Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why sliding knee kick and why have inquisition more than lvl1?

Also what u think of lvl1 grand sigil in inq builds?

Comment

• Aelphaeis
      Aelphaeis commented
      Editing a comment
      There are two reasons why I have inquisition in my build. First, it helps a lot with dailies. The second reason has to do with a theory I have.
      There are many mechanics that are cast by invisible monsters. For inquisition to activate it requires another monster to be within a specific radius. I've been noticing weird behavior which I've been gradually testing with grand cross (since they changed the way it works it can hit these monsters that are summoned in order to cast skills). Its not exactly easy to test because the conditions to test are a pain to recreate but right now I believe that those invisible monsters can activate inquisition.

As for sliding knee kick, its personal preference.

I have no problem with level 1 grand sigil but it might be a little tricky to put in your build.

Hello! I heard that Inquis will be slightly bugged after awakening? In simple layman's terms, what exactly does that entail? And how does it effect play style? I've only heard it being talked about in whispers "The Bug". Sounds ominous. Cx

Anyway , any clarification would be awesome, thank you.

Comment

• Aelphaeis
      Aelphaeis commented
      Editing a comment
      In layman terms. Every now and then your damage gets multiplied by 100... literally.

So to put this into perspective. I presently deal 50 million - 60 million damage per second in IDN. If the bug activates my damage should theoretically go to 5 billion damage per second.

Once your damage gets multiplied it stays like that until the target leaves the area of the offending skill. The offending skill remains in the area and active indefinitely (or until the target leaves the area).

• iZerf
      iZerf commented
      Editing a comment
      But how is that bad? I apologize if I'm not getting something simple, but it kind of reminds me of the bugged grand sigil and how it would do much more damage than it was supposed to. Even if this is a bug, isn't it a good thing for the time being? Or are there mechs that make this a deadly outcome?

• Aelphaeis
      Aelphaeis commented
      Editing a comment
      Lags to the point where neither you or anyone in your party can move.

How do I know whether detonate has proc'ed the spears afterimage? I'm playing inquis on NA right after the awakening patch, and it doesn't look like the spears leave any visible afterimage. Is it meant to be like this (invisible)?

Comment

• Jovion
      Jovion commented
      Editing a comment
      While not an obvious effect, the afterimage should be there. It is a squiggly field of electricity that appears as seen here:

http://i.imgur.com/lkaCsJJ.jpg

When you Detonate the afterimage, that electrical field should explode and do 2 hits per spear applied, each hit being 0.5 coefficient of Judgement Spear's board damage. Afterimages can be Detonated without an electrocution debuff:

http://i.imgur.com/4B0JmkL.jpg

The afterimage has some interesting properties:

1) Multiple afterimages can be stacked on the same target. Typically you will stack a maximum of 3 (2 saved spears and 1 LB-reset spear), they will explode for a max of 6 hits. If for some reason you can apply a CD reduction buff on yourself (say in Guild War PvP), it is possible to stack an unlimited amount of images and explode them for ludicrous damage.
      2) Afterimages are tied to the target that the Spear hits, they "move" with the target.
      3) In spite of this, afterimages persist after the target dies and WILL respond to Detonate.
      4) Afterimage detonation has a small AoE. This means that it can deal damage to targets surrounding your original spear target and combined with (2) means that any afterimages that persist after a target's death can still do damage to surrounding targets.

The final property is slightly broken for PvP and allows you to do some damage in PvE even if the boss does a dash mech that places him far out of range.

The afterimages explosions are independent of Detonate's damage and has an unlimited range:
      http://i.imgur.com/obckc1k.jpg

Here in SEA sometimes it bugs and does not display the afterimage but it is still there and can still be Detonate'd. However, the electrical field appears most of the time.

From my understanding, the current NA client seems to have odd bugs that does not exist in other versions (for the most part, other versions seem to carry similar bugs that are fixed in similar patches, so if a bug appears in patch X and is fixed in patch Y for KDN it will similarly appear in patch X for the rest and be fixed when patch Y appears) so if you don't see the field, it could be another such bug.
      Last edited by Jovion; 12-25-2016, 06:20 PM.

Could you offer a Breakdown of the formula you did on page 2 involving the damage?
    A mechanical Marshmallow.

