In game fps drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In game fps drop

Hi there , anyone here facing massive fps drop in game while in crowded area and in GDN raid? My fps drop to 10+ while in town with crowded players, while more worst in GDN raid which only left below 10 fps. My graphic setting all are lowest and highest skill invisible effect, but still the same, this really bother me a lot while my rig (laptop) consider quite good. Anyone who had solved this issue please kindly share your solution here , thanks !!!

laptop spec :

Processor (S and SM Series) : IntelĀ® CoreTM i7-7700HQ Processor (Quad Core 7th Gen)
    Display (S-17) : 17.3" FHD Matte IPS 120hz Display with Wide Color Gamut, (1920x1080)
    Dead Pixel Policy (17.3" Notebooks) : Standard Pixel Policy
    Graphics Card (S Series) : NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 Memory (RAM) S and W series : 16GB DDR4 2400MHZ (16X1) Thermal Compound : Thermal Grizzly KRYONAUT
    Keyboard Backlight : Full RGB keyboard
    M.2 SSD BAY (PCIE 2X/4X) : 120GB M.2 SSD (530MB Read / 430MB Write)
    M.2 SSD BAY 2 (PCI E 2X) : None
    Hard Drive : 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD
    WIFI (S Series) : IntelĀ® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
    Operating System : Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

There appears nothing wrong with your current stats. If you do notice fps issues on a crowd, then there's usually a bottleneck of information somewhere before it arrives on your screen.

My suggestion is:
    Check processor performance and compatibility against an outdated game engine such as DN which would work ideally on a 2010-standard game specs.

Crowded places may also mean a bottleneck of data coming through your network. You can easily boast a fibre or 100mbps connection but it does not account for effective throughput from server to your pc. Wifi is not for hardcore gamers - opt for a direct wired connection. If anyone decides to turn on the microwave, there is going to be some interference on 2.4ghz

Or Avoid crowded places altogether.
    We all hate Scammers and Hackers. Click [HERE] to learn more about their methods.

Comment

• XenoSaber
      XenoSaber commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your reply, do you have any guide for me to check the perfomence and compatibility? I will try to use lan connection once I got back my laptop.

• launcelot
      launcelot commented
      Editing a comment
      Task manager is my go-to app to check for high gpu utilization. High GPU can be misleading though. It would be best to read it and check on ways to optimize the gpu. I believe i saw someone responded with ways to improve your gpu. There's also a game mode that can be used by the creators update in windows

impressive rig, considering it exceeds the recommended requirements for DN to run on a computer.
    have you tried fiddling with your NVIDIA control panel? is there options for your video card to optimize performance rather than graphics? since there are some issues on nVidia when playing certain games when the video graphics card is set to perform and prioritize graphics to be perfect rather than performance and reduce the chances of having glitches or fps drops on certain times there are too many objects or shaders present on that current area you are in a game.

Comment

• XenoSaber
      XenoSaber commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your reply, do you have ideal set up of the nvidia control panel for dn? I did try out some suggestion on previous forum to edit my panel but its just doesnt work out.

If you are using Windows 10 April Update (v.1803) Click image for larger version  Name:	v1803.jpg Views:	1 Size:	9.6 KB ID:	136352

>Click Settings on your Windows 10 Start Menu
    > Click System
    > Click Display
    > Find & Click Graphic Settings below
    Click image for larger version

Name:	gfxsettings.jpg
Views:	675
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	136354
    > Graphics Settings will be shown
    > Choose an app to set preference, select "Classic App"
    > Click Browse
    > Go to your DN Folder and Select dragonnest.exe
    > Click DragonNest
    > Click Option
    > Select High Performance
    Click image for larger version

Name:	finale.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	136355
    > Click Save
    > Click Back & Close the Settings.
    > Restart your PC.

After restart, try to use Fraps and check if everything improves (Go on crowded channels or do 8-man nests)
    If that trick doesn't work, since I saw you are using SSD, try to move your DN Folder to your SSD Drive.
    So launching game files goes fast & loads quick.

Also another trick, try to disable Windows Game Mode, since it uses bit of your PC's resources.
    Ask Google on how to disable it.

Have a nice day!
    Last edited by Nimmienaticz; 05-17-2018, 12:24 AM. Reason: added pictures for everyone who will read this
    Always look straight to your goals, conquer them all and have fun.

Comment

• Knee
      Knee commented
      Editing a comment
      It really is 8 years old.
      That's the staple office build I guess, no point investing on upgrade if it's still capable.

• Nimmienaticz
      Nimmienaticz commented
      Editing a comment
      Knee its fun that it still smooth when i do Illustrations along with my job. :3

• McYongers
      McYongers commented
      Editing a comment
      Sandy bridge for the win mate
Working...
X