Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRO Service Scam BanmaBamma with HolyFKK. AMAZING WAY TO SCAM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRO Service Scam BanmaBamma with HolyFKK. AMAZING WAY TO SCAM!

On January 4, 2018, this HolyFKK character (cat, lvl 86) shouted RUDN HC service for sale.

I availed service, 30k for 6Wraths, so I paid. I did another 25k after he/she offered 55k for 12 wraths. So i lost 55k on that day. Stupid as I am, I learned something the scammers do. I hope you learn from my mistakes too.

So here's how they do it.

1. They make a character with a name that has a very close resemblance to a 'geared' character. Eg. BanmaBamma, the scammer (Take note there's another Character named BanmaBanma [geared lancea])

2. BanmaBamma (warrior scammer) chats me while HolyFKK stands beside BanmaBanma (geared lancea, currently AFK). So I inspect BanmaBanma and see the gears so I'm convinced. but only HolyFKK and I am in the party. The names are so close you won't easily see the difference.

3. So they both chat me telling me that the money will go to HolyFKK as the sub char. I transfer funds without checking more (stupid move). BanmaBamma (warrior scammer) asks if I want 12 Wraths, I said yes, so we trade again.

4. After that they both DC, so I can't PM them both. Then I see BanmaBanma (geared lancea) in same channel (5) near TH. I tried to chat with the character but suspiciously my PM's are not going through. Said he's AFK and says he's innocent. That makes me a little more suspicious. Maybe, just maybe, they're both accomplices.

Then this character named Nejibanah adds us in a party and tells us how they do it (see pics).

There you go pips. So that's how they do their scams. I really looked stupid this time losing my money so easily. But as they say, there's always a first time for everything. Newbie mode this time. (And yes, I don't know how to check the names/info without the character in front of me. Maybe someone would teach me how)

*** A few moments later someone named Chupatae and Meyhap [ from the Philippines, taken from their names ] are selling same service. Very good ones. Admin please check them. (Please see screenshots)

[Just a wild thought...] There is a group of 'geared' people, who got money and gears from scamming others by doing this technique. Where do you think their money goes to? GEARS! Maybe this group of people are the ones selling gold online also. So this is like a network of reallllyyy clever people who came up with this tactic. They intentionally create characters with names that they can closely resemble (like the examples above) so they can do this scam. If that's the case, then I hope Admin works with this. If the characters are banned, and their accounts are banned, then they lose all the gears and their money. And everyone will be happy, and DN will be a much safer place.

CHARACTERS involved (IGN):

BanmaBamma (scammer)
    BanmaBanma (geared)
    HolyFKK (shouter)
    Nejibanah (shouter)
    Chupatae (shouter)
    Meyhap (scammer)
    Mayhap (geared)

Suspicious GUILD:
    Vermillion

I hope Admin would check on these people because they do it easily and are not afraid to get banned. If ever they change name I hope they get traced. I'm gonna look for others and report anything I see. I encourage all other players to please check on these people and group. If you find anything suspicious, pls print screen and paste it on the comments below. Thanks!

Thank you in advance Admin and ms Tasha. More power to DNSea!

P.S. First sign of those involved/scammers will look for more proofs or try to negate this post. Don't worry I have more proofs. I hope Admin will take care of you.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by chokeeju; 01-04-2018, 06:34 PM.

Games were meant to be played, not to avail someone's services.
    Discord: DarkB1ad3r #5361

Comment

this is a old methood of scammers.
      u shuold have tell them to use the geared one
      no legit service seller will use a ungeared char to trade the gold/talk with u

Comment

I’m confused with your word and sentence construction. Are you saying that BanmaBamma is in cahoots with BanmaBanma? I can see your pictures point out that BanmaBanma appears to be a main account of some bigger operation, being the "main" account - but all I see is that BanmaBanma is afk on pictures.

I can understand that you can theorize the notion that the main gets AFK when he/she operates a 2nd account poser, but that theory is too wild beyond my belief.
        Last edited by launcelot; 01-04-2018, 06:23 PM. Reason: Confused with all the name mixes
        We all hate Scammers and Hackers. Click [HERE] to learn more about their methods.

Comment

• chokeeju
          chokeeju commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I'll just leave this here. I guess this will stay a little longer since "big" names are involved. I don't plan to take it down unless admin decides to remove it.

People can comment all they want. Those involved can make proofs whatev. Coz I'm not imposing that them people are the ones directly involved, just implied that they are suspects.
          They may be innocent but meh, who knows. Liars will believe anything they say.
          BTW Those trying to claim they're not involved may be the suspects themselves. Just saying... So yeah. Just leave it here for a while. If admin finds them then good. If not, still good.

• chokeeju
          chokeeju commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll be afk for a while. I'll be doin other stuff since I can't do two things at the same time. You know, Like controlling two characters at the same time. So yeah...

• Xenocho
          Xenocho commented
          Editing a comment
          chokeeju Wow your persistence with blaming someone for the whole fiasco is more than enough to make a Bollywood drama. Seriously...

A tip: pay only when the full party is assembled with you inside Garden of Time and Space (if not a well reputable team). If you get scammed from there, you can legitimately post that in forum that you were indeed scammed.

