between Ray Mech and Adept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• between Ray Mech and Adept

Im fond with loli class, i havnt tried ray mech that long so i wonder wats everyone comment on these 2.
    i love to play but i hav less time to test out everything to details and hoping wont make me regret investing. lets just say i dont hav the budget to invest both at same time.

maybe in term of mobility? dmg output? etc? idk. bcuz im comfortable with both playstyle, i just like to hear out ppl's opinion so i can make up to my mind which to main.

thanks guys!
    Queenth Arte Shoppe

I main a RM, and i will be bias toward rm than adept.
    firstly, rm is a agi based class therefore crit is not much of a problem for you, on top of that agi items are the cheapest in the market now, so you get a great dps character with a low cost compared with int classes.
    Rm i believe has far superior dps than adept now (you can click on my guide) , unless someone wants to prove me wrong then we shall debate on that.
    Most importantly, you get to ride on alfredo, which is a new experience in DN, and i believe this class Has the most “unique” concept compared to all other classes ED made.
    Rm also has auto heal function, where you regen hp over time( btw its better than saint/ phy heal), which means higher survivability.

the only downfall for rm is that its a spin off class, and IF one day ED decides to be an asshole and nerf it to oblivion, thats the end of you since spin offs cannot job change.

On the other hand, adept is also a great DPS class, but due to a bug on elemental flair, iframe is removed during casting so its prone to incoming attacks and user might have to force cancel in order not to eat any fatal damage.

i have played both classes and i feel that adept is much easier to play.
    Last edited by Chelly; 09-25-2017, 04:51 AM.

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
    When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Queenth View Post
      Im fond with loli class, i havnt tried ray mech that long so i wonder wats everyone comment on these 2.
      i love to play but i hav less time to test out everything to details and hoping wont make me regret investing. lets just say i dont hav the budget to invest both at same time.

maybe in term of mobility? dmg output? etc? idk. bcuz im comfortable with both playstyle, i just like to hear out ppl's opinion so i can make up to my mind which to main.

thanks guys!
      I play both too, and since you only asked those 2 questions, I will provide answers for them:

Mobility: In terms of moving quickly or cancelling stuff, Adept has Magma Roll (or something) to cancel any skill and has short CD. On the other hand, RM can do so with 2.7s (or less) ONLY in Alfredo mode. In the non Alfredo mode, your RM's mobility is like Academic-style only.

Damage output: RM has higher damage than Adept at the moment. With less gears, RM has easier time to hit crit cap too, which is essential for high DPS output. Currently Adept's Elemental Flair is bugged and no-iframe. You will have difficulty casting this but it will be fixed eventually.

In my opinion, I quite dislike how limited mobility RM has without Alfredo mode, and that Alfredo more is not always available too, especially when you cannot transform due to mech limitations and such.
      Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
      Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
      Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• Hanakarasu
        Hanakarasu commented
        Editing a comment
        Couldn't agree more with the mobility part. Still used to using rocket crash with an engineer.

• Wiiwoo
        Wiiwoo commented
        Editing a comment
        Out of the topic, but when will SEA get the patch where the Flair bug will be fixed?

• Xenocho
        Xenocho commented
        Editing a comment
        It was fixed with the most recent KDN patch (at time of posting this), so.... that depends on PM Tasha I guess?

Hnnnnnnng Thank you Chelly and Xenocho, this obviously made me pick RM over adept, cause yes, AGI stuffs cheaper and give better dmg output ? just perfect.

and ikr, about mobility, im still with my rocket jump/magma roll habit so no excuse but to practice more. still having difficulty piloting Alfredo but transforming deals better dmg ||OTL

currently enjoying my 3 days trying out RM. but izzit me? i experiencing 1-2sec freeze when transforming. somehow it affects my party members, well idk, when i was grinding wit pub they curse me for transforming, so i assume they experiencing the same. i have my settings to low but no diff.
      Queenth Arte Shoppe

Comment

i experiencing 1-2sec freeze when transforming. somehow it affects my party members, well idk, when i was grinding wit pub they curse me for transforming, so i assume they experiencing the same. i have my settings to low but no diff.
        Yeah, Ray mech's transformation induces a short time lag, it's the same for most of us on NA too. One of my reasons why I don't transform unless I know for sure a boss isn't spamming attacks or about to do a mech.

Comment

Originally posted by Hanakarasu View Post

Yeah, Ray mech's transformation induces a short time lag, it's the same for most of us on NA too. One of my reasons why I don't transform unless I know for sure a boss isn't spamming attacks or about to do a mech.
          UMMMM so theres actually some ppl who dont lag? o_o
          anyway aye, need to be extra careful when transforming, thanks btw!
          Queenth Arte Shoppe

Comment

UMMMM so theres actually some ppl who dont lag? o_o
            anyway aye, need to be extra careful when transforming, thanks btw!
            You dont need to be extra careful, only your party members, you are fully iframed during transformation, ( until after alfredo claps his hand twice).

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
            When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelly View Post

You dont need to be extra careful, only your party members, you are fully iframed during transformation, ( until after alfredo claps his hand twice).
              Actually they meant careful to transform since this lag happens to everyone else whom has the RM on screen too.
              Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

Originally posted by Xenocho View Post

Actually they meant careful to transform since this lag happens to everyone else whom has the RM on screen too.
                Ahh, i see i see, i believe is a graphical lag ( Kind off ), it still sorta freezes now and then for 1 sec, not sure if with a better graphic card the freeze will disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelly View Post

Ahh, i see i see, i believe is a graphical lag ( Kind off ), it still sorta freezes now and then for 1 sec, not sure if with a better graphic card the freeze will disappear.
                  I'm using 970, but still happens. I doubt most players will be using that or higher. DN frames are just weird, just like how I lag in NM esp during the collect 55 stars thing =.=.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenocho View Post

I'm using 970, but still happens. I doubt most players will be using that or higher. DN frames are just weird, just like how I lag in NM esp during the collect 55 stars thing =.=.
                    Yeah i agree, it might be the cause of the very bad calibration from the game itself, ( I,e ice beam, elestra ice stack , FPS lag in first runs in RDN ).
                    gotta live with it..

Comment

Small question, what's RM current bug that leads to freaking huge dmg and 10m Rune HC Svc run <(")???

Comment

Originally posted by GeeGee View Post
                        Small question, what's RM current bug that leads to freaking huge dmg and 10m Rune HC Svc run <(")???
                        Damage transfer bug. Usually can be triggered when skills use damage-over-time projectiles. It's illegal btw.

Comment

I hope they fix it as soon as possible. Im sick and tired of repeating to ppol that i dont do bug and will never use the bug. It irritates me when they ask 'hey do you know the bug, can u do it?'

Comment

Originally posted by Wiiwoo View Post
                            I hope they fix it as soon as possible. Im sick and tired of repeating to ppol that i dont do bug and will never use the bug. It irritates me when they ask 'hey do you know the bug, can u do it?'
                            It will be fixed soon, on the next patch.

Comment

Working...
                            X