Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small Notes on GM's MM and CM III (10th Sept 2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Notes on GM's MM and CM III (10th Sept 2017)

Hi all, I was doing some testing for GM's CM III and did some MM test prior to that. I hope you will find this info useful.

Afterthoughts:
    1. What surprised me was that the MM variants of the tower skills had different board damage. I could not find any mathematical correlation between the numbers, so I'm unsure where these numbers came from.
    2. It is a hassle to turn MM off and use the CM3. However, it appears to be quite worth it, given that GM has not many burst skills.
    3 The damage of skills look better than before (compared to my previous analysis post-Awakening). However, I'm not sure if this is enough to make GM more useful.
    4. While the new CM III gives GM a stronger damage output, can the player keep up with the level of multi tasking?

Feel free to ask me any question about Engineers btw. Now that I've finally got them to 95, I should be able to answer any question about it

Thank you and have a great day.
    Last edited by Xenocho; 09-10-2017, 08:52 AM.
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Hey there.
    First, just want to say nice work with the testing.

A question though: Does the rotation get even more clunky than before?

Cause the way I was envisioning it would be something akin to: Chemical Grenade ---> Summon Towers (except CST) ---> Airshot (conditional) ---> Proceed CMIII ---> Summon CST ---> activate MM

Comment

Originally posted by Hanakarasu View Post
      Hey there.
      First, just want to say nice work with the testing.

A question though: Does the rotation get even more clunky than before?

Cause the way I was envisioning it would be something akin to: Chemical Grenade ---> Summon Towers (except CST) ---> Airshot (conditional) ---> Proceed CMIII ---> Summon CST ---> activate MM
      Hmmm, to be honest, there's too many things to choose from. The CM III becomes comparable to Mecha Cannon and BMB too, but overall its execution is still troublesome and slightly slow.

I would still prioritise BMB EX and EXi over this skill since those are cast faster and should be paired for CD awareness.

So, to give an idea on how I would initiate:
      Chemical Grenade > all towers with CST last > MM > MM CST > BMB EXi/EX (depending which is safe to be casted first) > Air Shot?

If I had 3 ducks on the field, I would go for Mecha Cannon before Air Shot.

Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

Originally posted by Xenocho View Post
        Hi all, I was doing some testing for GM's CM III and did some MM test prior to that. I hope you will find this info useful.

Afterthoughts:
        1. What surprised me was that the MM variants of the tower skills had different board damage. I could not find any mathematical correlation between the numbers, so I'm unsure where these numbers came from.
        2. It is a hassle to turn MM off and use the CM3. However, it appears to be quite worth it, given that GM has not many burst skills.
        3 The damage of skills look better than before (compared to my previous analysis post-Awakening). However, I'm not sure if this is enough to make GM more useful.
        4. While the new CM III gives GM a stronger damage output, can the player keep up with the level of multi tasking?

Feel free to ask me any question about Engineers btw. Now that I've finally got them to 95, I should be able to answer any question about it

Thank you and have a great day.
        ahhhhh.... now i know
        “Great Music, it said, and Great Poetry would like quieten Modern Youth down and make Modern Youth more Civilized. Civilized my syphilised yarbles.”

Comment

Hmmm, to be honest, there's too many things to choose from. The CM III becomes comparable to Mecha Cannon and BMB too, but overall its execution is still troublesome and slightly slow.

I would still prioritise BMB EX and EXi over this skill since those are cast faster and should be paired for CD awareness.

So, to give an idea on how I would initiate:
          Chemical Grenade > all towers with CST last > MM > MM CST > BMB EXi/EX (depending which is safe to be casted first) > Air Shot?

If I had 3 ducks on the field, I would go for Mecha Cannon before Air Shot.
          I see

In that case, This would probably be my rotation once we get 95 cap:

Chemical Grenade ---> Summon Towers (CST last) ---> MM ---> MM CST ---> BMB EXi ---> MM CST ---> Mecha Cannon (only if 3+ ducks are out) ---> Exit MM ---> Airshot

Another question: is there any changes to CM III's damage due to distance (for example, being closer = more dmg)? I'm assuming no since it's still technically mm cannon, but just want to make sure.