Comment

• Aelphaeis
      Aelphaeis commented
      Editing a comment
      Its no longer applicable. That information was pre - awakening.

https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/na/...-0-00-----0--0

What u think of this build? It's a more tankier, raid friendly build. Sigil and protection shell for raids, toughness just cuz. I didn't get lightning relic because I don't know how to use it and the rotation doesn't really need anymore filler. Also I droped GC to 1, after some testing with a friend and found that Spear+detonate, does more dmg under cons. than gc, There's really no time to use after consec. hb + lightning storm.

Comment

• Aelphaeis
      Aelphaeis commented
      Editing a comment
      SnowiieX
      What is your rotation?
      I used the build that appears on the first page (level 16 grand cross) and I did a very basic 16 skill combo which goes like this :
      MS > D > C > LS > HB > MS > GC > JS > VB > JS > LB > JS > D > HB > GC > CL.

These are my results :

Typically, this the series of skills I'll open my combo's with.
      My grand cross is level 16.

In full raids with the exact same build my damage looks something like this :

• SnowiieX
      SnowiieX commented
      Editing a comment
      @Aelphaeis
      I think the most comfortable rotation I got so far is
      MS>C>HB>GC>LS>MS>JS>JS>LB>JS>D>(consecrated gone, so fill with w.e depending on boss)

Tried alot of rotations like MS>C>HB>LS>GC>MS>JS>JS>LB>JS>D
      MS>C>LS>HB>GC>MS>JS>JS>LB>JS>D
      But concsecrate is usually gone by the 1st JS

• SnowiieX
      SnowiieX commented
      Editing a comment
      Aelphaeis
      I would think the numbers might change on actual bosses, but these r the ones I get from golem.
      Also I have a GC tech(which would be replaced by genesis ring) and the dmg crest for GC
      Last edited by SnowiieX; 12-30-2016, 07:52 PM.

Hi, I'm currently using Techniques and was thinking of doing the RDN's jewelry combo. Would you recommend me to make that change? If so, what would be best? Necklace, earring, and a ring keeping the Technique of Consagration or 2x rings with necklace? Tyvm

Comment

• Aelphaeis
      Aelphaeis commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd recommend using Ice Dragon Nest accessories.
      Ice Dragon Nest gives a little bit more stats and its not tied to a set bonus and that is a big deal for you as an inquisitor. It gives you more flexibility to upgrade and test with technique accessories.

They're releasing level 90 legendary gem which will give you the vitality that you lose from going from RDN to IDN L as well as more stats.

However; if you're set on using RDN accessories then Necklace, Earring and Ring + Consecration Technique Accessory is what I used.

• xYoshioka
      xYoshioka commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.

While reading through the skills, I was wondering how First Aid worked it doesn't really specify what the holy attack is. Also how much does it heal
    Thank you

Comment

• Aelphaeis
      Aelphaeis commented
      Editing a comment
      I've never seen first aid deal damage; however, the heal does exactly as much as it says.

For me self buffed in field I have 346600 - 379053 magic attack.
      That means with no modifiers my first aid should heal 870783 on average.
      With tree of life gem and redemption aura I should heal 1175558 based on the previous number
      With healing gems activating I should be healing around 1872184 or 1.8 m.

In an actual raid setting I've been healed over 2m health before.

This assumes that healing modifiers are additive. To be completely honest I never tested that.
      Last edited by Aelphaeis; 01-14-2017, 07:01 PM.

Hey aelphaeis, I'm a new inquisitor and I enjoy playing the class. I was wondering what is a regular rotation for nests/raids? I saw the rotation earlier, but what's VB?
    Reaper(Main): Deishuu
    LightBringer(SubMain): llPhantom

Comment

• Young
      Young commented
      Editing a comment
      VB is Vengeance Blast, But its called Avenging Wave after its awakened.

As for a rotation I usually go MS>Consec>Deto/Deto pass>HB>GC>JS>AW>LS>JS>LB>CL>JS>HB>GC and use Heavenly judgement where you can as a filler
      Last edited by Young; 01-25-2017, 03:03 PM.

• Aelphaeis
      Aelphaeis commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that @Young
      old habits die hard.

