Just another quick question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another quick question!

Who do you prefer when it comes to dps Moonlord or Dark Avenger? can you elaborate why you've picked that.

ML>DA in terms of DPS and thats a fact, however i would say that the difference between these 2 is pretty short so pick whatever you liked the most

Just in case, DA has amplification and elemental debuff while ML has amplificacion and crit debuff sooooooo i would prefer DA in general situations due to that fact maybe you were expecting to know about things like that but still pretty specific situations where you dont have any ele debuffer on a 4 man pt and ridiculous unlucky if happend at raids
    Last edited by Adhelaida; 11-05-2017, 07:55 AM. Reason: Added ml/da's debuffs stuff
    IGN: Adhelaida, KasumiDesu.

How To Defensio PVE Guide Cap 95

Comment

• Adhelaida
      Adhelaida commented
      Editing a comment
      What do you exactly mean by animation skills? In terms of fast cast ML wins despite DA has his longest cast animation skill reduced to the half with CM3 and about how they look or how pleasant that they are for eyes thats subjective

• jkidd000
      jkidd000 commented
      Editing a comment
      yep thats what I meant I dont know the term but yes the casting time like who charges a lot before casting a skill something like that

• 12ChopChop
      12ChopChop commented
      Editing a comment
      When it comes to raids... casting speed wont be a problem for da if you have a flurry on the team.
      I have a DA and a ML. My DA always wins my ML in dps. Both of them using optimal rotation and have 89% crit.
      However, on low end gears, ML might be better than da, as da is crit reliant. Your dps will drop, a lot, if you can't crit on your dark crash as a DA

Not a user of both classes but i'll try to point out the pros and cons of each class:

Dark Avenger:
    PROS
    - primarily a burst-type class (Dark Crash)
    - extremely versatile/flexible (almost all main skills are cancellable via Tumble)
    - long Tumble range (a single tumble can clear an entire boss AOE mech)
    - can Tumble (or short Dash as I see it) in air
    - Fire Elemental (a bit cheaper Elemental class)
    - Relieve (self-explanatory)
    - has a sustainable -Def and -Elemental debuff (-Elemental debuff is trickier to maintain than the former)
    - can Transform to look edgy af and reduce skill CDs by half
    - can maintain Transformation Bubble much easier than other Spin-off classes

CONS
    - extremely Crit (and RNG) reliant. Dark Crash not getting a crit can make your overall damage fall behind against other top DPS classes.
    - long range Tumble (being a newbie in this class can kill you specially in some 'limited-area' nest stages)
    - requires you to be up-close and personal (meaning you need to have good dodging skills)
    - Dark Crash has a reaally long animation (and isn't i-framed; cast time can be halved via CM3 proc)
    - no Awakening (kek)
    - can Transform (meaning Fashion Nest is useless in PvE scenarios)

Moonlord:
    - INT-based class (you can stack both Mattk and MDef at the same time)
    - a stable DPS class with a reliably spammable burst skill
    - versatile/flexible + a Block-like skill (Parry)
    - mid-range class (though some skills require you to be close for the DPS to be fully benefitted)
    - an almost instant-cast emergency i-frame (Awakened Eclipse)
    - has Relieve (Relieve+Awk. Eclipse= emergency Wake Attack)
    - 2 Aerial Evasions
    - most skills have a multiple hits (in contrast to DA, whose skills have few hits)
    - extremely easy to sustain -Def and -Crit Resist debuffs

CONS
    - INT is the most costly stat to build (a bit higher than STR)
    - is not an Elemental Class
    - requires Mastery in some of the skill usage (specially taking advantage of MBD EX)
    - requires good Bubble Management
    - X- Smash requires melee range

For aesthetics, it completely dependent to the user. DA is edgy, ML is flashy that's all I can say to the aesthetic part of both classes.

