Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording Video via NVIDIA Shadowplay vs Discord Voice Chat

Hi guys!

Does anyone know how to split in-game sound and Discord voice chat while recording using NVIDIA Shadowplay?
    I've been searching for months and tried several suggestions like installing virtual cable etc, but still didn't work as expected, our voice chat conversation still recorded in the video.

I don't want to use another recording software because Shadowplay gives me smooth gameplay while recording HD video.
    Or one may suggest what's the best solution since I am not really expert in this thing.

Thank you in advance!

Originally posted by EternalCat View Post
    Hi guys!

Does anyone know how to split in-game sound and Discord voice chat while recording using NVIDIA Shadowplay?
    I've been searching for months and tried several suggestions like installing virtual cable etc, but still didn't work as expected, our voice chat conversation still recorded in the video.

I don't want to use another recording software because Shadowplay gives me smooth gameplay while recording HD video.
    Or one may suggest what's the best solution since I am not really expert in this thing.

Thank you in advance!
    If I'm not wrong you can google this or youtube this. It's something like muting the speaker for one channel and have shadowplay record on another channel.

Try this
    Remmystarr, Aeleithyea, Remynstarr from Eden
    Selling Rune HC Service. Click or PM if interested; Xenocho #8012

Comment

• EternalCat
      EternalCat commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, thanks!

That video is one of my findings. But it doesn't work for me idk why :/

EternalCat

These videos are from the same guy in Xenocho's post. I think these are updated. You might wanna give it another try.

part 1 - Shadowplay: How to only record in game sound (Separate chat audio)

part 2 - Shadowplay: How to combine mic and chat audio on one track
    Last edited by MeshPolygon; 04-17-2018, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Offtopic:
      I know that you prefer Nvidia ShadowPlay, but you might gonna need another recorder when the need arises. Thus I present OBS, Open Broadcaster Software, a open source software used recording and streaming. You could do a lot of stuff with it other than just recording your game. Switch scenes, add overlays, stream layouts, add webcam video of yourself on top of the game recording/streaming, timers when you need to time your runs, and many more. It would be definitely useful someday. Your gameplay while recording with Nvidia ShadowPlay is smooth 'cause it's using Nvidia GPU hardware encoder(NVENC). But fear not, OBS can also make use of NVENC. The only downside when you want to use this software is you need to do a lot of tinkering and configuring. But, depending on the person, it might give you some degree of self-satisfaction, after tinkering all of that, it doesn't looks all that plain now, thanks to your creativity.

Just giving some other way to record your games, good luck with your recordings! >_^

Sample Video
      *the recording was quite laggy on my machine, using software encoder(x264), but the gameplay was smooth. Encoder overloaded. My AMD APU has hardware encoder but crashes my PC sometimes, stuck with the software. Hope it's not the case for Nvidia.

DISCLAIMER: Contents of this video are not mine. They belong to their respective owners.

Other things that were used:
      - Snaz - for time and date
      - WSplit - the timer

Music(copyright claimant) forgot to turn youtube off:
      Future Diary - "Kuusou Mesorogiwi" (Opening) | ENGLISH ver |
      - AmaLee & NateWantsToBattle
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaZ7NCQwmlE

Parasyte - "Let Me Hear" (FULL Opening) | ENGLISH ver |
      - AmaLee
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAAmkocOGwY
      Last edited by MeshPolygon; 04-20-2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• MeshPolygon
        MeshPolygon commented
        Editing a comment
        Some other fun things

LiveSplit WSplit with split timings
        *WSplit replaced in favor of LiveSplit, global hotkeys are working for DN

*a run went wrong

If you want to make adjustments and improve run timings for the improvement your skills and strategies, this might also help you. Doing timers, keeping your best times, and trying to shave it off on the following attempts, nothing is more exciting than beating your old self and keep improving.

As to when to start/split/stop, you may follow the rules you set upon for yourself. In my case, I start it at dungeon start, moment load screen ends, no pauses in between even in loading screens, splits when the stage boss drops dead, the final split stop at the moment the boss died.

If you want it to be as close as possible to the Ingame timer, start it at the moment it finish loading the first stage and stop it at the moment dungeon end crediting starts.

Also, may this also be helpful for people prepping for GDN time attack. cheers!

nothing, sharing some additional fun stuffs >_^
        Last edited by MeshPolygon; Today, 04:18 AM.
    Working...
    X