• llStorm
      llStorm commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks a lot Young I'm enjoying inquisitor a lot and I just want to maximize my dps as much as possible. Thanks again

Just a reminder (because people have been asking me in game) :
    This thread is actually maintained.
    If given the choice to ask me here or elsewhere, it is more sensible to ask me as this makes it more accessible to others (who frequently have the same question)
    Discord : * Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ *#4267
    Main Character : Aelphaeis

Comment

• Sgtsagara
      Sgtsagara commented
      Editing a comment
      Me and 2 friends are going to do nests in a 1 tank & 2 DPS comp (Destroyer, Windwalker and Inqui). Do u recommend using cure relic for debuffing? (for some utility) or is not worth it currently? (The bosses dont have too many nasty debuffs).

• Aelphaeis
      Aelphaeis commented
      Editing a comment
      Genuinely, I don't think that you need it and it hurts your primary role too much.

Hey Aelphaeis some questions here:
    Me and my friends just hit 93 and already did the growth guide (so we have some theanos equip) and we are trying to do the Typhoon 93 nest (Already did manticore for training). We also bought some talisman, crests and acces from market.

Do you recommend using stat+crit or stat+vit dragon jades?
    Speed is important in nest run? (we are 3 as i said in my previous comment)
    How much HP and crit is recommended at the beginning for nesting? Currently my inqui has 48% crit with 950k unbuffed (iam using 1 wind dragon jade and Int/crit jades)
    How much DPS should i be doing in the bosses? (i know this could be difficult to maintain depending on the boss, but we can have an <average> to compare).

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Aelphaeis
      Aelphaeis commented
      Editing a comment
      I was absolutely positive I responded to this; however, I guess I didn't. Sorry for the extremely delayed response. Better late than never? (pls don't kill me)

1) Whether or not speed is important is really dependent on the nest. In my experience, speed does matter; however, I think in your situation it might not be the most important factor.
      2) For inquisitor Critical chance is an extremely important stat and I'd recommend rushing to max that stat.
      3) In the very beginning, I'd recommend health. You're trying to learn the mechanics. Once you're comfortable, remove as many vit gems as you feel comfortable and switch them with Crit gems until you're max crit for whatever content you're doing.
      4) Give me your :
      Max Magic Attack
      Min Magic Attack
      Light Attack
      Final Damage
      Critical
      Critical Damage

• Sgtsagara
      Sgtsagara commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, thanks for the response i wasnt checking the forum lately and didnt notice.

I have some news:
      We managed to farm Kim and Professor K hardcore with our 3 man party now
      Our next objetive is Deep sea dragon (we completed it once, but with several deaths)

I still have doubts with the crit. You say that i need more crit (i agree), but how much HP should i retain at least?

Here are my new stats (No buffs):
      Hp: 1,897,093
      Magic attack: 125467 - 146338
      Light attck: 45.40
      Final dmg: 510
      Crit: 180311 (49%)
      Crit dmg: 175608 (221%)

We are having problems with the mechanics that required burst dmg (ice prison for example). More reasons to spec for crit xD?

Thanks!

Is it still worth getting Holy Kick to lvl 6 anymore?

Comment

• FLCLnoodles
      FLCLnoodles commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't played DN since before early 90 cap. What things need to be pushed because all I could remember was Volcano Nest rocks and RDN statue things lol. I also recall Holy Kick lvl 6 range being nerfed. Is that still a thing or has it changed any?

• Aelphaeis
      Aelphaeis commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not aware of any nerfs to the range; however, the current raid (Ice Dragon Nest) has a significant amount of pushing mechanics.

• FLCLnoodles
      FLCLnoodles commented
      Editing a comment
      Aelphaeis oh thanks for the reply! I've been gone so long that I haven't tried IDN yet.

So what's the consensus on class mastery III? I've heard some people praise its high damage and others deride it as overrated. Should I take it?

Comment

• Aelphaeis
      Aelphaeis commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely take it. Its worth getting and definitely worth the SP investment. It is also one of your strongest skills if you consider cool downs.

do inquis still have good dps in 95 cap? kinda hard to choose if i should go for my inqui or AH which others say its better.

Comment

Working...
    X