Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give us decent voice acting !!!

http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/su...for-eyedentity

Since Eyedentity wants to do things differently, here is a poll to help you guys decide what to do to please your community.

Cauz right now, it's really sad that we can't get any voices for new content. The game loses a part of that touch that makes DN an anime action RPG. A lot of new players continue to play the game only cauz they are interested by the story. Voices are important for immersion.
    Be it korean, japanese or whatever...

Since nexon failed to recruit the same dude that made the warrior's voice and had to add voices of another dude for dark avenger, this only means that if you guys try to add english voices, you gonna just screw up the overall voice-acting worse than nexon.

That's why I haven't included an option to have new english voices, it would ruin the whole experience.

I hope the developpers gonna read this, cauz for so long, the NA community has never been heard by developpers. Let's prove us wrong.
    I want JP voices
    23.91%
    I want KR voices
    60.87%
    I want NA voices, with voiceless new quests/NPCs/awakened skills
    15.22%

Its complicated, In my opinion adding Korean and/or Japanese voice acting to cut scenes or whatever would be off putting as our version is meant to be an english version. At the same time its probably impossible for eyedentity to even hire the same voice actors for the appropriate characters so we would then have to get new NA voice actors for future story quests, npcs, skill battle cries, etc. So Imagine hearing Gerants Voice in one cut scene and in a later cut-scene its completely different.

The whole thing is a headache. But I guess having Different North American Voice actors would be the best option. Just imagine it like Pokemon when 4kids lost the rights to dub the anime and A whole new voice acting cast was made. Took a long while to get used to but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrache View Post
      Its complicated, In my opinion adding Korean and/or Japanese voice acting to cut scenes or whatever would be off putting as our version is meant to be an english version. At the same time its probably impossible for eyedentity to even hire the same voice actors for the appropriate characters so we would then have to get new NA voice actors for future story quests, npcs, skill battle cries, etc. So Imagine hearing Gerants Voice in one cut scene and in a later cut-scene its completely different.

The whole thing is a headache. But I guess having Different North American Voice actors would be the best option. Just imagine it like Pokemon when 4kids lost the rights to dub the anime and A whole new voice acting cast was made. Took a long while to get used to but it is what it is.
      Talking about completely replacing voices with KR or JP ones, which would cost less the devs while maintaining a certain standard of quality. I don't think ED will hire new voice actors to replace all voices, it would take too much time.
      Yep, it would be so great to continue to have english voice acting by replacing everything...but it costs too much and takes a lot of time, so for me personaly, KR or JP are the best options.

Comment

I wasnt saying to redubb everything.
        Thats like if they redubbed all the old Pokemon Episodes with that New Voice acting cast.
        I think the best solution is to just have New content with new NA Voice Actors.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrache View Post
          I wasnt saying to redubb everything.
          Thats like if they redubbed all the old Pokemon Episodes with that New Voice acting cast.
          I think the best solution is to just have New content with new NA Voice Actors.
          That would be dumb, I mean, you would have two different voices for each class, two different voices for main characters like Rajuul and Gerraint, that's worse than redubbing.

Comment

So you too have failed me XD-26!

Comment

Here is my poll that I've had for nearly a week+. It was from before NA re-launch. http://www.strawpoll.me/11283280/r

Comment

i was thinking of creating new english voices for the game, but will have to wait till i have time to do so, then just show them and see if they like it
                Last edited by Nexus; 10-03-2016, 06:55 PM.
                Discord: Sir_Nexus#5463
                LK: NexusDragon
                LK: Chapters
                LK: NexusReborn
                AH: Master
                BM: Colourful
                Saint: NexusRaiju
                Saint: NexusAtlas
                Saint: Depths
                BD: NexusUri
                Barb: NexusBehemth
                IW: NexusYuki
                DA: NexusFyre
                GM: NexusRobot
                Sniper: NexusGaia

Reaper: NexusPhoenix
                RM: Marshmallow
                Tink: Squishu
                Valk: NexusAura
                Patrona: NexusAyva
                Hunter: NexusAngel
                OE: TheGoddess
                BP: HeavyHeart

Comment

Thx for adding the other poll, but too complicated to put fractionned voice acting. We better have only 1 voice pack, not a mixed bag of voices packs.

Comment

Weeb couldn't handle the English now he wants the Korean but you go to Japan and ask WHERE THE SUBTITLES BEO? HELLO?!?
                    Discord - Steve#4350
                    YouTube
                    Twitch

Comment

Actually... would it really be that hard to revoice/recast all of the characters? I mean, this game has bare minimal lines anyway. Most of the quests (except for cutscenes) have the NPCs say something generic while all the meaty dialogue is in the bubble below. Not to mention majority of the voices are reused (except for Melin...). And for those one of characters, you can keep their current voice files.

Basically the only voices you'll need to fill are for playable characters, recurring characters, and new characters (if they aren't a copy of an existing NPC). And just from that selection, they barely have any lines at all.

Comment

There's subs. Animes do this all the time for English viewers. So all Korean wouldn't be a problem for me at all, I just want those poop, disease infested Nexon Voices out of here.

Comment

Originally posted by Laxin View Post
                          There's subs. Animes do this all the time for English viewers. So all Korean wouldn't be a problem for me at all, I just want those poop, disease infested Nexon Voices out of here.

Comment

Just get a damn voice mod.
                            Gears : Gear Master

Comment

Originally posted by Gears View Post
                              Just get a damn voice mod.
                              Outdated. If you can upload a recent one, I wouldn't say no.

Comment

Working...
                              X