Imposters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imposters

alright... i just got this got this picture from my group.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	agMeIPk.jpg Views:	1 Size:	68.4 KB ID:	123799

Player's named "IcEzSakuRa" just got banned. From info i got, he got banned cz "imposter", someone make IGN similiar with his IGN which is changing I (capital i) with l (lowercase L). And that guy with similiar IGN with icesakura cheats others player (just in my opinion) and someone report it. and after that he got banned. So... did ED can't even check it first before they banned the players? did ED can't even distinguish between Capital i and Lowercase L? it's so unsettling. really.

and now... this is what happen.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	cZfCTaG.jpg Views:	1 Size:	15.3 KB ID:	123800

Click image for larger version  Name:	55vxraE.png Views:	1 Size:	91.1 KB ID:	123801

and the imposter makes the similiar IGN like mine, Kil(capital I)lerDi. he PMing my guildmate and asking for gold. he said need gold to my guildmate using my IGN. so now what?

i hope ED can do something about this.

Why are you posting on his behalf? Do you have confirmation that he got banned wrongly by ED due to mistaken identity with the imposter? Have you heard ED's side of the story before attacking them?

Just some points to be answered when looking at this objectively.
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you icesakura or a fanboy? Lol. I lose nothing by standing by my opinion that bans do not happen without reason.

• Vaddix
      Vaddix commented
      Editing a comment
      I understand where Xeno is coming from but, I dont know why Xeno puts too much faith on ED, specifically about "investigation" and stuffs. ED is incompetent down to the core, for example is that mass banning that happened last time. Anyway, Ice is fine now so that what matters.

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm. Customer service is still being handled by CC and so investigations as well. ED seems to be more incompetent for ED specific roles, such as managing and promoting events. The only time which ED failed in bans were that mass bot ban which also unintentionally banned many innocent players. Other than that time, most bans which have occurred and posted here in the forum has had specific reasons, either stemming from or as part of investigations carried out by ED/CC.

There is nothing ED can and will do about similar name or copycat of name since it is not breaking the law (unless u have copyright of your own name). If he/she start scamming then victim have to report it with sufficient proofs then ED can take action.. for Ice case, there is a chance that ED might mistakenly ban although I am pretty sure ED handle cash spender with care though (knowing how Ice top up)..

Comment

• theredgumball
      theredgumball commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm are we saying here that cash spenders (or say high cash spenders) will have some sort of special treatment from ED, such as in 1:1 inquiry reporting, banning, or anything? Although it might be true and realistic from a game's marketing perspective like having VIP customers, I still find it very unfair since we want fair treatment for all of us, as their customers in general right? )

just some lawful neutral person here in forum haha

Oi oi oi seriously someone did copy your IGN like my paranoid guess last time? .___.

Comment

• SadisticEin
      SadisticEin commented
      Editing a comment
      Deym xD and it really pmed you when using Di or are you in your sub?

• Rizqi Aditya
      Rizqi Aditya commented
      Editing a comment
      it's SS from my friend tho. and i PMed the copycat after i know.

• SadisticEin
      SadisticEin commented
      Editing a comment
      I see ...@_@...

He can ask for reason from ED and they will provide it.
    If it's really a wrong ban for mistaken identity then they will release it.
    The way that post is made is like he doesn't even try or just simply doesn't care so why should others care...

Comment

Agreed that for the first point/opinion, if it's really a mistaken identity and banning ED will surely release it once proven his/her innocence. On a side note, is ED following their abuse policy? If it's just 1st offence, there will only be a 14-day ban e?

On the other hand, the copying of IGN is a serious issue nowadays but as like what other players said, it is not against the policies to mimic almost the same IGN (e.g. changing capital i to small L etc) unless you do illegal stuff (e.g. scam people, RMT, bots). However, maybe ED can bring a fix on this matter, say by changing the typeface of characters' IGN so the difference between capital i and small L will be easily recognizable.

What we can do for now is to be cautious with who we are transacting or dealing with all the time (such as taking screenshots all the time), extra care including our own actions and/or AFK-ing shenanigans (remove gears, take screenshots as well). Also, report any incident of scamming/etc if you find or experienced one.
      Last edited by theredgumball; 02-26-2018, 11:14 AM.
      I'm a slow learner, that's true. But I learn.

I do not need to be watched over or minded or cared for. I'm not a child.
      I am the Lady of Winterfell, and I am home.

Comment

Based on the picture of the account that got banned, the number of characters in that account is Reef(0) as far as my naked eyes can see
        since it is blurry the way i see it so it's either a dummy account that got banned or the main account got totally wiped out if the number
        I see is correct but nevertheless I'm here for one purpose whether the claim the he/she got banned or not and that is to share my views
        on this matter as I have already posted or mentioned in one of my posts before.

Since I started playing DN there has already been a lot of poser accounts reported in DN but players don't seem like to learn from mistakes
        and that is to double check the character you are trading or never trust anyone at all with trades outside trading house. These posers in my
        own opinion are self-created characters by the same owners themselves. I got a friend before who confessed that in their group Dragon Nest Philippines
        the admins themselves are the ones scamming the members by making multiple poser accounts and they can easily walk away with it by
        trying to clean themselves everyday with a post that clearly differentiates themselves from the poser account which I think is the same with this issue.
        My advice for fellow gamers would be if you want to have a scam free DN time , NEVER TRADE OUTSIDE THE TRADING HOUSE,
        IF YOU DO YOU TAKE THE RISK YOU TAKE THE BLAME. (trades involved such as service, cc to gold, cash to gold)

But anyway regarding the claims from the post, I highly doubt that account got banned more like a dummy account banned for me. Sorry just my opinion

Comment

IMO, ED cant really do much on the imposing scamming, as it is hard to track the scammer and the imposing characters/accounts are disposable. Rather, public awareness is a better way in this case, which most people in the SEA community don give a fk.

