Thoughts on Colo Rankings and Rewards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Colo Rankings and Rewards

Just wanna know what others think about this but what if they do a regular colo rank reset similar to ladder before. I'm sure this will hurt others and will be open to abuse but, I honestly find it unfair that there are a lot of people high in ranks not even playing anymore. The merits of being high ranked in colo means nothing now since only a select few can taste the merits of being high ranked in colo and most of these high ranked players are barely moving. The colo exp rank gaps are just MASSIVE between them to say the least. Imperator alone is already too far from the next. As much as we all love PangYah, he is already monopolizing the perks of being Imperator, and I'm sure it isnt his fault. The point is, we have only ever had one imperator for some time already. To give you something to look at, among gold ranks and imperator, there are 19 of them who are not lvl95 and 6 of those are lv90 or below. 19% or almost 1 in 5 gold rankers are inactive, not even counting inactive lvl95 gold ranks.

There are cons in everything for sure and I already know one of them would be "how about those who really struggled and desperately tried hard to earn their ranks?". This is probably only one in a few hundreds of players who even bother for colo ranks. They probably do it for medals and exp but I am convinced they do not aim being Imperator due to how far it is and how much commitment it might need to actually even get close to that goal. Prove me wrong here, I would honestly love to be disproved here. I am not asking for ED to delete the current ranks but I am asking to somehow modify the rewards to feel rewarding enough for players who play now. Like maybe monthly or weekly exp/ranks instead of lifetime for the elite colo store.

Killing ladder was already enough to convince players not to pvp. But now, there is just no point going high up in ranks if you know you cannot make it even after a year without having to sacrifice some responsibilities outside pvp or even DN. Ladder used to be a good reminder that PVP is indeed connected with PVE and vice versa. Geared players can win without much pvp knowledge by outgearing enemies, and pvp players can trash even geared players with their game sense in pvp. This is the real balance between pvp and pve that only ladder provides. Moreover, there is a point to grind ladder because of the tasty rewards that colo exp/medals alone do not bring. But without ladder, PVP and PVE are just two different dimensions in DN. Besides the fact that pvp players are reliant on pve one way or another (money revolves around pve trends, not pvp). PVP players do not need to grind or gear themselves as much since there's no point gearing up when you just want to fight and kill. PVE players could have always lived without pvp but with ladder, they have a motivation to better themselves with their combos, counterplays, and resourcefulness. Ladder is still more pvp than pve but this can still be balanced, I think, just as how they balance or rotate PVE trends (such as dps tier and all).

From a minority's point, players from Blitzwood are at a disadvantage from the start since PVP was not thriving in Blitzwood due to the scarcity of players who are even aware of pvp. Before the merge happened, players in Blitzwood could only wish for real pvp and unlike now, the respawn mode usually does not even fill up 16 players (sometimes a whole evening without even any respawn starting). The pvp community there was just inactive compared to the others, probably unmotivated from the disappointment. The capt abuse did not even last long in this server despite being rampant in other servers. After the merge, colo exp was unchanged and naturally top ranking players in Blitzwood would have way lower ranks compared to other servers (with a strong pvp community).

I tried discussing different points to tackle this and I would love to know what others think about this. I would also love to hear suggestions regarding the topic. This is bothering since I have been drawn to DN because of its pvp system and I would love to see pvp's redemption in SEA again.

Note: I do not have any issues with PangYah. Many people, including myself, love him.
    Last edited by Raifisetto; 02-19-2019, 05:00 AM.

my two cents

I stand with you on the whole 'the ranking of the Blitzwood people should have been adjusted' but then again i wouldn't know how would they even do that.

And also on the importance of ladder, they should really bring it back.

(without mind to the Blitzwood ranking statement) I think the whole lot who has been playing the longest deserve their high ranks, and mind you i don't look at the ranks as something that says the players are good it is simply just that they've been playing the longest, and usually i hold them in high regard in terms of respect for other players. But yes i've always wanted myself to have the gold emblem but seeing the numbers is a bit overwhelming xD. So yea i welcome any kind of new system for the emblems and things.

And i think the inactive ranked players on the accounts who were not able to transfer should be deleted, i mean the records to be udpated already, i actually thought they were gonna do it after the end of the transferring of accounts. (or did they? it's not noticeable)

And when they do bring back ladder hopefully the characters would have been reworked already because soul eater, saint, black mara, physician and arti are just ridiculous (plus sh, ah and da). I'd add the solo-type players like assassins, glad, and the cats but it's the one place they shine (on pvp) so i'll give them ladder xD
    Last edited by ireldi; 02-19-2019, 06:32 PM. Reason: left out things

Comment

• Raifisetto
      Raifisetto commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, the job trend for ladder is normal, like the trend for pve (top tier dps and god tier 1v1). There will really be trends but balancing them shouldnt feel too difficult if you can play with the numbers.