Comment

• jkidd000
      jkidd000 commented
      Editing a comment
      sorry for the late response just got online today, thank you for this elaboration

• 12ChopChop
      12ChopChop commented
      Editing a comment
      I will have to add something to ML's con section... ML sucks, big time, at killing small size bosses/targets. MBD has very low hits and your smash X CD cant return back fast enough. I will not declare ML as a "stable" dps tbh

• Skyros
      Skyros commented
      Editing a comment
      Unless your target is lowly mob, an extremely narrow target, agile target (like the BWP final boss), ML's have the disadvantage over DA. Keep in mind though, that I did put 'taking advantage of MBD EX' in the cons. Nests have rarely small hitboxes (more so in Raids), and you have CM3 for that (basically makes MBD a sure hit skill). ML missing a few hits of MBD cannot simply be more disadvantageous than missing an entire Dark Crash. If you have problems with hitting your MBD EX, either you are extremely unlucky, or you need practice in hitting targets with smaller hitboxes.

jkidd000 Dark Avenger and ML are both good in PvP (Dont know really about PvE) most people play Moonlord because of the cyclone spam and overal decent damage and crowd control.
    Dark Avengers usually require surprise attacks (From corners fly through the air to surprise enemy) Their burst is really good in PvP, but i do know that there are more less dark avengers in pvp than MLs because ML is more easier to use and more fun probably to some.
    Let me tell you this, a good DA can fck nearly any class up, ML has flaws therefore relying on the bubble system would not be good.

In my personal view if you know how to use DA, i'd say go DA in pvp, if you're kind of new and need practice, go ML both good. but for my personal view DA does more damage than ML.

Comment

• jkidd000
      jkidd000 commented
      Editing a comment
      i see on watch ive researched and viewed some do really like da in pvp rather than ml since they rely a lot on bubble, but how bout when it comes to pve? thank you for the tips!

Originally posted by Adhelaida View Post
    ML>DA in terms of DPS and thats a facts
    False. In shorter, low-HP nests, DA will most definitely outperform MLs due to the fact that Smash X will require 3 MBD casts on small to mid size bosses (don't get me started on MBD CM3 on non-dragons), effectively making Smash X CD at 18s, whilst DA's Dark Crash will only take 15s, all the time, plus Dark Crash can be plated, whereas Smash X cannot. In short 4-man nests, DAs will do a LOT better. To illustrate, I regularly get 115~125m DPS on SDN/GN HC whereas my ML is barely able to go over 100m. MBD is a serious bottle neck in shorter nests with smaller bosses.

However, it is a fact that when you consider both classes in relatively long and high-HP raids (like Rune HC), MLs will on most occasions do more than a DA of equal gear, simply because they are a braindead class that requires little player skill to pilot. DAs require more experience and player skill than people think. I've seen a lot of DAs do less than what is to be expected because they cannot time their Dark Crashes effectively (they miss a lot or have it cancelled due to mechanics).

To illustrate, here's a link to the DPS results of a recent Rune HC run I did, along with a screenshot of the ML I ran with: https://i.imgur.com/a3LoDQW.png

My DA's IGN is JRakan. I am still rocking full +12 RuneL, and not even using any sort of Origin (the ML is using Unique MATK Origin). The difference may be just a mere 3m DPS, but when you consider he's ahead 4 +20 Calypse Parts, the 3m difference becomes extremely large. The run time was 18:55.

Point: Shorter nests/runs where a ML cannot go full force with MBD will be severely crippled, compared to a DA who can rip out Dark Crash every 15s, independent of any sort of external factor.

- - - - - - -

I have both classes, and I play both as my main. Although I have the resources, I have yet to make Calypse because I cannot decide which character to gear Calypse (ML or DA). However I personally lean more towards DA than ML, simply because I find the fast paced, timing-heavy gameplay a lot more fun than just spamming MBD and Smash X.

It boils down to personal preference, really. I lean more towards DA than ML simply because I find the gameplay a lot more fun and entertaining. All things considered and weighed, they will have the equal value as DPS characters, it's just down to the pilot which class is easier/better/more fun to play.

Comment

• jkidd000
      jkidd000 commented
      Editing a comment
      So in your case DA does a lot more bc of the flaw of ML during shorter nest runs, but when it comes to long runs like rudn you rely on ML? is my understanding is right? And ML doesnt require any player skill, but DA does?

