New player, future Gearmaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New player, future Gearmaster

I played DN SEA from 50 to early 80 cap. Same class, Gearmaster. I would like to know if my class is going to be discriminated in most latest content of this game, regardless of my knowledge in stage mechanics and my items. Thank you.

And please, can someone link a skill build guide here. I'm not a person who afford's to spend much for only skill reset. For PVE ofc. Thank you so much

Welcome back.

Gear Master is currently one of the weakest classes with low output. However, due to it being an AGI class, you can easily get crit to deal more damage. Later on with end-game gears, it's lacklustre versus many other classes.

GM gets boosted in the future too. It improves some skills significantly but its still not good enough to stand among current high DPS classes. Search this section of the forum for the details.

Please find below the skill build requested. Feel free to ask questions. More specific questions get more specific answers.
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

So GM don't have alfredo and transition now. What's the reason why you use demolition vs sky line? Can you also post a build for SS, i might consider SS too, reloading seems fun than mechanic mode

And what level and how can i get free skill reset in this game? I totally forget almost everything here lol. Thank you

Comment

• Xenocho
        Xenocho commented
        Editing a comment
        Demolition damage is superior to Skyline and can he used under the right conditions. Alfredo skills are unnecessary especially since the effects were nerfed. The Alfredo Stomp has provoke but unnecessary.

I'll post the ss build later when I'm back.

You can get skill reset and job change from Irine when you change into engineer or open the level up box of lvl 95.

Waiting for SS skill build

Comment

• Xenocho
        Xenocho commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry my earlier posts aren't getting approved.

Originally posted by Daveydoodz View Post
      instead of waiting you can refer to xenocho's guide in old cherry credit forum, check the academic section . it's there and still relevant today.

Comment

Apologies for the delay.

Originally posted by Xenocho View Post
        Hi, I need to make a correction on the SS builds that I have been contributing:

Somewhere along the way, Reload EX appears to be changed to -3s instead of the fixed 12s CD. Due to this change, having Reload Lv 1 will cause it to have the CD of 20-3s, instead of the 12, and this will result in less DPS due to limited bullets. To have it at the usual 12s CD, Reload must be at its max level, Lv 11.

Hence, I propose the following skill build:

In this skill build, as you can see, SP is very tight, especially on the SS tree.

For the Academic tree, you may adjust as you like, as long as you qualify and ONLY use 45 SP in this section.
        - Skills which are boxed in orange are not compulsory to be maxed and skills boxed in red are totally unnecessary for PVE.
        - Options include learning Lv 1 Bubble Bubble or Force Out and reducing Mental Mastery (Max MP increase) by 2 levels
        - Academic skill tree does not affect DPS output (except for Quick Shot 6 and Alfredo 3 which are compulsory).

For the Engineer tree, most of the skills are compulsory to be maxed, such as the Alfredo Awakening skills, Cannon Blaster, Biochemical Missile and Chemical Grenade. Skills which can be reduced in skill level are boxed in green.
        - However, I still want to take MM due to its i-frame and attack power buff for Alfredo and Demolition (hence, you should always summon Alfredo and cast Demolition under the MM buff).
        - Due to SP limitations, you can only have MM at Lv 12. One could remove 1 SP from Reload or Mine Thrower to make MM Lv 13; however, this may not be worth the 2% attack power boost, especially due to diminishing returns from other skill atttack power sources.

For the Shooting Star tree, as usual, I avoided Air Shot Awakening. This is due to poor damage output and the focus of SS on Splash, Mine Thrower and Alfredo Skills. You should be too busy to even cast Air Shot.

In terms of future updates, this skill build works even after the boost from KDN's 15/11 patch. Please refer to this link (click me) for details and discussions.

Feel free to discuss about this skill build. Thank you and have a good day.
        Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

Originally posted by atom100 View Post

instead of waiting you can refer to xenocho's guide in old cherry credit forum, check the academic section . it's there and still relevant today.
          Thanks man, i will.

Comment

Thanks man, i will.
            Don't follow the skill builds there. I can no longer edit it

Comment

• atom100
              atom100 commented
              Editing a comment
              how about you're skill build just above this thread , in general discussion Q and A , the one with max reload.
              oh you posted it below.
              Last edited by atom100; 01-04-2018, 09:01 PM.

