For those complaining about Santa Gacha Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those complaining about Santa Gacha Event

For those who are complaining about the rewards, why couldn't just look at a different POV for other players that have time constrain on playing this game. Let me answer some of the statements from the other post about this related topic

1) Players who are at or almost at T3 +10 will feel disheartened as months of effort, time and gold is wasted. They might just wait for the next event and stop playing DN for the moment.
    Conclusion: less players online to play with

A: ED didn't force anyone to join this event, you can either feel that Ur effort is wasted, or just buy it for ur subs to enjoy playing other classes

2) Players who recently reached T3 +20 would have wasted all their efforts, gold and time. They are the category at highest risk to quit the game.

Conclusion: ED will lose a big portion of motivated hard grinders from the community (whatever that's left lol)

A: same scenario as the first question, just buy for other classes/sub and up ur lebrium plates for fd, think of it as are u grinding for the sake of gearing up? or for end game raids.
    and u can just disassemble it for points for ur scylla...

3) Newbies will rejoice for the moment but will not find the game motivating enough for them to go through the tough process of finding a team to clear end game raids.

Conclusion: plays another game that is more exciting like LoL or Dota

A: I believe finding a team and clear end game raids IS the end game of this game, i don't see how is this not motivating enough for pubs to try going for FDN

4) Whats the point in months of farming and grinding when we can just open our wallets to get end game items..

A: I believe calypse t3 +20 itself as a end game item aren't sufficient enough to even clear FDN, L jades are the real end game items that you should be looking at.

To close things up, ED didn't force us to buy anything, so in the end is up to you guys decisions. People who are talking about ED milking us, YES THEY ARE, who is gonna pay the for their employees and server maintenance?

In the end, ED can't make everyone happy, give shit items = complain, give good items = complain

ED has been milking players since the start of their gacha events and yet the same people complaining are the ones who always get backstabbed by ED thru events like this xD its like they never learn anything....no one cares how much effort you wasted in the game especially ED why would they give a fuck how much effort you put in grinding,they only care about how much you spent on the game...

Comment

• 12ChopChop
      12ChopChop commented
      Editing a comment
      give me an example where DN gacha give out end game gears (non cash item)

In short the only way ED will take any actions to change the rewards is if players are not enticed to spend on it....which I doubt they would cuz the rewards are very very enticing indeed ( except the ladder costume...thats a big fuck you sign that they won't ever fix the ladder )

Comment

• 12ChopChop
      12ChopChop commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah most probably you are right. but we have to respond either ways. this event is a poor copy paste from NA. in NA, u need to pay 500k CC for the full set T3 +20. They copy paste the reward without giving it much thought lol...

• marzial09
      marzial09 commented
      Editing a comment
      thats actually pretty bad in NA...I wonder why its more expensive there than SEA? Cuz of money value?

they keep on complaining but after all the tier will complete they secretly buy for their sub (seriously Human brain) ... even ED don't know where gana put theme self lots of people complain Good Or Bad Event and this event is good if u want to gear your subs character or dissemble for Librium point .

Comment

This is like last year all over again.

To the players who are complaining, no one is forcing you to participate. Just sit back and wait for the next event.

You guys seem to miss the big picture here. ED controls the game content too, this means that future content is gonna be harder and will require strong gear to clear. This is just their way of trying to bridge the gap between hardcore players and casual ones. Going from neris to even T2 calypse takes eternity for someone who doesn't spend all day playing DN. They clearly want everyone to enjoy everything that the game offers.

I understand that some of you feel that your hours of grinding amounted to 18K CC. Just think of it like enjoying the journery more than the destination. The feeling of working to get get something is far greater than buying it. Deep down inside, I still feel that they are gonna add options to the rewards

Comment

• TehPoci
        TehPoci commented
        Editing a comment
        I dont know abt u guys, but i think i have been playing dn the wrong way.. why bother grinding everyday for my equipment when i shud have waited for this kind of event.. any idea effortless skila +20 when??

• Athenafku
        Athenafku commented
        Editing a comment
        So u are assuming majority of them are quitting after T3 +20? so what happen to those who actually reached T3+20 after grinding like urself?

