Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot download Dragon nest and DNLauncher suddenly closes itself after click START

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot download Dragon nest and DNLauncher suddenly closes itself after click START

Hi! Greetings

I've installed the game before on 15th May leveled up my Character to lvl83. But after windows update.. i couldn't use my pc cause it gives me explorer.exe error so i decided to reset my pc.

I wanted to play the game again so i tried to download using "One Click Solution" but when the download reach 45.2**b. File Name : iceclientlib.dll
    the download stop and give me error : Currently you are not able to reach the server (404).
    I checked on Dragon nest sea facebook and it looks like everyone have the same problem, the exact file name, the exact error.

So i tried torrent download. 8gb done. Waited for the launcher to download the patch.
    After it's done when i clicked START button. the launcher closes and nothing happened. I checked task manager, no DN program.
    I uninstall the game.

And i tried Zip.file
    same thing happened. DNLauncher. Click START. Launcher closes and nothing happened.

I have re-installed many times. My internet connection is good. The program runs on Administrations. My anti-virus and Firewall didn't block Dragon nest or anything
    I just dont know what to do anymore. And i really want to play the game.

I did send a ticket to Dragon Nest Support. But i just have feeling it's gonna get ignored.

I am hoping if anyone here can provide me solution that would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

many have reported the same issue, it is not your computer's fault i believe but rather the game itself, you should wait till tuesday, check their FB page and their main website for updates regarding this issue.

there is still no fix about this, so the only thing you can do now is wait, be patient, and maybe take time to find some other games to play while DN for you is unavailable.

Comment

Originally posted by PZZA View Post
      Hi! Greetings

And i tried Zip.file
      same thing happened. DNLauncher. Click START. Launcher closes and nothing happened.

I have re-installed many times. My internet connection is good. The program runs on Administrations. My anti-virus and Firewall didn't block Dragon nest or anything
      I just dont know what to do anymore. And i really want to play the game.

I am hoping if anyone here can provide me solution that would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Sorry but can you try something?

Can you try this and see if it works:

1. Go to your start an type "Exploit Protection"
      2. Turn off 2 things under the System Protection Settings TAB:

- Data Execution Prevention(DEP)
      - Validate Exception Chains(SEHOP)

3. Restart your computer.
      4. Try running Dn again from the "dnlauncher" as "Administrator".

Let me know if it works.

NOTE: Please revert back these settings after you run Dragon nest.

Side Note: This is not a recommended Solution but you may try if u wish.If it doesn't work, PLEASE Revert it back!
      ~ Midnight Environment == PEACEFUL ~
      ~ Afternoon Environment ==
      ROWDY ~
      How I wish the world has a balance between the two!
      Oh wait... What is balance???

Comment

• Gaming_Boy
        Gaming_Boy commented
        Editing a comment
        The issue is more likely to be the XIGNCode rather than the Dragon Nest itself.

How I came to this solution was during my Windows Insider days where I fidget/experiment on my laptop and test every settings out.

When I disabled the Windows Defender, it surprisingly works. So I manually tested all the switches in the "Exploit Settings" and came out with these 2 problematic switches DEP and SEHOP.

If I either switches are on, Dragon Nest CAN'T LOAD XIGNCode(The Bottom Right Image) thus not allowing the Dragon Nest to launch at all.
        EG. If I would to let's say Switch on DEP and OFF SEHOP, it would still not run. Likewise for the SEHOP.

Since the Latest APRIL Update is out to the Public (RTM Build 17134), "SOME" might encounter the issues that I had.

So I ought to let people know about this solution.

Of Course like what Mr.Shovels said, I agree it is NOT A RECOMMENDED solution and I also stated in my SideNote to revert back the settings once you played Dragon Nest.

But this solution if for those who are comfortable with it and don't mind for the sake of playing.

Note: For some reason, XIGNCode seemed to be not fully Compatible at times with the APRIL Update of Windows for "SOME" users.
        Last edited by Gaming_Boy; 05-21-2018, 10:25 AM.

• MeshPolygon
        MeshPolygon commented
        Editing a comment
        fiddled? then that was luck? and that luck brought salvation, thanks buddy ~_^

Every Windows 10 major build releases means something big was changed in the inside. components, functions, procedures, etc.. those changes will inevitably break some softwares. This what adds to the work of software developers on Windows platform today. The platform changes more frequent than before. From years. it became months. Now, they have to maintain and update their software on a much tighter schedule to keep up every time something new comes up.

time rack up those lazy dev asses and make them moving. the sad part is im going to be one of them. I just finished IT >_<. what an inopportune time for such scene. gonna jump away from Windows. :P
        Last edited by MeshPolygon; 05-22-2018, 08:13 AM.

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        it just means that windows 10 still has a lot of bugs that most casual users doesn't know about... since most users know that new versions of OS means better, thats their perspective since they usually just want the slick design of W10, but most players who plays games just chose to stick with w7 or w8 since w10 is still fairly new compared to the 2 OS version which is stable, w10 still needs a few more years of update before it stops messing up your computer because of its updates.

Thank you everyone for your time in this thread. I did send a ticket to DN support but yeah i was right, ignored. But luckliy this forum exist, Thank you everyone for you time, very much apprecited

Comment

Gone around searching the Web. The Windows 10 April 2018 Feature Update (version 1803, build 17134; 10.0.17134.xx) did break a lot of applications. And also plagued with so many problems and bugs. It appears to be so problematic at the moment. I advise Windows 10 users to AVOID INSTALLING this feature update for some time, skip this and wait for another feature update, or just stay at earlier stable builds. Avoid the ongoing slaughter.
        Last edited by MeshPolygon; 06-16-2018, 11:24 PM. Reason: added emphasis
        ★ Gintama ❖ 「ヒカリ証明論 / Hikari Shoumeiron」 ❖ CHiCO with HoneyWorks ★

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
        Spotify URI | Spotify Song Link
        Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
        DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

I'm with MeshPolygon on that, unfortunately I have no idea what to recommend in this case. Many software are experiencing the same failures and people had to rollback.

Comment

• MeshPolygon
            MeshPolygon commented
            Editing a comment
            It's all up on software developers to make their software compatible with the latest Windows 10 revision. I'm afraid we will have to wait until then.

The ones that met the worst fate are those incompatible software that are no longer maintained. We will not see them running anymore beyond April 2018 update.

Adding a tool provided by Microsoft that Shows/Hides Windows 10 updates. This would help in skipping problematic updates.
          Microsoft Knowledge Base link and tool:

Some articles about for further reading
          Need to block a new version of Windows 10 from automatically installing? This article will show you how to do it if your hardware or apps are incompatible.
          Last edited by MeshPolygon; 06-14-2018, 05:42 AM.

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
          Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
          DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

Requesting pin/sticky for the topic. It seems a lot of people are going to face this problem.

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
            DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

Working...
            X