Scammed using ign misconcept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scammed using ign misconcept

DATE OF THE SCENE : NOVEMBER 23, 2018 around 8:30PM to 10:00PM (PH)
    MY IGN : MEGUMlN
    SCAMMER'S IGN : AIexisRM

so here is how he scammed me. i shout to world chat. using blue bird. to buy some cc items in cash shop in trade for gold.(seller gift me the item, i give him gold) so this guy AIexisRM pm me. he told me to come GTS ch13 (probably to see him) and i check his item (his gears was OP as fck) so i easily trusted him. when we are trading. he asked me to give gold using mail. (things get suspicious). so i asked him. he said he need to save my name for gifting. so im in a rush so i emailed the gold. 21500g.
    then he said he will go send the cash item (sasha epic) but then he said he was short in cc. so he said he will give me codes instead. but gave me used codes. after then i was wondering why i cant pm him. but i see him in the town and was afk. so i thought i was scammed and was blocked. so i panicked. then someone told us. and i realized how i got scammed im so noob and dumb.
    here is his trick. he pmed me using an IGN AIexisRM i thought he was the one who was afk in town w/c IGN is AlexisRM. (probably a difference i L and i in IGN) in short he used similar IGN w/c is hard to distinguished to scam me. then i check his IGN w/c pming me. in the f11 and his character was just a lvl1 warrior.
    can you do me a favor? can you check his logs. (probably after i send my golds to him hi will transfer it to his main account) so we can track the main account of the scammer?
    or you can send me back my gold? or just banned the abuser.
    thanks EYEDENTITY TEAM hope you can help me with this matter. more power god bless. thanks

If you suspected he was a scammer, why didn't you try to deal with the actual geared person instead, such as adding to party and dealing? Long story short, you were scammed. The player would most likely delete that char after transferring the mailed gold to their main.

Good luck tho.
    Last edited by Xenocho; 12-06-2018, 03:41 AM.
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• johnpaulovaldez012
      johnpaulovaldez012 commented
      Editing a comment
      i suspect that the geared one is a conspirator since he was moving for a while when im pming him and then suddenly put a afk chat box when i try to PT him.

• johnpaulovaldez012
      Editing a comment
      and also suddenly when the scammer cant be pm. a person came on us explaining how we are scammed. he was supposedly a friend of the geared one.

Well, never ever mail anyone gold.

I know a friend who got almost got scammed 380k gold too , but luckily she copy and pasted the actual person’s ign instead of the person who pm-ed her..

the legit guy returned back the full 380k gold minus the 1k tax .

even so, never ever buy anything or give gold via mail , the trade function is there for a reason. For purchase of cc items, to be very safe, just record a video and inspect the person then initiate the trade yourself to make sure it’s the actual person , so if he runs away you have video proof

Comment

"so im in a rush so i emailed the gold. 21500g."

this is where things began to go wrong..
      haste make waste

Comment

Log-in to your Eyedentity account and send 1:1 inqiry with clear explanation, details, and most importantly decent prove (i.e screenshot, video).
        Posting it here wont bring you any good.

Your loss is less likely to be reimbursed by Eyedentity.
        But still, better go ahead and try.

Comment

• johnpaulovaldez012
          Editing a comment
          lol but how though? its been almost 2 weeks and 1:1 inquiry is always like this

• johnpaulovaldez012
          Editing a comment
          its always failed and asking to contact administrator? but how though

Comment

Working...
        X