• Show
Clear All

Soul Eater pre-Awakening skill balancing~

Kali:

Phantom Guard >
    No longer consumes MP when damaged.
    Damage reduction reduced from 26% to 20%
    Super Armor Bonus Decreased from 200% to 50%
    Duration decreased from 29 seconds to 20 seconds.

Screamer:

Blitz Claw >
    The requirement to learn Blitz Claw will be removed.

Rampage Claw >
    The additional stun chance is removed.
    The additional damage that occurs to a target that is Stun Immune is removed.
    Damage is now 4923% from 1306%.

Hands of Vengeance >
    Cooldown is reduced by skill acquisition level.
    Cooldown time is based on max HoV level(?).

Phantom Avenger >
    Fixed an issue where the Cooldown recovery effect was also applied to Phantom Avenger.
    No longer grants invincibility.
    Level 3 duration increased from 18 to 21 seconds.
    Maximum damage decreased from 7723% to 3530%.

Humiliation >
    Has been increased to level 19.

Spirit Creeps >
    The Curse debuff has been removed.

Ghost Gate >
    The Curse Debuff has been removed.

Cooldown reduced from 35 to 28 seconds.

Spirit Wolf >
    The Curse Debuff has been removed.

Begrudge >
    Cooldown reduced to 25 seconds from 45 seconds.
    Damage increased from 118% to 1358% at max rank.

Soul Eater:

Soul Shriek >
    Max level is now 13
    Damage increased from 1105% > 3600%

Class Mastery I >
    INT increases by 50%.

Spirit Creeps EX >
    Curse debuff is added.

Specter of Torment EX >
    The additional damage from exploding Ghost Curse has been decreased from 300% to 150%.

Class Mastery II >
    The damage bonus has increased from 12% to 30%.

Congrats, ED has successfully dumpstered Dark Summoner by removing Curse from the Screamer tree LOL
    Guild Master of FluffyTail
    Donkay#9247

Donkay - 93 Inquisitor | Donkali - 93 Soul Eater

Donkali's Guide | Twitch

Comment

• Arctiic
      Arctiic commented
      Editing a comment
      Hands of vegeance is the same revenge hand, i guess.. So, its cooldown aint reduced on peak lvls anymore (if im not misunderstanding ur post x.x )

And yeah... DS will have a bit of trouble (or big) on joinning parties... i see they tried to pay the curse remov by changing revenge hand's EX debuff to DMG increase, instead of crit. So, she would join in parties to stack dmg debuff :T

Woot! Can't wait for these changes to come to NA ^~^. I'm going to miss the invincibility on PA though! Looks like you were right when we were talking about specter that they would probably have to nerf the ghost curse damage too allow us to use more ghosts haha. Also looking at the other thread where it says:
    [Awakening Passive]Cling Snake: Recover Cling Snake cooldown when skill is successfully hit
    If you happen to know if this completely recovers as in reset? or a certain amount per snake hit? and if it also is including instant snakes?

Comment

• Donkay
      Donkay commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think it stacks to 30% lmao, that's kinda broken.

I tried the Instant and it didn't work for me, I hope this is a bug though.

And you still do have to choose to heal or do damage, because if you want to heal you cannot use Soul Liberation (cause you gotta hold onto the 30 souls).

• Arctiic
      Arctiic commented
      Editing a comment
      what i mean is, we wont spend bubbles on heal skill xD its just a passive.

well, then, what kind of debuff improvement they did to SE? u know anything regard it? lmao cuz remove the curse access of DS aint a improvement xD

also, i was waiting them to do anything regard Negative Ghosts (sorry, im not used with NA skill names yet)... this kali's skill is soooo SE :v

• Donkay
      Donkay commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll address your last question first; Ghostly Surrender wasn't touched at all.

And yep that's all they did, remove Curse from DS, and make them a pure DPS.

Thank you for this guide! I've been wondering whether or not I've been using the passive correctly and now I know. Very helpful, especially the animation cancels.
    "Fae"
    Faera Lvl 93 Dragoon
    Kemti Lvl 93 Soul Eater
    Dzul Lvl 93 Barbarian
    And others~

Comment

• Donkay
      Donkay commented
      Editing a comment
      You're welcome~

We got a new wave of balancing for Screamer, I'll update my guide to reflect on these changes.
    Donkay#9247

Donkali's Guide | Twitch

Comment

sir is this a PVP or PVE build? how about spirit blow and rampage claw?

Comment

• Donkay
        Donkay commented
        Editing a comment
        This is a PvE guide. I'm not good at all in PvP haha.

Is the only good stated tech ring the magic dmg with dark atk, or is crit with dark attack also good?

Comment

• Donkay
        Donkay commented
        Editing a comment
        Crit's good too, especially if you aren't crit-capped.

how about dark summoner sir do you have a a guid or know a good guid for DS? because I cant see any DS updated guide.. coz I feel like going DS for claw claw claw. hahaha

Comment

• Donkay
        Donkay commented
        Editing a comment
        I was planning on adding a little excerpt for DS since nobody really made a guide for them :/
        My answer is not for now though. I will say I wouldn't play DS till Awakening.