• whitenoise1
        whitenoise1 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not like you can just solo LAB 50 just by having Tier 3 Calypse. LOL. The "newbies" who joined the event still needs to grind for jades, heraldry and talismans. They still need to raid, grind mats for their accessories etc. How does the game get "boring".. How does the journey end there?

and this is why DN started with 4 servers, became 2, became 1, and about to be halved soon :3
      just imagine other games, example RO, giving out cheap pay2win events to get 7 cards of your choice :3
      i wonder what will happen to the server long term. Most probably like DN, server count keeps get halved lol

Comment

• ouenskie
        ouenskie commented
        Editing a comment
        OMG servicer of GDN and other nest related in farming lebriums/lapis, crying/begging to remove T3+20 reward, im not suprise tho because people like you milking players with their gold for a long time now. Its time that more players enjoy this game rather than few players like you. You said that you're gonna bet that people will quit this game, well this is free to play game they can do what they want. Those players who will quit because they cant top up and buy the said item event is a casual player dont contribute much in the growth of the server, all they know is be salty and complain just like you. You can quit, you can cry and you can complain but Dragon Nest will last with or without you.

• 12ChopChop
        12ChopChop commented
        Editing a comment
        ouenskie how old are you? you seem to lack life experience with that comment.

• ouenskie
        ouenskie commented
        Editing a comment
        better not sleep while you service GDN, your service wont last long HAHAHAHA.

T3 +20 isn't an ENDGAME item, you should feel dishearten when they give LJADES along with the gears. I've been grinding my gears and still disheartened after reaching T3 +10 and can't even do shit in higher labs, only the rich will get richer and poor still getting poor ( by wasting money on enhancements and waiting for enhancement event for less gold spending on enhancement ). the point is it's a big step for a lot of players who have been struggling in farming gold. what do you expect? after getting SKILA for many months then ED announces new gears and dragon etc. making Skila completely useless and you have to grind again to get the better equipment while other endgamers are getting there fast and milking money for svc. so it's a bit fair ( not too fair ) I say.

​

Comment

• zhenghui
        zhenghui commented
        Editing a comment
        Well they give t3 20 .. so everyone can experience the real gold sink at Scylla

• Athenafku
        Athenafku commented
        Editing a comment
        Keep telling people T3+20 is end game with their full uniq jades for FDN pt

• 12ChopChop
        12ChopChop commented
        Editing a comment
        Athenafku to beat FDN you need the below gears as a dps:

1) T3 +20 Full Set
        2) Full L jades
        3) Full FD + Crit + Cdmg
        4) Full Epic Costumes

So yeah the event is giving out one of the end game items. In terms of weapon/armor, yes, its end game at the current moment.

For me, the main concern about event like this (which gives overpowered items to those that hasn't earned it yet) is the effect it will brings to the game economy as a whole.

Anyway, let me give you an analogy. Let say, you have just spent 4 years at a university trying to get a degree (let's say T1 = bachelor, T2 = Master, and T3 = Doctorate) to get a job you wanted ("nest parties"). And then out of nowhere, without any news whatsoever, the next day, your government decided to gives everyone in your country, be it a kid ("a newbie") or a seasoned veteran ("players with T2-T3") a chance to get a Doctorate degree (the highest degree) for a price of a 1st degree. I bet you can see why it can be a huge problems for everyone, right?

Suddenly everyone will have the credentials to do things that previously can only be done by those who are pro (aka. those who have earned by their hard work). This will not make everyone's life easier, but can only make it worse. Why? Well.. let's say you want to get a job, since everyone has the same credentials as you are, it will be harder for you to stand out from the others (this is already happening in the real world). And since everyone has the same degree, it will only lower the value of said degree (that's also why graduates from some unique but needed degree can get much higher salary than a more mainstream degree; because too many competitions = lower salary, less competition = higher salary).

And here is some of the other problems:

1) IT WILL WORSEN THE INFLATION BY A HUGE MARGIN.

Why? Because, you see.. equipment enhancement is always intended to be a "gold sink". Every (mostly online) game has a gold sink. Even we, as a living creature, has a sink. It's called "death". Imagine what will happen to our world if no one's dying? Yep. I bet you can see why it isn't good.

Anyway, gold sink is what keeps the game economy healthy, because we have all these gold coming in, we need "something" to get them out of the system, and if we fail to do that (or we don't do it fast enough, aka. too much gold going inside than outside), then we'll get a worsening effect of "inflation", in which our gold will lose value over time, until it's worthless.