There is one recent case where the victim had been scammed by the same old method of imposing, and the target geared player is my guildmate. Since that my guildmate is afk-ing, the victim's guildmate PM me (since I am running around at that time) asking for RUDN HC svc since his guildmate had "paid" and that should receive the service. He is very shocked when I ask him to get the service from the scammer. So what I wanted to say is that most of the community doesn't give a fk about the ongoing "hot" scamming method, and still fall into the same method again and again, and sometimes being retarded to falsely accuse the real player and start whining like he is the very first victim.

Same guild as IceSakura, we had became one of the target guild for the "PM borrow gold" imposing scamming (@launcelot may take note), where an imposer will impose one of the guildmate and PM probably all of the other guildmates and ask for golds. This method is however easily been countered if the guild owns a discord or other social platform that could identify a person's identity.
        "Internet is full of trolls and idiots."
        - Albert Einstein

Mail me gold to IGN: Scimitarry

Comment

• launcelot
          launcelot commented
          Editing a comment
          I might need to rewrite PM scams.

I do find friends who contact me via PM annoying when he’s in front of me. (Semi-deaf and has high tinnitus affinity)

• BananaCredits
          BananaCredits commented
          Editing a comment
          Well in these cases, those "friends" aren't ur friends anyway haha

Hello, We checked and IcEzSakuRa is banned for the otehr reason which is not related with IGN: KillerDi. So if he wants to know the reason please send a ticket, then we can answer the real reason.

Comment

• metier
          metier commented
          Editing a comment
          my guess is RMT?

• Fai
          Fai commented
          Editing a comment
          What i know from her is she said ED reply her "checking " only...... didn't tell her any other real reason....

• Rizqi Aditya
          Rizqi Aditya commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah it's not related actually. thank's for the respon. im sorry for judging, didn't mean to do that actually.

those who curious how they do it. got bored and recorded this
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z-9...ature=youtu.be

Check out my Ruina/Defensio videos

Comment

those curious how they do it. got bored and recorded this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z-9...ature=youtu.be

Check out my Ruina/Defensio videos

Comment

Where's that 'chicken man?' He knows the reason why...

Comment

My theory is actually very simple.

CC / ED will never ban a player by mistake, as every character and ID has it special “tag number” to it , and they will have to investigate thoroughly before dropping the ban hammer, handling out a wrong ban never happens ever.
            if you get what i mean, this is my proposal.

this so called famous player is actually the one creating all those impersonator accounts and scamming other players, and then transfering the gold back to his main.
            in order not to make it seem obvious, he impersonate his own character to put the blame on “pinoy players”. Which were very well knowned for this kind of cheap tatics.

i believed someone reported at last, and the message gone thru to the staffs, where they did background research which resulted him to get banned.

Well this is just my theory, however what im 100% sure is CC/ED will NEVER issue a wrong ban/ wrong reason.

to the person who got banned and if he is reading this comment. He himself should know best .
            Last edited by Chelly; 02-27-2018, 08:28 AM.

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
            When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

• Chelly
              Chelly commented
              Editing a comment
              In response back to your comment, i understand that you are a friend and a guildmate of his, since you portray the image of being a "acquaintance" of his ,i fail to understand why do you refer him as her? if you know ice well, thats a guy behind the screen.
              Because of several limitations, im unable to "speak" anything more of this. So i rest my case.

Note 1 : i know im not the first one to propose this theory, im open to all, and go ahead and try to bash me up, you think i just "claim" without any form of evidence? Think twice.
              Note 2 : True he was unbanned, but on what basis? Really innocent ? or L package?
              FYI he is a well known gold seller and black market dealer . You think ED/CC don't know about this?

Anyway, ill just admit that im at the losing end here, since i cannot provide any form of evidence etc.
              Last edited by Chelly; 02-28-2018, 02:54 AM.

• BananaCredits
              BananaCredits commented
              Editing a comment
              As a non English native speaker, I occasionally refer a female as "he" or "him" accidentally when I am speaking or writing. I dont care nor wanna to know if Irine is a girl or "girl", which is also not the main concern in our conversation in here.

Back to the topic. You seem to contradicts yourself in here. You claim to have any form of evidence to come up with the theory, and at the end of your comment you say you couldnt provide any evidence. I aint going to bash you, but a theory without evidence will just remain a theory, and will not become a fact.

About the unban, well both of us arent ED, so nobody knows what actually happened in between. You may have your theory of them having secret trades, but I couldnt care lesser than continue playing my game, as long as they doesnt bother me having fun from the game.

Peace and fly away~

• Chelly
              Chelly commented
              Editing a comment
              Fair enough

No need to make conspiracy theory about another player, its not your business. ED can pretty much ban a player wrongly and then say "sorry".

Comment

Like I said, 'chicken man' knows why... XD

Comment

Working...
              X