[PC USERS] A Question about having a GTX 10 series vcards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PC USERS] A Question about having a GTX 10 series vcards

'kay, i got a GTX 1060 3gb VCARD, ryzen 5 1500x and 8gb ram (see photo for more info), used NVIDIA's triple buffering and i'm still having 25fps on a 4-man party(dungeons,nests/etc).

Now, i'm pretty sure I can handle more than the recommendation of the game but excuse me.. W T F ?
    Last edited by BlightyBoo; 01-17-2018, 06:02 AM.

DN is old, badly optimized and probably won't be optimized anymore, period.

Comment

• Kuru
      Kuru commented
      Editing a comment
      Apparently there's an optimization patch allowing it to use more than 1 core in the pipeworks somewhere. How true this is though, is an entirely different question as all i've heard so far are rumors.

For DN client to run smoothly on AMD Ryzen processors(F17h), devs must first optimize the client by rewriting its code and structure following these optimization guides from AMD.

Software Optimization Guide for AMD64 Processors
    https://support.amd.com

Software Optimization Guide for AMD Family 17h Processors
    https://support.amd.com

Intended Audience This book is intended for compiler and assembler designers, as well as C, C++, and assembly language programmers writing performance-sensitive code sequences. This guide assumes that you are familiar with the AMD64 instruction set and the AMD64 architecture (registers and programming modes).

For complete information on the AMD64 architecture and instruction set, see the multivolume AMD64 Architecture Programmer’s Manual available from AMD.com. Individual volumes and their order numbers are provided below.

Code:
    Title                                                       Order Number
    Volume 1: Application Programming                              24592
    Volume 2: System Programming                                   24593
    Volume 3: General-Purpose and System Instructions              24594
    Volume 4: 128-Bit and 256-Bit Media Instructions               26568
    Volume 5: 64-Bit Media and x87 Floating-Point Instructions     26569
    The following documents provide a useful set of guidelines for writing efficient code that have general applicability to the Family 17h processor:
    • AMD Family 15h Processors Software Optimization Guide (Order # 47414)
    • Software Optimization Guide for AMD Family 10h and 12h Processors (Order # 40546)

Refer to the Preliminary Processor Programming Reference (PPR) for AMD Family 17h Models 00h-0Fh Processors (Order # 54945) for more information about machine-specific registers, debug, and performance profiling tools.

For the graphics part, that's a whole different story. And then add optimization for new Intel processors to equation. This whole optimization topic becomes a whole mess. Too much of a hassle for a company called Eyedentity Games.

Take my bet. They ain't gonna do any of this at all.

So these latest state of the art technologies are useless when the application is not properly utilizing them. What a waste of good silicons. . .
    Last edited by MeshPolygon; 01-15-2018, 09:35 PM.
    ★ Gintama ❖ 「ヒカリ証明論 / Hikari Shoumeiron」 ❖ CHiCO with HoneyWorks ★

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
    Spotify URI | Spotify Song Link
    Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
    DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

Now take a look at this figure. At front of GTS ch1, I'm running the game with a sad 10 fps. But look at the perf monitors, they're not operating in full utilization. Someone has this issue too and already reported it some time ago. Can't really track what's going on. DN seems to be bogged down and reducing resources utilization when there are too many elements present at screen for unknown reasons.

People having this problem, including me, seems to have a one thing in common. We are using AMD system. Maybe DN not optimized to run on AMD processors is the reason behind all of this. Or maybe it's not optimized to run cleanly on any latest processors, this 'Eternity' engine is quite outdated after all. It was written way back 2006, quite an old engine that didn't receive any overhaul for the latest technologies.

The thread I'm talking about is down below.

P.S.: BTW, when did Ryzen became i5? XD
      Hi guys, before i jump to the subject here is my computer specs CPU: AMD A10-7860k GPU: Palit GeForce GTX 750ti 2gb RAM: 2x8gb Kingston Hyper X 1866mhz MOBO:
      Last edited by MeshPolygon; 01-15-2018, 11:57 AM.

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
      Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
      DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

Wow you guys it's like i'm back at being a 7 years old and playing Clefairy's stupid puzzle game.

Comment

The whole point is that ED won't give a damn about this anymore. Optimizing this game will not yield them any profits, yet gonna cost them alot.

all of those are for my regular trolling smacks against ED, not for you, so peace >_^

some other facts

Triple buffering in Nvidia control panel does not work in Direct X games. That switch/setting only controls OpenGL triple buffering. Dragon Nest is utilizing DirectX, making that setting do nothing
          Last edited by MeshPolygon; 01-16-2018, 09:43 AM.

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
          DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

Working...
          X