UPDATE:

Giving out T3 +20 means that ED is removing a big amount of gold sink. Let's say in average, one piece of T3 +20 will need a player to shell out approx. 120,000 gold (excluding jellies and mats; like garnets) which means removing it from circulation. Now, if all the tiers are reached, that means there will be: 200,000 boxes - 20 box (event requirement) = 10,000 chars that will skip the gold sink altogether, which if combined amounted to: 10,000 * 120,000 gold = approx. 1,200,000,000g. Note that this is just a quick calculation to illustrate the point.

The other problem with injecting an absurd amount of overpowered items to the market is that it will induce oversupply to some items. Like for example, Low Jade Heart or Mid Jade Fragment, because as we know, we can get those items from Labyrinth Relics, and the stronger a player is, the higher floor s/he can do, and the more relics s/he can get. You may think it won't be a problem, which is possible but it will surely shake the market for quite some time. And this doesn't just affect current players but future players as well; especially future players, because they will miss the event and so they won't be able to compete. The only way for them to compete is to wait for another event that gives similar op items.

2) IT WILL DEMOTIVATES *MOST* PLAYERS

What I mean by "most" is these guys:
      1. Those who made their T3 +11 and above shortly before this event (eg. 1-4 weeks ago). Why it demotivates them? Because you see.. to make just one those T3 +20, in my case, I need no less than 80,000 gold, and that's just the gold. Excluding all the time spent to do nests for lebriums, and the jellies, lapis, etc.
      2. All of the new players who joined *after* (shortly or even long after) the event has ended. They'll think that they're unlucky and after trying to play for maybe a few days or weeks, and seeing that it isn't that *easy* to get those *instant-T3+20-from-the-event* using the regular ways, what do you think it will do to their motivation? Yup. They'll have 2 options: 1) Just don't care about it and continue to grind like madman and risked to get all of said efforts thwarted again in the future with an op cash event(s), OR 2) Just wait, play *casually*, without paying of course, because hey we all need to save for those days when there is an event like that again right? So why waste your hard earned money?

So, who is exactly that will get benefited from this event? Well, I'd say players who are casuals, or just *lazy* to grind (I'm not saying laziness is bad, this is just a game anyway). I'm actually in this bracket, I mean yeah I have T3 +20, but it's just one, just the main weapon. I'm too lazy to make the others T2, much less at max T3 +20 XD Anyway even that the event actually benefited me as a player, I'm still against it because all of the negative effects it will brings to the game.

3) THE MOST IMPORTANT ONES: THE EVENT IS LIKE ED IS SPITTING ON THOSE WHO PAYS THE SERVER THE MOST, AKA. "THE WHALES".

I don't know if you guys knows what "Whales" are, but here is a short summary: Whales are those people who are the biggest spenders in a game. I don't remember the exact numbers but whales is like only 1 or 2% of the game's population but they collectively spends more than all the other players combined, like maybe more than 50% or even as big as 80% of the game's revenue is from those "Whales". This is not only true in games but also in real world, where half of the world's wealth were owned by only a few handful of people (think Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, those rich people from Saudi, etc.).

I'm sure you guys realize that the server isn't paid by those casual players (which is the one who benefited most by the event), because casuals rarely spend (if ever). Like it or not, DN is still alive by now because the server's being paid by those "Whales". And I'm sure you guys knows who they are by now. Yup. They're those who has complete T3 +20, and complete with full rare talismans with 3rd stats. Plus a complete set of 3rd stat FD heraldries. You certainly can't have all those if you're a "casual"-type players (like me XD).

That's why I also sympathize with 12ChopChop, because even if I'm not sure if he's a big spender or not, but he earned it. That what's important. I know the pain (and time!) to do all those service's runs, and all those grinding in nests, and then have all those efforts negated in just one day. It's just too disheartening.

And the scope of this event also unlike anything I've ever seen. This is not like the Ice Dragon giveaway, because you need to spend a lot on that event (I personally spend gold equivalent to around US$ 60). And even if you spend, there's no assurance that you'll get the rewards, because only the top 10 guilds will get rewarded.
      Last edited by SergeantAmerica; 12-15-2018, 04:04 AM.