Originally posted by vangeodee View Post

It boils down to personal preference, really. I lean more towards DA than ML simply because I find the gameplay a lot more fun and entertaining. All things considered and weighed, they will have the equal value as DPS characters, it's just down to the pilot which class is easier/better/more fun to play.
    ML>DA in terms of DPS and thats a fact, however i would say that the difference between these 2 is pretty short so pick whatever you liked the most
    Almost the same o~o

Anyway for what i've played and seen with friends with ML and DA basically maining them as you, ML has been more DPS than DA. By the way, im not sure if you should compare DA's DC vs MBD's Smash X, DC does at least 35% of total dmg on skill details for a DA while Smash X is usually (not to say always and how it should be) beat by MBD, for example: 25-27% for MBD and 20-22% for Smash X on skill details without mention that DC is practically 1 hit skill while Smash X has 6 or 8 hits cant remember the exactly amount right now. Last but not less, had the same conditions when your ML got lower DPS than your DA in SDN/GN HC runs? also with the run at RuDN HC? i mean exactly same pt line ups
    Last edited by Adhelaida; 11-06-2017, 06:53 PM. Reason: 'a 1 hit' is redundant o~o
    IGN: Adhelaida, KasumiDesu.

How To Defensio PVE Guide Cap 95

Comment

Originally posted by Adhelaida View Post

Almost the same o~o

Anyway for what i've played and seen with friends with ML and DA basically maining them as you, ML has been more DPS than DA. By the way, im not sure if you should compare DA's DC vs MBD's Smash X, DC does at least 35% of total dmg on skill details for a DA while Smash X is usually (not to say always and how it should be) beat by MBD, for example: 25-27% for MBD and 20-22% for Smash X on skill details without mention that DC is practically 1 hit skill while Smash X has 6 or 8 hits cant remember the exactly amount right now. Last but not less, had the same conditions when your ML got lower DPS than your DA in SDN/GN HC runs? also with the run at RuDN HC? i mean exactly same pt line ups
      No, it's not. I'm saying I prefer DA because it's my preference, while you're trying to pass off ML as a vastly superior class in terms of DPS. You fail to elaborate in what situation/context ML>DA in DPS, which makes it come out as false.

I am comparing MBD and Smash X because they are the most iconic single cast skills these 2 classes are known for, and if you did a lot of BTG like I did pre-95, you'd see that Crash and Smash do almost the same thing: give the DPS meter a huge spike. Also, do remember that less MBD hits means less MBD damage which means higher Smash X cooldown which ultimately means relatively high DPS penalties, this reasoning alone is enough of a proof as to why MLs will do slightly less than DAs in shorter 4-man nests with smaller mobs. This is also true for Rune HC S2 where MLs will struggle due to the boss' small hitbox.

In most occasions, my ML runs have been more advantageous than my DA runs. I've had runs where I had 3 more warriors with me on my DA runs whilst having something like assassins and archers and dragon buff on top of ROB with the ML. I did some screenshot digging, I found these 2 highly interesting screenshots:

DA: https://i.imgur.com/yBZiBRx.jpg
      ML: https://i.imgur.com/5pw22ZY.jpg

If you're thinking I'm getting better DA results because of party lineups, lol I guess you're wrong there as well.

----------

If you're still going to insist on the whole "ML > DA" argument, can you explain to me how I managed to out-do an ML with *vastly superior gear than me? I don't think even the most craptastic pilot can suck so bad that they'd blow a 4-part +20 Calypse lead and get out-DPS'd by a DA using full +20 RuneL. Not to mention I wasn't using any sort of origin whilst he was using a 2% MATK origin.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some fanboy who's trying to say one is better than the other. What I'm trying to say is that there are a lot of factors to be considered, and that with all things taken into account, no class is better than the other for the simple reason that one outshines another in a different context.

* - vastly superior, because a set of +20 Calypse weapons alone would shoot you up another 150k-ish ATK, while the upper and lower would give you an additional 60k.
      Last edited by vangeodee; 11-06-2017, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Adhelaida
        Adhelaida commented
        Editing a comment
        The large amount of factors to be considered is what i was trying to bring out with the pt conditions o~o, anyway, i guess youre right ^^

• Chelly
        Chelly commented
        Editing a comment
        Not particularly true.., ive seen a full calpyse and full refined gene ml did 147’m dps rofl, while im using a 13 fan SD, without any calpse gear and i did 252m. Pilot does matter alot, despite gear differences.
    Working...
    X