Compensation for Being Blocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compensation for Being Blocked

Here is the whole event for me, as well as for many other players who got wrongfully blocked for almost two weeks:

- Dec 12th morning (2 days before monthly patch), I got blocked with 1002 error
    - I sent a support ticket immediately
    - Dec 13th morning I received an email response from CC asking for character details, to which I responded
    - Later that night I was unblocked with no notification (still no response from CC)
    - Post patch noon Dec 14th, after almost two days CC finally responded that "After checking your account ***. It is found not suspended nor blocked."
    - Dec 15th morning, I got blocked again, which I sent another ticket
    - For three days I didn't get any response (it's weekend chances are they are off)
    - Dec 18th a notice on main website stated that 90 accounts have been perma banned due to illegal gold trading and tools. I have never done any of those, and it still said account blocked instead of account banned.
    - Same night I received response "Please rest assured that we have forwarded your issue to the respective in-charge for further assistance. We will get back to you once a resolution has been reached."
    - Then there was no response whatsoever for over a week. During which I contacted GMs but there wasn't anything they could do.
    - Dec 26th morning, I am finally unblocked and able to log on. To this moment, I still haven't received any response from CC

Clearly I was wrongfully blocked as well as many other players, evidenced by the fact that we were "blocked" instead of "banned," as well as getting blocked and unblocked twice already.
    I understand that, there are way too many bot accounts to ban individually, so it is more efficient to mass ban and then unban innocent players afterwards.
    But really? For almost two weeks I was unable to play, and worst of all there was no response from CC to communicate the current situation.
    (Also, if you are doing mass ban then unban, isn't it very obvious that you shouldn't do it right before a weekend/holiday and then bail?)

Here are things that I missed during this 2 week period:
    - All Christmas events
    - Daily 500 DNP
    - Daily 5 eggs and 500 DNP from ongoing VIP
    - VIP expired along with its discount coupon for next month
    - Monthly attendance calender which I now can never reach near the end
    - All 2 weeks of in game content. Nests, raids, dailies, merc explorations, nightmare stages, ddf, weekly cubes, etc

Will there be compensation? I'm not expecting anything great, but nothing at all would certainly show to what degree ED cares about us players.

This whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth.
    There was zero communication between ED/CC and players who got affected during the time period. The only announcement they made claims that the 90 accounts they banned were of illegal gold trading and usage of tools, but did not address or admit innocent players who got wrongfully banned. This gave public the impression that those who got blocked were guilty of gold buying, and take a look at forum, how many players cried out for help, and all they got from other people were "stop buying gold"? During this time period even I was being called a gold buyer when I couldn't defend myself with 0 response from ED/CC and was blocked.
    There are zero acknowledgement that this event happened and affected many many innocent players. Chances are, just like many past incidents, ED/CC won't give out any compensation and just let this fade.

To say I am disappointed is an understatement.

I sen't the support ticket a little late because I didn't know how to do it .... I never had problems playing this game . They replied the same "Please rest assured that we have forwarded your issue to the respective in-charge for further assistance. We will get back to you once a resolution has been reached." but I never recieved the mail back from them . I'm not able to log since that patch . And I'm playing from South America in my country I'm not able to do any kind of transaction because we are not allowed to do trades with another currency , we have to go thru the government and a lot of legal process etc , its not worth just to spend some money to the game . So in fact I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT ANY GOLD , NOR USED BOT . I was WRONGLY banned and they never replied me back...

my IGN is Myrene and you can ask the guild Hikari that I farmed for everything since I started playing ...

Comment

• Hatsu
      Hatsu commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks Fox I'll try to PM a GM to ask them . They told me this look the message in the mail

Cherry Gardener (Cherry Messenger)

Dec 21, 19:12 +08

Dear Player,

Please note that we have forwarded this issue to the respective department for checking and assistance. We will get back to you as soon as a resolution has been reached.

We appreciate your patience and continued support.

This is just the answer to my mail that was about Dec 16

• pinocallada
      pinocallada commented
      Editing a comment
      I can vouch.
      <Hikari Guild Master

• Hatsu
      Hatsu commented
      Editing a comment
      You are Bunny? Hey , I don't know what happened I wanted to play but they random banned me for no reason and they still didn't answer back

Wow, I'm so sorry that you were wrongfully blocked. ED clearly screwed up since I've seen quite a few other threads on this issue (Or at least ones that haven't been deleted yet..)
    It also doesn't help that others on forums want to quickly jump and say "oh well you bought or sold gold, you deserved it" rather than trying to help look for an answer or something.
    I get everyone wants to defend ED, but they aren't without fault-

I honestly hope you get compensated, especially because of the VIP. I think they owe you that. Hopefully your post and others will get noticed so something can maybe be done.
    IGN(s): Arcadia, Ray Mech (Main)
    Briala, Tempest
    Mijirn, Physician

Comment

• Hatsu
      Hatsu commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah everybody just launched the you are gold buyer accusations knowing sh*t about what happened , they just pointed fingers to people who did nothing and lost a lot of grinding time and playing ... and still didn't get a proper answer from the staff of the game....