Comment

it seems you can't cast air shot while in MM mode , the system still see's it as a SS skill , is that intentional?

Comment

• Hanakarasu
              Hanakarasu commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, airshot is still a "shooting" skill, so it can't be used while in mm.

• atom100
              atom100 commented
              Editing a comment
              it's a hassle to come in and out MM mode would it better to spam MM Gatling while MM CS is cd or cast the normal BMB.

• Xenocho
              Xenocho commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually, this is a blessing. As GM do not have many strong/burst skills, they often need to rely on stuff like BMB or Mecha Cannon on DPS mechs, such as Rune S1 Bar Mechs. More often than not, I had to waste BMB there due to limited burst skills. Therefore, I think this is really is a boost for GMs.

how i wish the love for GMs won't grow cold XD
            i've seen many GM friends swtiched to SS.

anyway, won't it mess up with the rotation since you have to turn off MM? or just make it at the end of the rotation?
            another question..
            may i see your skill builds? coz i did take transitional dmg from alfie. and my friend's got reload skill.

tyty

Comment

Originally posted by Fourth View Post
              how i wish the love for GMs won't grow cold XD
              i've seen many GM friends swtiched to SS.

anyway, won't it mess up with the rotation since you have to turn off MM? or just make it at the end of the rotation?
              another question..
              may i see your skill builds? coz i did take transitional dmg from alfie. and my friend's got reload skill.

tyty
              As you have to turn off MM to do it, I would not consider this one of the main skills to be used immediately, but rather that you have an extra skill in your arsenal. Skills which I would prioritise over this skill are MM Chain Saw, BMB EX and EXi, and Mecha Cannon. Mecha Ducks and towers should be summoned during mechs to prevent time wasting during DPS windows.

Hmmm, let me see if I can produce a skill build with TD included for 95. The SP on the Academic tree is up to you. You could somehow squeeze Air Shot to 16 by reducing Max MP and MP reco skill levels and even Alfredo skill levels, since Lv 1 is required for TD only. TBH as a GM, I do not even summon Alfredo and I took it previously to hit the 45 SP cap.

With TD:

Comment: This would be considered a safe build to have, but going for TD restricts SP, even not being able to learn Gravity Grenade. I do not suggest this build as while the 20% damage can save you, you are better off dodging than tanking hits. Many strong hits cancel SA or have DOT following it, making tanking not a good choice.

With Demolition (My recommendation and personal)

Comment: This puts the GM on full offense mode, allowing access to the Demolition, which deals more than 40k % skill damage. However, this puts multitasking up another notch but it is absolutely rewarding if you can handle it.

Again, feel free to ask anything if you wish ^^

Comment

• atom100
                atom100 commented
                Editing a comment
                Eh is that right in your demolition build you don't have lv1 gravity grenade? so no more BMB EXi?

• Xenocho
                Xenocho commented
                Editing a comment
                Strange, it's funny that the strict allows this. I will edit it. Thanks Atom.

As you have to turn off MM to do it, I would not consider this one of the main skills to be used immediately, but rather that you have an extra skill in your arsenal. Skills which I would prioritise over this skill are MM Chain Saw, BMB EX and EXi, and Mecha Cannon. Mecha Ducks and towers should be summoned during mechs to prevent time wasting during DPS windows.

Hmmm, let me see if I can produce a skill build with TD included for 95. The SP on the Academic tree is up to you. You could somehow squeeze Air Shot to 16 by reducing Max MP and MP reco skill levels and even Alfredo skill levels, since Lv 1 is required for TD only. TBH as a GM, I do not even summon Alfredo and I took it previously to hit the 45 SP cap.

With TD:

Comment: This would be considered a safe build to have, but going for TD restricts SP, even not being able to learn Gravity Grenade. I do not suggest this build as while the 20% damage can save you, you are better off dodging than tanking hits. Many strong hits cancel SA or have DOT following it, making tanking not a good choice.