• Xenocho
              Xenocho commented
              Editing a comment
              coz he didn't go there at all, if not he would have saw this, so i just posted it here :|

I would have started off the reply with "you should check other thread in forum before posting" but it's a new year so I'll tone down LOL

Originally posted by Xenocho View Post
            Hi, I need to make a correction on the SS builds that I have been contributing:

Somewhere along the way, Reload EX appears to be changed to -3s instead of the fixed 12s CD. Due to this change, having Reload Lv 1 will cause it to have the CD of 20-3s, instead of the 12, and this will result in less DPS due to limited bullets. To have it at the usual 12s CD, Reload must be at its max level, Lv 11.

Hence, I propose the following skill build:

In this skill build, as you can see, SP is very tight, especially on the SS tree.

For the Academic tree, you may adjust as you like, as long as you qualify and ONLY use 45 SP in this section.
            - Skills which are boxed in orange are not compulsory to be maxed and skills boxed in red are totally unnecessary for PVE.
            - Options include learning Lv 1 Bubble Bubble or Force Out and reducing Mental Mastery (Max MP increase) by 2 levels
            - Academic skill tree does not affect DPS output (except for Quick Shot 6 and Alfredo 3 which are compulsory).

For the Engineer tree, most of the skills are compulsory to be maxed, such as the Alfredo Awakening skills, Cannon Blaster, Biochemical Missile and Chemical Grenade. Skills which can be reduced in skill level are boxed in green.
            - However, I still want to take MM due to its i-frame and attack power buff for Alfredo and Demolition (hence, you should always summon Alfredo and cast Demolition under the MM buff).
            - Due to SP limitations, you can only have MM at Lv 12. One could remove 1 SP from Reload or Mine Thrower to make MM Lv 13; however, this may not be worth the 2% attack power boost, especially due to diminishing returns from other skill atttack power sources.

For the Shooting Star tree, as usual, I avoided Air Shot Awakening. This is due to poor damage output and the focus of SS on Splash, Mine Thrower and Alfredo Skills. You should be too busy to even cast Air Shot.

In terms of future updates, this skill build works even after the boost from KDN's 15/11 patch. Please refer to this link (click me) for details and discussions.

Feel free to discuss about this skill build. Thank you and have a good day.
            Last edited by Xenocho; 01-04-2018, 08:52 PM. Reason: Bypassing the system.

Comment

Thank you so much for your patience to a newbie. Good explanation. My current academic tree is kinda messed up, just to unlock engineer's tree at low level. Since you mentioned that academic tree doesn't affect DPS output, i think i'm good without going for reset (irene's free reset).

I'll just adjust SP's on my academic tree as long as i maxed out the important passives and only use 45 SP.

Cheers!

Comment

• Xenocho
                Xenocho commented
                Editing a comment
                Depending on class, the skill for CMIII must be lvl 6 at least.

Question about the awakened cannon blaster.

Demolition's CD is reduced by 10sec per use of canon blaster? or -10 sec CD upon getting the awakened skill?

Comment

• Xenocho
                Xenocho commented
                Editing a comment
                Per use of CB

May I know which skill plates are the best for both GM and SS as I made both, which I can share items :3

Comment

• Daveydoodz
                Daveydoodz commented
                Editing a comment
                does medea set can be transferred via server storage?

• Xenocho
                Xenocho commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes it works in MM too. Medea can't be server storages :/

• Daveydoodz
                Daveydoodz commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh that's a bad news. Then I'm going to have months before I geared both lol

Monsters hit by Chemical Grenade gets the attention of Alfredo on SS. Does it also applies on GM's ducks/towers?

Is there a trick on how to fast cast Tower Recall and Mecha Cannon?

I'm planning to get Sky Line instead of Demolition, I never had the time to use Demolition. Or I just never entered yet a nest where ducks/towers are not allowed due to mechanics.

Comment

• Xenocho
                Xenocho commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, an issue will be mobs. Have to use splash when MT and BCM are on CD :\ Splash ranged should be fine since each bullet deals like around 800% dmg and can sorta be spammed. Alfredo actually ok for clearing mobs for summon buster, but just less efficient overall ><

• Daveydoodz
                Daveydoodz commented
                Editing a comment
                I wasn't expecting that u would agree on the mobs part on SS. But it seems it will be no problem since the important content of the game is Boss killing, which in my case, SS is better.

I also did not know until now that reload does good dmg too. lol

• Xenocho
                Xenocho commented
                Editing a comment
                It would be silly to disagree. Right now SS is one of the best mob clearer due to the 0s cd huge Aoe BCM.

Reload does decent damage but not as good as many other skills. Due to this comparison, you need not position yourself just to make sure reload hits the boss.
            Working...
            X