+1 on this post.

Comment

Probably tracked the gold you've borrowed from other players who've probably bought gold. That's how a friend of mines was also caught up in this mess but he got his account back and his buddy who traded him gold account is still locked. Just saying.

Comment

• Hatsu
        Hatsu commented
        Editing a comment
        Impossible , I'm new in this server I don't know anybody and I never asked for gold in Hikari Guild , you can ask to them . So I never got gold from another player , only trading plates or Trading House

Really sad for this to happen to one of the few end game players that still keeps things 100% honest.

A gesture of good will in the form of compensation for at the VERY LEAST VIP rewards + a new max discount discount coupon, and communication from the staff would go a long way towards restoring the community's faith.

#unbloxthefox

Comment

It's pretty sad that ED goes through so much trouble to ban bots and curb goldbuying and instead:
        1) fails to put any reasonable dent in the bot population (a little bit of data science and analytics knowledge would make this VERY EASY instead of banning by hand/using dubious scripts that tend to ban a lot of innocent people. Heck, hire a data science intern from the local college or make it a senior project, I'm sure there are data science students available that would love to tackle the bot-not-bot problem in a rich dataset like DN's)
        2) manages to ban a significant number of innocent people every time they try to ban bots because of a bad algorithm, choice of filter, or lack of basic reasoning skills, and then drags their feet to rectify the issue
        3) decides to make a move a week before the holidays and then goes on holiday with issues (DON'T MAKE CHANGES THAT YOU NEED TO FIX BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS. THIS IS SOFTWARE MANAGEMENT 101).
        4) GMs who are often available can't do anything at all and have to often take the brunt of the feedback for days/weeks while you drag your feet

At least FIX your mistakes and own up for them. It isn't hard. Smaller game companies and bigger game companies have significantly better service than you do. Happy customers are paying customers and there isn't much that is helping with that right now.
        Last edited by Vahrheit; 12-27-2017, 08:06 AM.
        WahrBot developer | Divinitor developer | My twitch.tv | Discord: Vahr#9959

I swear I'm an LK main

Comment

You know what is the worst of this? They DON'T EVEN ANSWER BACK .... a lot of player are hanging in the Mail waiting for a f***ing response , and they are like .... hahaha we give a crap about our players . This is really outrageous

Comment

give us 100 free film rolls and ascension cubes!!! yaya!!!!

I hope you enjoyed your holiday

daily "ed sucks" reminder

they'll never be able to respond fast enough unless they actually invest in an NA based customer support team

http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/ge...gher-authority

https://www.facebook.com/dragonnests...44624605585023
            Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
            Who guards the guardians?

Comment

funny cause this is the 3rd time I get blocked, and they don't reply back to emails. like is this a joke? I was fine today and I leave for a couple of hours and I'm back a boom again blocked like fixed ya shit man

Comment

This is what happens when you have some buck ass employees that don't care about the NA population because the Asian market already makes so much money. Let's be real - ED is in it for the money as well. They could care less about their players as long as money goes into their pockets. Now that money isn't going into their pockets, they are finally trying to take action and failing miserably.

I'm not one of the banned people thankfully, but fuck ED for handling this so poorly. You can be sure that you'll have some random ass guy who can barely type in English, much less read it, looking at your request for compensation. At most you'll receive a couple Dragon eggs and they'll call it a day.

There is no way this small ass player base is hard to deal with. Blizzard players sometimes don't get compensated (e.g. Overwatch's competitive bug regarding -50 SR in loading time), but to be fair that is a big player base and I'm sure they do have plans to fix it. On the other hand, there is what 1000 active players here? How hard is it to go through the 5000 assassins' with the name KFIJIAS and delete all the gold?

But seriously, I hope you get everything you listed up there back and more. Everyone who was wrongfully affected by this should receive so much more.

Comment

A little update, I am blocked once again for the 3rd time this morning (28th). I don't know what to say.

Comment

FREE THE FOX. Shes been caged long enough! My pitchforks and torches are ready.

Comment

+1. Save the Sniper!
                      Discord: Fabulous #3971
                      You will need to join DN Class Discussion, NA, EU, or SEA Discord servers to find me because of the emoji in my tag.
                      Class Updates Document
                      Chaos Mage/Majesty In-Depth Guide
                      YouTube Channel

Comment

ED please improve your methods and clarity, this is not ok.

And you better compensate Foxy, Joni, ImmaGiveAid, and all the others properly.

If you want to make more money, quit screwing over your own players. I realize you're trying to enforce policy for once (for whatever reason, you've let actual gold abusers run rampant since transfer without doing anything and now decide its time to do something about it and affect too many innocent people) but its backfiring horribly. Save yourself the extra work, undo the mistakes, and tackle the root cause (the bots). We'll be happy and you'll have much less gold abuse, making it a win-win.
                        Last edited by Vahrheit; 12-29-2017, 02:46 AM.
                        WahrBot developer | Divinitor developer | My twitch.tv | Discord: Vahr#9959

I swear I'm an LK main

Comment

Working...
                        X