With Demolition (My recommendation and personal)

Comment: This puts the GM on full offense mode, allowing access to the Demolition, which deals more than 40k % skill damage. However, this puts multitasking up another notch but it is absolutely rewarding if you can handle it.

Again, feel free to ask anything if you wish ^^

isee.still got questions here.
              now why do some GM have reload?
              then is gravity grenade awakening not worth it?

Comment

Reload is necessary to use Demolition. You need to cast Reload twice (5 bullet each) within 60s to get enough bubble to cast Demolition (requires 6 bullets).

Errr, in a raid and nests, usually you are faced with just 1 boss, so having Gravity Grenade awakening to select your targets is not very beneficial for the SP consumed. This is why I mentioned above that the CM III is quite a good thing, putting more firepower on the GM to be able to deal damage without relying on towers so much.

Comment

I got 2 GM , 1 with demolition build and an awakened gravity grenade build , there's not much difference while doing dq or NM which have multiple targets.

Comment

Im actually very confused why GM players don't take up Demolition & Reload, this skill does so much damage that compensates back for her low board % damage. I would definitely recommend all GM players to take demolition, paired up with MM mode,It's literally 61,000% board damage skill.
                    After dropping towers ducks and BMB, just go straight into demolition mode to burst first, i think it's much better than casting CST MM mode or other MM mode tower skills.

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
                    When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelly View Post
                      Im actually very confused why GM players don't take up Demolition & Reload, this skill does so much damage that compensates back for her low board % damage. I would definitely recommend all GM players to take demolition, It's literally 61,000% board damage skill.
                      Personally I think it's the micro-management involved with demolition and reload that deters some GMs from the ultimate, also the fact that it cuts into awakening gravity grenade.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelly View Post
                        Im actually very confused why GM players don't take up Demolition & Reload, this skill does so much damage that compensates back for her low board % damage. I would definitely recommend all GM players to take demolition, paired up with MM mode,It's literally 61,000% board damage skill.
                        After dropping towers ducks and BMB, just go straight into demolition mode to burst first, i think it's much better than casting CST MM mode or other MM mode tower skills.

Demolition itself requires some skill to learn how to use as a GM as it has the long cast time and long preparation time for it. Personally, keeping track of casting reload twice is not easy when you are constantly doing every other thing a GM need to do to sustain DPS. Then, if you wasted the Demo by not casting it in an appropriate timing, all that concentration would have been wasted. Compared to SS which can CD Demolition in less than 30s, GM has the 125s CD, which many people probably feel lazy to keep up with this amount of focus; it's more of a min-maxing the character thing.

Comment

• atom100
                          atom100 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          not to mention you have to have to use demolition within 60s after 2 reloads which takes 48s, most of the time i forgot to renew reload before it expires.

• Xenocho
                          Xenocho commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I agree. Just to nitpick, Reload CD is 20s, so its 40s total. A decent "boost" for GM would be changing Reload to give 6 bullets

ohh. now i know..
                        there are really lots of changes affect how GMs play nowadays. that's why some ppl abandon this calling...
                        anyhow..
                        would this build be viable?
                        i dunno why i maxed air shot but there's no other thing that can be... since i neglected transitional damage from alfie.
                        dropped skyline to 1?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-09-10.png
Views:	14
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	86285

Comment

• Xenocho
                          Xenocho commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'll be spending time leveling RM later most likely. As for the guide, I'm thinking of how to transfer it over. It also needs some updating. On the 'to-do' list it goes then

• Fourth
                          Fourth commented
                          Editing a comment
                          rooting for youu )
                          i need to master gearmaster... in this new world where the love of GM had grown cold ..

• Xenocho
                          Xenocho commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If you are free to read, you can check out my guide here: http://forum.cherrycredits.com/topic...pdated-290117/

It's a bit old as shown by the last update, but most of the info is still relevant (apart from the MM skill damage change highlighted in this thread).

As usual, feel free to ask me anything ^^
                      Working...
                      X