Comment

• 12ChopChop
        12ChopChop commented
        Editing a comment
        Athenafku and again your reply shows you are living in your own world. You do not think of the server as a whole. Also, I haven't been svcing for 1 month + already cuz its boring/tiring. Get your facts right before throwing false accusation about me worrying about my svc lol

• Ricenditas
        Ricenditas commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol, seriously. "Real" players, you say? What's your definition of "real players", Roy? Hmm.

For ED, ALL players are the "real players", high-geared, semi-geared, even newbies are included.

Now, what's your definition of "real players", hmm?

• Athenafku
        Athenafku commented
        Editing a comment
        12ChopChop yea me living in my own world, go enjoy ur dota/LoL.

The only negative effect of this T3 +20 reward is that those who render service such as clearing nest for weak players will be greatly lessen. Well it's about time to play this game like the old days where people run nest not paying to get items and experience, but to learn how to play this game with other people while enjoying. I bet those complains and the petition to remove or replace the T3 +20 reward are the works of those who service nest run. People always complains about ED milking players, of course its normal ED is improving the game to make it more enjoyable to play. This event is good for new players and to those who lack time to farm because of work. Anyway to those who service nest runs you already milked players for a looooong time so don't blame ED for this event. Thank you ED for this event and in behalf of all my friends here at DN two thumbs up.

Comment

• 12ChopChop
        12ChopChop commented
        Editing a comment
        ouenskie you know you can play this game without buying svc? lol... i climb my way from epic theano lv93 gears without buying a svc to gear myself up. and im not pay2win. the only thing i pay is the monthly speedy coupon just so i can hit/run faster.

you said: "Well it's about time to play this game like the old days where people run nest not paying to get items and experience"
        but this event just made you paid for something op for a cheap price lol... hypocrite

also on your comment "The only negative effect of this T3 +20 reward is that those who render service such as clearing nest for weak players will be greatly lessen"
        does this mean you and the rest of your friends can now easily clear GDN? By the way, the petition came from a retired svcer that is happily playing another game now. Do your research before giving out false facts.
        Last edited by 12ChopChop; 12-16-2018, 11:56 PM.

• geeeen17
        geeeen17 commented
        Editing a comment
        12ChopChop dude no use reasoning/arguing/debating with him, you see his logic in his statement and i guess its enough to understand how he thinks. lol

• 12ChopChop
        12ChopChop commented
        Editing a comment
        geeeen17 lol yeah but not arguing. just pointing out his flaws :3

This is a veryyy good event. Not everyone plays 24/7 like Kirito. We need to get a life out there. Grinding ingame is boring and meaningless, we have friends and family and play/work in our fxcking real life to enjoy with.

Comment

• 12ChopChop
        12ChopChop commented
        Editing a comment
        you should try private server. they are good for people who wanna put in little effort but enjoy end game content

• VerzFC
        VerzFC commented
        Editing a comment
        With comments like these are you really sure about the time you spend here? There are far better actives out there that would merit your time better and possibly could make you truly happy. Leave the grinding to people that actually play the game.
        Last edited by VerzFC; 12-17-2018, 07:30 AM.

• 12ChopChop
        12ChopChop commented
        Editing a comment
        People like him want maximum reward with little to no effort. Those are the people fighting for the reward to be retained.

TIPS: Theres a thing called private server. They give you end game gear for price cheaper than ED. Go play that if you can't handle the real server.

Servicer? Grinding ingame boring and meaningless and need to get a life out there?

Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
      Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
      Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• ouenskie
        ouenskie commented
        Editing a comment
        THE POINT? bad grammar doesnt count LMAO, each individual have their own opinion and interpretation here. Lets just wait for the result if the majority of the players of Dragon Nest want it or not. Just dont force your ideal reward to others, because you will not benefit from it doesnt mean all players will too.

• Xenocho
        Xenocho commented
        Editing a comment
        I was referring to you guys not getting the reason why people are complaining about how good the rewards is. Reading your post above strengthens that point. You are naive to think that these rewards do not benefit end game players.

• 12ChopChop
        12ChopChop commented
        Editing a comment
        it makes me wonder does most of the players in DN goes to school.... they can't even understand the reason of the petition lol
    Working...
    X