Can we not do Military Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we not do Military Time?

I think it's dumb. We're gamers not army mens/womens. Just stick to PST/EST etc...

aka 24 hour clock, i also agree that it feels kinda dumb, but only because we're not use to it. good time to learn maybe?
    IGN: SupportYou

Class: Chaos Mage

Discord: Yujin#3298

Comment

Just minus 12 from the number, it's hardly an issue...
      I actually find 24 hr time less confusing when it comes to dealing with times outside my time zone.

░░║ TwitterTumblrArt Thread ⁞ MechaMuffin#0951║░░

Comment

Reading a 24 hour clock should've been something you were tought as a kid?
        Barbarian | Annihilator
        Raven | Tsuyoshi

Discord: ₳₦₦łⱧłⱠ₳₮ØⱤ #8528

Comment

• Some Asian Guy
          Some Asian Guy commented
          Editing a comment
          we learn am and pm, dont worry, we know how to tell time

Originally posted by GatTheRipper View Post
        Reading a 24 hour clock should've been something you were tought as a kid?
        It's not taught in the US, but very easy to learn. If it is taught in the US, it's taught as a very unimportant, don't need to memorize this ever type of thing.

Making AM/PM would increase quality of life for the user base, but the whole thing is marginal at best, but it does alienate some of their potential player base.

Yaya do you mind letting our publishers/developers know about this issue? I apologize for constantly calling you!
        Dragoon
        TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

• Yaya
          Yaya commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll forward the feedback.

Thank you!

Originally posted by aaron View Post

It's not taught in the US, but very easy to learn. If it is taught in the US, it's taught as a very unimportant, don't need to memorize this ever type of thing.

Making AM/PM would increase quality of life for the user base, but the whole thing is marginal at best, but it does alienate some of their potential player base.

Yaya do you mind letting our publishers/developers know about this issue? I apologize for constantly calling you!
        Ah fair enough then, I live in Australia and was tought as a child how to read a 24 hour clock, not important important, but still handy to learn I guess.
        Barbarian | Annihilator
        Raven | Tsuyoshi

Discord: ₳₦₦łⱧłⱠ₳₮ØⱤ #8528

Comment

Its taught every where in the world. In elementary, high school, and some courses in colleges and university they don't teach it. However, specific courses do, because its essential.

Comment

• Aisuru
            Aisuru commented
            Editing a comment
            Not here in the States. To be honest, I don't believe I ever saw it used during any of my years in education. I pretty much learned it from video games.

• MonD
            MonD commented
            Editing a comment
            it is. Nursing is an example.

They really should make it PST/EST and AM/PM to be honest... Military time is quite bizarre when this is the only game that uses it.

Comment

Yeah, it's honestly not that widely taught in the U.S.

Only reasons I really knew about it was 1) at least two of my uncles were in the military, so it was only natural that I'd learn about military time as some point, and 2) M*A*S*H is one of my favorite television series. Along with a few other moments, I had enough exposure to military time to eventually figure out how it worked. I don't always like when it's used outside of military-focused situations, but I can still understand what's being mentioned. Only real issue for me is remembering how the timezones differ (I'm Central Time, which is almost never mentioned outside of the time zone, so I have to remember the difference from other timezones to figure out event times).

Comment

And it's not even real military time zone.

They use PST and EST, but not UTC offset.

And on some event pages they forgot to list some tzs, too

Comment

I think it's a refreshing thing to use. Just consider it a universal way of reading time, and it'll be handy during those once-in-a-while moments.

Comment

I'm failing to understand why military time is a big problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Blurlight View Post
                    I'm failing to understand why military time is a big problem.
                    No one said it was, which is why you're failing to understand why military time is a big problem.
                    Dragoon
                    TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

• Blurlight
                      Blurlight commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you for clearing my doubts

Originally posted by ViperLily View Post
                    I think it's dumb. We're gamers not army mens/womens. Just stick to PST/EST etc...
                    Or you could like, ya know, not be a dumbshit and actually try to learn it, it might be a useful skill in the future once the World War 3 has ended between US/Russia/North Korea.
                    I main a dead class (Destroyer)

Comment

Also please change skill descriptions to use feet instead of meters. Most Americans I party with don't know the range of their skills.

Comment

Working...
                      X