This class is for sum ho's bruh

Comment

TY sir , is SE is better PVE than DS?

Comment

• Donkay
          Donkay commented
          Editing a comment
          For now.
          When Awakening comes it's hard to tell but they should be on par at least.

sir can you please update for the awakening guide... TIA

Comment

Hi! do you have updated skill build for soul eater after awakening? they just awakened kali here in sea. thanks.

Comment

• Donkay
            Donkay commented
            Editing a comment
            I forgot that SEA just updated LOL, I will post an update later today if that's the case. Please be patient for a little while longer~

• sainttan23
            sainttan23 commented
            Editing a comment
            we'll wait sir thanks.

thankyou sir waiting for update..

Comment

Apologies for the delay. I'm unable to do a full update right now but I can at least provide you guys with a build while you wait:

https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/sea...-0-00-----0--0

Phantom Guard is viable to take so if you want to drop needles, go for it if you need that extra defense.

You can also mess around with the points in Chain Claw and Hands of Vengeance, but do not drop Chain Claw, it's still staple for optimal rotation.

If you only use your Soul Eater for raiding and have no need for puppet (a Sharpshooter with Walking Target already makes Puppet useless lmao), you can drop it and shove the points into Chain Claw/Hands of Vengeance/Needles/Phantom Guard, although this isn't really recommended if you plan to do any solo stuff at all.

I will cover rotations and such when I can get to my PC @_@ sorry again~
            Donkay#9247

Donkali's Guide | Twitch

Comment

• Donkay
              Donkay commented
              Editing a comment
              Partially updated the Guide. Will finish the rest tomorrow.

• sainttan23
              sainttan23 commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks sir donkay

Hi just wanted to say you're awesome for making this guide. I recently made a Soul Eater as a second main (Main is Blade Dancer, the Kali class is soooo fun to play) and this helped a lot with getting a good start with my potential gearing and skill build.

I have a couple of questions, though: 1) Why don't you put any points in Spirit Twinge? Do you only do raids and find that it's useless in those settings?

2) Do you know if we'll get reset scrolls when we complete the awakening quest?

Comment

• Donkay
              Donkay commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey, thanks for the kind words! Let me answer your questions:

1) Realistically speaking, we don't have a lot of SP to work with, and unlike Dark Summoner we don't really have any need to take this move (it's more of a move you'd take in PvP.)

It also does mediocre damage but if you need the crowd control for dailies or something I guess you could take it (although we have a bunch of other CC that doesn't really demand we take this either). I just don't see a reason for taking this skill at all.

2) All Awakened classes for the second wave got their builds reset, so hopefully we get ours reset too.

Thanks for the questions!

• KamijouKid
              KamijouKid commented
              Editing a comment
              Okay I understand why now O: Thanks for the clarification~

Please, dont be mad at me Dx but i need to ask... are you sure that curse has crit resist debuff? AFAIK it only reduces Elemental resist... the only crit resist debuff from SE is Soul shriek :T (Hands of vengeance EX for DS, dusk hunter EX for SD and graze dance EX for BD <= these r all crit resist debuffs from other Kali jobs). Also, about curse dmg increase to Soul Shriek... i'd like you to explain me if its a trick or something, because, as the skill's tooltip says, the bonus dmg is only to Dragon Bite (Dragon bite has 15% bonus dmg on cursed targets, but, when casts soul Shriek a buff of 6s that enhances Dragon bite extra dmg to 30% is given)..

also...

[Awakening Passive] Soul Shriek is my only "?" at this Awakening. It allows you to absorb 10 Soul if you hit with Soul Shriek. It feels like they ran out of ideas and put this in there as filler, when it could have easily been part of [Awakening Passive] Soul Eater.
            I laughed my ass off when read it xDD Damn devs should set this skill's debuff to also enhance Ghostly surrender's dmg about 1000%

Comment

• Donkay
              Donkay commented
              Editing a comment
              I meant to fix the thing about Soul Shriek / Dragon Bite a while ago but I think I kept forgetting LMAO, I remember someone else telling me before that that was the case. I'll fix it now (as well as finish updating my guide). Thank you for the comment.
              And the Curse thing is probably correct (although there's no real way to test it) so I'll change that too, thank you~

I agree, I would have liked to see Ghostly Surrender be a viable tool for Soul Eater but I guess it wasn't meant to me :/

Edit: hold on a second, I already fixed the dragon bite thing >:T
              Last edited by Donkay; 01-28-2017, 10:10 AM.

• Arctiic
              Arctiic commented
              Editing a comment
              Donkay HAHAHAHA sorry!! Its the "curse explanation" thing! I didnt realised that i dont specified, my bad xD

Curse is what Screamers (mostly Soul Eater) are known [...] This debuff, like Stigma, also enhances Soul Shriek and Dragon Bite to do extra damage. Spirit Creeps and Summon Totem inflict this debuff.
              *gives a cookie* forgive me

• Donkay
              Donkay commented
              Editing a comment
              OH over there yeah mb that's not right, thanks LOL
          Working...
          X