Soul Eater Skill Build - Need opinions/suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soul Eater Skill Build - Need opinions/suggestions

Hi folks! I have been reading a bit and now, I need your opinions regarding the skill build?

Is what I posted good for PvE?

Also, where do I put the remaining skill points?
    - Are "Stigma of Curse" and "Grudge Formation" still worth maxing?
    - Is "Soul Wind" worth maxing?
    - I might get "Phantom Rage" and "Blitz Claw" if my SP would allow it.

Thanks in advance
    ---------
    DN SEA
    Harmonicah (Physician)
    Kaaalm (Soul Eater)
    ---------

Your build is weird, you did not take 2 of the awakening passives.
    you should also be taking chain claw to cancel animation of ghost gate. You can skip grudge formation and maxing stigma because they are useless when maxed.
    you can also max rampage claw if you find yourself out of skill to cast and RC gives good damage even youre a SE.
    lvl 1 needle is recommended for utility purposes as well as taking bliz claw for airtime. mental mastery is optional but if you have spare SP why not? Ghost kick is good for faster landing if you are in the air.

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
    When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

Your skill build is kinda incomplete @@ Grudge Formation has no purpose now, while Stigma of Curse heavily depends on you; will you miss so many that you need 3 hits to brand one? I go with Lv 6 for backup extra hit.

Soul Wind is required to use the CMIII version of Soul Scream, which deals better dmg (board dmg * 1.5 per hit).

Most people will just use the Dragon Ulti now instead of Phantom Rage.

Meanwhile, extra airtime and i-frame is useful.

For the below link, it took high lvl Rampage Claw in the expense of Soul Wind. In many situations, I feel that SE has enough skills to cast without Rampage Claw and would opt to remove all SP from Rampage Claw to make Soul Wind Lv 26.

Btw I do not play SE very often so please take my advice with a pinch of salt.
      Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
      Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
      Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

Hi there,

Here's the skill build I'm using for PVE(only). Hope you find it useful:

- Soul Wind at level 21 - low cd, has long range, pierce effect and neat dmg, you can opt to max this if you have extra points.

- I didn't take Needles for PVE. It is useful in PVP though: level 1 should do for utility purposes.

- I didn't take Phantom Guard as well. I don't find the need to use it in PVE except when using Soul Liberation - however, I'm not a fan of using Soul Liberation either so I didn't take it. lol - personal preference. Get it if it suits your playstyle.

- Take Ghost Kick - very useful repositioning skill after using Blitz Claw+Phantom's Rage or even after jumping normally.

- MP Passives - this is really up to you. Take/add as you see fit.

- Chain Claw at level 16 - high dmg, low cd skill (7sec) - normally used right after casting Soul Gate to cancel animation and is also a good filler skill for quick dmg.

- Revenge Hand at level 11 - neat dmg and lower cd (15 sec) than Rampage Claw plus it acts as a mob "puller": pulls mobs to center of skill animation. You can also follow up with Chain Claw after casting this to cancel it's animation (just be careful not to cast Chain Claw too quickly or you will cancel Revenge Hand entirely).

- No Rampage Claw because there's already Chain Claw/Revenge Hand - plus you probably won't have time to use it because you have other skills to juggle within your rotation. (Note: You can either choose to max this and drop Chain Claw and Revenge Hand to level 1 if it suits your playstyle better)

- No Phantom Avenger - You will be using Dragon's Soul most of the time due to it's huge burst dmg and instant cast after using Soul Scream. Both ulti share the same cd except Dragon Soul's cd is reduced everytime Specter of Pain hits an enemy(effect of revamp) - Get this at lvl 1 if you like the utility from the action speed buff.

- Phantom's Rage and Blitz Claw at level 1 for utility - very useful on stomp mechanics due to i-frame and airtime. You can also use the directional keys(WASD) during Phantom's Rage to reposition where you land.

- Summon Puppet - this depends on you. I find it useful during solo runs because of the 20% dmg buff it gives. Raid wise, you will seldom/not be using it - slow cast animation(Other classes can provide this buff during raid faster, e.g Archer's Bull's Eye)

- Stigma of Curse either lvl 1 or 6 depending on your playstyle - 1 is usually enough but you can put it at 6 for the extra LMB click to cast another one. (If you have bad aim lol)

- Ghost Scream at level 1 for utility - I use this as an escape/reposition skill along with Puppet Soul (cast it during Turning Step) - This is just personal preference, you can opt not to take it.

- Grudge Formation at level 1 for utility - I guess it's because I'm just so used to casting this along with Soul Gate and Totem, the speed debuff is kind of nice too, plus the continuous dmg it deals while active is a welcome addition. This is also just personal preference, you can opt not to take it.

- Spirit Paper, Cling Snake, Soul Gate, Beast Spirit, Specter of Pain and Soul Scream plus the Awakening passive and Actives - all should be Max/taken along with the EX versions. - These are your core skills as a Soul Eater afterall.

Thanks and have fun!

Comment

Thank you guys, all of you, for the recommendation! Those are big help! I appreciate it

i am reviewing all of your suggestions a bit and then ill probably post my final skill build soon, taking into consideration all your input.

about summon puppet: i guess it's too late because i already raised it to 11 (three attempts). For a second there, I thought I can "brand" 3 different minsters at once lol

Does the area of Revenge Hand skill increase as I level the skill?
          ---------
          DN SEA
          Harmonicah (Physician)
          Kaaalm (Soul Eater)
          ---------

Comment

• Xenocho
            Xenocho commented
            Editing a comment
            You can brand 3 different monsters but there's no real benefit to it. It is still better to brand one and focus all skills on a single target, usually the boss.

Revenge hand aoe does not increase at lvl 6. It's learnt because it's a pretty good filler and fast cast with decent aoe.

• elvesguild
            elvesguild commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Xenocho!!

Because of the recent patch, my Kali was able to get a free skill reset. I am following some of your suggestions (mainly decreasing Stigma of Curse from 3 hits to probably 1 or 2 hits).

Minor question: How are the pubs' outlook to SEs? Are SEs invited often in Nests, or are they discriminated in favour of other classes which can deal more DPS/give more support?
          ---------
          DN SEA
          Harmonicah (Physician)
          Kaaalm (Soul Eater)
          ---------

Comment

Originally posted by elvesguild View Post
            Because of the recent patch, my Kali was able to get a free skill reset. I am following some of your suggestions (mainly decreasing Stigma of Curse from 3 hits to probably 1 or 2 hits).

Minor question: How are the pubs' outlook to SEs? Are SEs invited often in Nests, or are they discriminated in favour of other classes which can deal more DPS/give more support?
            SE are a popular class among the higher hierarchy side of players since they provide a stackable 15% debuff on top of elemental debuffs as well as other forms of debuff.
            you might not really experience it in pub games but for raid/ 8 man nest SE’s are pretty welcomed for their unique standalone debuff on top of their decent DPS.
            imo, Se is pretty strong and they are currently one of the above average DPS class.

i myself is planning to gear one with calypse soon anyway.

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
            When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

Thank you Chelly! Much appreciated <3
              ---------
              DN SEA
              Harmonicah (Physician)
              Kaaalm (Soul Eater)
              ---------

Comment

Working...
              X