Artillery bubble 'BUG' in compensated balanced stages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artillery bubble 'BUG' in compensated balanced stages

Before the maintenance on 12 November,Tuesday, which was completed just now, in all compensated/balanced stage such as storm of time and space, cerberus beginner nest, hero's battlefield (normal/abyss) and saint haven defence, Artillery could generate bubbles through main skill direct hits on monsters. Now after maintenance on Tuesday 13 November, it got moved back (as in before November patch) to generating bubbles only when critical hits are successful, like in normal nests and dungeons.
    This is a HUGE NERF because bubbles are needed to cast <Fatal Tracking Arrow> which makes up half of the damage dealt by Artillery, where in balanced stages the critical chance is only 2%. This effectively removes at least half of the dps potential of Artillery, which makes Artillery disproportionately crippled, useless and unwelcome in the stages stated above.

<Fatal tracking arrow> can now only be casted using bubbles from <Stunning Shot>. To be exact, that is one <Fatal tracking arrow> casted every 32 seconds, instead of a few seconds as in normal nests/dungeons and also before the 'Bug' came back.

I hope it will be fixed no later than next Tuesday's maintenance. Also, if a fix is technically impossible, some in-game compensation should be given to Artillery, as the bug really deprives a lot of fun and satisfaction playing Artillery, which is, I believe, against the minds of ED.

This move of removing bubble generation through direct hits must not be intended, because in balanced stages, Artillery has no other usage (aside from one damage debuff on monsters but that is common to all classes) than dealing damage.

Originally posted by Faraway View Post
    Before the maintenance on 12 November,Tuesday, which was completed just now, in all compensated/balanced stage such as storm of time and space, cerberus beginner nest, hero's battlefield (normal/abyss) and saint haven defence, Artillery could generate bubbles through main skill direct hits on monsters. Now after maintenance on Tuesday 13 November, it got moved back (as in before November patch) to generating bubbles only when critical hits are successful, like in normal nests and dungeons.
    This is a HUGE NERF because bubbles are needed to cast <Fatal Tracking Arrow> which makes up half of the damage dealt by Artillery, where in balanced stages the critical chance is only 2%. This effectively removes at least half of the dps potential of Artillery, which makes Artillery disproportionately crippled, useless and unwelcome in the stages stated above.

<Fatal tracking arrow> can now only be casted using bubbles from <Stunning Shot>. To be exact, that is one <Fatal tracking arrow> casted every 32 seconds, instead of a few seconds as in normal nests/dungeons and also before the 'Bug' came back.

I hope it will be fixed no later than next Tuesday's maintenance. Also, if a fix is technically impossible, some in-game compensation should be given to Artillery, as the bug really deprives a lot of fun and satisfaction playing Artillery, which is, I believe, against the minds of ED.

This move of removing bubble generation through direct hits must not be intended, because in balanced stages, Artillery has no other usage (aside from one damage debuff on monsters but that is common to all classes) than dealing damage.
    The arti "boost" you mentioned recently came into effect in KDN. We were NOT supposed to have it in our patch; it was an error. The removal of that in this patch was fixing that mistake.

Just be patient and it will eventually return.
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

as Xenocho mentioned its supposed to be implemented Later on together with the fury of the owl change, patched on Sept KDN so its supposed to come out next month .
      Last edited by geeeen17; 11-13-2018, 01:10 AM.
      IGN: GeneGen & GeneGen2

Comment

Alright thanks guys for the answer, I will look forward for the next patch esp. the owl change since it will be useless to most teammates who already max their critical damage. Thank you

Comment

sad guess i will have to stop doing shd with arti.

Comment

• Xenocho
            Xenocho commented
            Editing a comment
            If it's just hit count reduction from FTA while total dmg remains the same as now, is it a nerf? I don't play Arti extensively, so I'm unsure if FTA hit counts generate bubbles. Also there was a point of 20 bubble reduce cd of fatal cannonade instead of FTA.

• Faraway
            Faraway commented
            Editing a comment
            Currently, FTA does not generate bubble, and will very likely stay the same in the latest kdn patch. (because if it does generate bubbles, it is no longer a nerf)
            You can read this:
            http://bbs.duowan.com/forum.php?mod=...ghlight=魔羽
            Someone in china tested in kdn server. FTA hit count remains 20. Changes in CM3 slightly compensates the lost 20% chance of bubble generation and lost 10 TA hit counts, but it also eliminates the extra 20% damage when FTA is used right after magic arrow. Dps drops by about 10% in battle training ground test. Dps will drop further if the boss moves a lot, because of new CM3 requires extension core to work, if the boss moves a lot you will have to change location of cores often which require cooldown.

• Faraway
            Faraway commented
            Editing a comment
            http://forum.dragonnest.com/sea/clas...lp-suggestions
        Working...
        X