My idea was to create another weekly/monthly colo ranks ALONG with the current colo. This is to appreciate the people who are currently giving their best in gaining exp (capsule exp shouldnt count here). The purpose for this separate ranking is to have another classification where players can classify themselves - allowing elite colo stores to offer items based on the new category. I am completely against discrediting all the hardwork of people who gave so much commitment to pvp, just like you said, but maybe a yearly reset wouldn't hurt either. This reset opens up chances for others to take the crown. The separate category addresses a different problem (how to enjoy elite store/perks with a massive exp gap between top rank and high rank). The solution I suggested will allow active players to enjoy the perks of the elite store without disturbing current ranking, sort of like a workaround. Of course this will never solve the impossibility of climbing ranks with the way it is now.

• ireldi
      ireldi commented
      Editing a comment
      oohh that sound ineresting, and yea if they don't bring back ladder better consider a 6-month ranking (because i feel like if it was monthly, the race would be too tight xD) and then the new ranking system would feature like timed titles as well, that would be awesome xD

and yea they should really work on connecting pvp and pve again
      Last edited by ireldi; 02-19-2019, 06:54 PM.

Hi, I just read the post today... Im a former blitzwood imperator... Yup i agree to what you have said... Or we can add that each player who gain a certain number of colo expi can get an access to colo elite store like what we previously had with ladder. Which will not affect the colo rankings since most of the gold rank spend several years just to reach that rank.. Unlike when I was with blitzwood it only took ne around 4 months to reach the rank.. And also we can consider that all those who have imperator title has access to rock if blessing and other buffs since have title...
    A mother by heart, a restless soul and a happy gamer.
    MamaJhigs

Comment

• Raifisetto
      Raifisetto commented
      Editing a comment
      Blitzwood pvp was a joke, saying it bluntly. No offense meant but pvp would not prosper with that decaying population

Originally posted by Raifisetto View Post
    Blitzwood pvp was a joke, saying it bluntly. No offense meant but pvp would not prosper with that decaying population
    Yes the server before is like a dead server... But dont talk like you know all about what happen to the server... You dont even know why we decided to create character guild and spend time and money with the server... Yes you can say pvp is dead... But the server no longer exist... So dont talk like you know everything about blitzwood... Unless you are one of those jerks... Haha
    MamaJhigs

Comment

• Raifisetto
      Raifisetto commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh im sorry, I'm a fellow blitzwood player who knows the struggles. Admit it, the pvp there was a joke. People in respawn agree to draw cuz not much people doing respawn. One of those times when you see respawn and you just see people not killing each other, and you get screwed for killing for 'violating' agreements.

Originally posted by Raifisetto View Post
    Oh im sorry, I'm a fellow blitzwood player who knows the struggles. Admit it, the pvp there was a joke. People in respawn agree to draw cuz not much people doing respawn. One of those times when you see respawn and you just see people not killing each other, and you get screwed for killing for 'violating' agreements.
    I agree to it... But we are the most brave players back then. All of us start from zero except for those CC users... I agree that most players agree on making draw in respawn. But during the time that most player wanting to get a gold rank.. Many players were encourage to play pvp and some player from main server did create character just to get a gold rank title.. I was able to get around 20+ players from holywood to create a blitzwood character and play pvp.. Most of them are from xTus guild.
    MamaJhigs

Comment

Originally posted by mamajhigs View Post

I agree to it... But we are the most brave players back then. All of us start from zero except for those CC users... I agree that most players agree on making draw in respawn. But during the time that most player wanting to get a gold rank.. Many players were encourage to play pvp and some player from main server did create character just to get a gold rank title.. I was able to get around 20+ players from holywood to create a blitzwood character and play pvp.. Most of them are from xTus guild.
      I have no idea if you're bragging or what. You arent making sense and you contribute very little to the solution/discussion here. Blitzwood had a more crooked version of pvp - which is gaining exp without actual pvp, It never prospered, and it is also not surprising why there are very few pro players from blitzwood (makes sense cuz new players in dn who play blitzwood wouldnt be pro vs experienced pros). Point is, PVP was backwards, where you get punished for actually doing pvp. It's so similar to the xhit happening in captain mode now. if u hit, u get hunted down by geared characters. I understand xhit is not good but at least there are other rooms that arent xhit. And it's just worse when theres only xhit in colo.

Take the criticism and eat it up. You are too proud of "your server" to recognize that the problems even existed. Brave players? The hell are you talking about? Are you implying those in old servers aren't as brave as you simply because you started a new life in a new server? Dying population wasnt a joke back then, and if you don't agree, then you are in a fantasy. On a side note, i do know who you are in blitzwood. pretty much all who pvp should know so you better watch what you're saying.

Comment

Working...
      X