The trick you fell to is similar to the trade scams covered by launcelot in his thread on scam tactics. Saint Haven is like a marketplace with rats all around corners scamming. Always be alert lol. And stick to reputable teams for safety *hint hint*
        Last edited by Xenocho; 01-04-2018, 08:48 PM.
        Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
        Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
        Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

Originally posted by darkb1ader View Post
          Games were meant to be played, not to avail someone's services.
          I guess so. Tried to make a short cut, bam! Wrong turn. As I said, it's learning from my mistakes.

btw, do you do RuDN hc service? Lol

Comment

• darkb1ader
            darkb1ader commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by chokeeju View Post
            btw, do you do RuDN hc service? Lol
            No, I don't.

Instead of gearing your character for end game try upgrading your gear slowly.
            What's the point of end game gears if you can't clear end game contents because you don't know the mechanics LMAO. (Just saying...)
            Last edited by darkb1ader; 01-04-2018, 08:23 PM.

This method of scamming is too old but some victims still fell for it. I got a friend who got posers everytime he changed names, and he always took the blame instead of those scammers.
          Some tips for you:
          - If you got PM, click on his name to copy and then go to cash shop, choose gift and see if his class and level are the same with the one you think he is (usually no)
          - if you see the real one, also copy his name when click on him and PM back to double check if the deal is real

Comment

Dear TS,
            I hope this thread stays as it is. There were numerous occasions where a victim accuses someone being a scammer and claims to have proof. We told them to upload to forum or 1:1 but never got news on whether they actually posted or changed their minds upon seeing how they got duped and too embarrassed to show it.

This is to help bring in a strong awareness that this type of scamming is rampant.
            We all hate Scammers and Hackers. Click [HERE] to learn more about their methods.

Comment

Originally posted by launcelot View Post
              I’m confused with your word and sentence construction. Are you saying that BanmaBamma is in cahoots with BanmaBanma? I can see your pictures point out that BanmaBanma appears to be a main account of some bigger operation, being the "main" account - but all I see is that BanmaBanma is afk on pictures.

I can understand that you can theorize the notion that the main gets AFK when he/she operates a 2nd account poser, but that theory is too wild beyond my belief.
              Yes, it's very possible. If you have a second/third Pc, or even just accomplices then you can do the trick. With the money they have scammed, they definitely have to transfer that to another character. It's so easy to get geared with the amount of money that they get.

Comment

• Fai
                Fai commented
                Editing a comment
                Of coz i am not same with that Bamma......

• Xenocho
                Xenocho commented
                Editing a comment
                Do not exaggerate, blame and drag others into it. I assure you most geared players do not scam in the way you described. Many have already described the modus operandi, especially if you checked launcelot's thread. Please accept your mistake and learn from it.

• Fai
                Fai commented
                Editing a comment
                To TS : You got rich imagination dude, how come you didnt imagine that cheap prize service might be scam ? All cause your greedy !! And after you knew your fault saw "bamma" , you also never give a sincerely sorry to me.
                When i ask you say sorry to me, you just answer me : " Fk u, eat sht " to me....... you this idiot....

Click image for larger version  Name:	DN 2018-01-05 10-38-10 Fri.jpg Views:	1 Size:	20.0 KB ID:	115449

Serves u right for buying cheap service.

I was geared 3 chars full set calypse +20, and 1 set unique costume on my Flurry. 55kg.....cant even make 1 part calypse +20 from RudnL+0 .
              Here my bad flurry service run video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rihd2XRRQD4
              Here my bad gladiator service run video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqKPHbEIqYE ( after this i changed name to FineWithMe )
              Here my bad Dark Avenger service run video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KrJH9VW7jo
              Last edited by Fai; 01-04-2018, 08:59 PM. Reason: link video
              Caption

Comment

• Fai
                Fai commented
                Editing a comment
                You ask me go change name for my flurry, can i ask you change eyes??

To TS:

Yes you had done stupid moves to get scammed, but its a lesson for you as well. This scam had been around for years, but its still effective because many newbies are partially blind.
              Like what Xenocho mentioned, pay only after all the runners are there and went into GTS. Take a screenshot of you paying or even better, take video. In this case it would be easier to track it.

Also the theory you proposed is stupid af.
              "Internet is full of trolls and idiots."
              - Albert Einstein

Mail me gold to IGN: Scimitarry

Comment

No One Will sell 55kg For 12 Wraths Tho Are You Crazy ? and why Did you pay 55kg Even tho the Service Providers isn't in the PT ? You're Retarded
                and one more Thing " VERMILLION DONT OFFER RUNE SVC"
                Mayhap Is too Lazy To Nest

Comment

I suggest try use Cash Shop Gift feature to verify its name (via Save Name) as Fai mentioned.

And please trade somewhere no one is around Impersonation won't work when there is no real body.
                  No Pain No Gain

Comment

Originally posted by NASALord View Post
                    I suggest try use Cash Shop Gift feature to verify its name (via Save Name) as Fai mentioned.

And please trade somewhere no one is around Impersonation won't work when there is no real body.
                    The text in bold is not a good suggestion. The trade range is VERY FAR. You can still receive trades when there is 'seemingly no one around.'

Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
                    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
                    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

This is just the same modus like... 2 or 3 years ago. Before there are tons of Meddlecat Chelly and Aldorique clones, and those impersonators arent even afraid of showing themselves to the public.. they even appear beside the real ones. Witnessing what happened last night is the very same incident like before, the scammer also asked us if we want autographs from him/her too. I think the only good way tog et rid of these scammers are to track down their IP and ban them. (which I think wont work also). Anyway, one thing for sure, these scammers are having good and fun time toying with us and scamming gullible and poor eyesighted players.

Comment

Working...
                      X