to deal with it until a boost comes for her or main another class.
            IGN: Adhelaida, KasumiDesu.

How To Defensio PVE Guide Cap 95

Comment

As a seasoned kali mainer, I can assure you that the choice should NEVER be about 'dps' or 'support' or blah blah blah. No one who has mained kali for years ever played her for those reasons. She has always been played by most of us for the fun and excitement. She is the one class that always keeps you on your toes in anticipation, and is loaded with iframes and SA. Many players didn't join raids because they were a kali mainer, but rather their friends would help optimize the party set up to include them. Some preferred dancers over screamers, and vice-versa. If you plan on being a kali main, you should main a kali class you enjoy playing. If someone kicks you for being 1 particular kali instead of another, they simply aren't confident in their own abilities, and are projecting them onto you.

When it comes to your concerns about getting calypso, I would suggest waiting until you have many kalis (I have 14 myself), and transferring your rudnl to get gold to get more rudnl to get calypso (like, keep the rudnl u have now and get new stuff). You could even just go for weapons, and switch armor back and forth.

In terms of your raid concerns, that would greatly depend on multiple factors. Many prefer SD/SE for the burst in raids since there's many mechs which hinder the overall performance of channeled dps like BD/DS. A few prefer the channeled dps in case something happens like lag or the boss runs away and the burst skills deal zero dmg.

I would suggest waiting until the rebalance comes, and making multiple kalis for ez gear transfer before you make a 'final' decision. Please be advised though, people don't usually main 1 kali sub-class, they main some of, if not all of the kali sub-classes.

Comment

also my sentiments .... I kinda like SD's skills animation compared to OE but a lot have been saying that OE can really deal a good DPS and good debuffs for raid pt... This is a good news for me since I really wanted to main a new char...

Been using sorc (elestra) as my main since cap 50

Comment

Originally posted by Aquamakeesha View Post
                  As a seasoned kali mainer, I can assure you that the choice should NEVER be about 'dps' or 'support' or blah blah blah. No one who has mained kali for years ever played her for those reasons. She has always been played by most of us for the fun and excitement. She is the one class that always keeps you on your toes in anticipation, and is loaded with iframes and SA. Many players didn't join raids because they were a kali mainer, but rather their friends would help optimize the party set up to include them. Some preferred dancers over screamers, and vice-versa. If you plan on being a kali main, you should main a kali class you enjoy playing. If someone kicks you for being 1 particular kali instead of another, they simply aren't confident in their own abilities, and are projecting them onto you.

When it comes to your concerns about getting calypso, I would suggest waiting until you have many kalis (I have 14 myself), and transferring your rudnl to get gold to get more rudnl to get calypso (like, keep the rudnl u have now and get new stuff). You could even just go for weapons, and switch armor back and forth.

In terms of your raid concerns, that would greatly depend on multiple factors. Many prefer SD/SE for the burst in raids since there's many mechs which hinder the overall performance of channeled dps like BD/DS. A few prefer the channeled dps in case something happens like lag or the boss runs away and the burst skills deal zero dmg.

I would suggest waiting until the rebalance comes, and making multiple kalis for ez gear transfer before you make a 'final' decision. Please be advised though, people don't usually main 1 kali sub-class, they main some of, if not all of the kali sub-classes.

Thank you so much for this. Kali was my first ever class, SE to be specific since 90cap. Until they nerfed and nerfed it. Switch to other class archer when idn came out then back to SE when rune dragon came out and i agree with you, my friends did rely on my debuffs on raid tho im not that heavily geared like them, coz staying alive is more important than a dead dps. Anyway, its just that if ever oracle has better debuff when it comes to raid and at the same time can do decent damage then i can go with OE. But it looks like SE really is special when it comes to debuff since OE's debuff kinda repetitive with other class.

anyway il take into consideration your suggestion of creating more kalis so i can farm gold and wraths for future update and decide. Thanks for you input really appreciate it.

Comment

• Aquamakeesha
                    Aquamakeesha commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ran VN norm with tink and +20 neris (full set) to 'test' action speed on oracle. Having both self speed buffs, rh, will shard and speed food lets you use hurricane a little more than 2x per second with incessent arts. Even with only +20 neris it was around 2.5 bars during suction mech at bird. Was able to get 2x enhanced vanishing spada (95 skill) in aswell. For comparison, my SD struggled to get 1.25 bars with same gear. Mind you, SD had no elemental debuff, and no RH/will. Not that great of a test though since OE has the crit dmg passive, so she reach 265ish%. Regardless, it's quite impressive for noob gear. I'll be lvling argenta for more 'testing'

Update: Finally got to use Argenta with OE, and wow wow wow I move so fast when I duo with tinks. I'd definitely recommend her for extra OE fun ^_^.
                    Last edited by Aquamakeesha; 12-31-2017, 01:47 AM. Reason: LVLED ARGENTA
                Working...
                X