Critical and Critical Damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critical and Critical Damage

Hello I just wanna ask what is the difference between this two I'm an Elemental Sniper specifically dark element and I'm planning on buying some 3rd stat Plates What should I prioritize? Should I buy Crit Damage plates or just Critical Plates? Thankies for the Answers~!

Originally posted by Lexus Bier View Post
    Hello I just wanna ask what is the difference between this two I'm an Elemental Sniper specifically dark element and I'm planning on buying some 3rd stat Plates What should I prioritize? Should I buy Crit Damage plates or just Critical Plates? Thankies for the Answers~!
    You are an AGI class. Stacking AGI will eventually cause crit overflow; crit should never be an option at all. While crit plate is strong for boosting DPS while your crit is not capped, it is a very short term benefit when you attain better gears.
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• Lexus Bier
      Lexus Bier commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info. So should I just go for attack plates or Crit damage plates?

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr Shovel detailed it quite well below. ATK plates are good especially if your gears are not very high end (e.g. no genesis, epic costumes, calypse and such). Crit DMG plates can be considered more end game once you got strong gear.

• ELpatron50
      ELpatron50 commented
      Editing a comment
      Even pro Nimmienaticz knows CRIT. damage is gettin' lucky enuf to deal massive HP damage,
      while ATK plates provide a more stable damage dealer for all classes.

Snipers naturally has a high AGI base stat, with their spiritual excel buff, they can increase their AGI by 50%, so having CRIT plates won't be much of an efficient investment since the crit cap is 89%, i suggest go for critical damage plate, and also consider getting a champion attack heraldry to both increase your attack power and FD further besides getting destruction heraldry.

Overall, here's my suggestions about gearing up and choosing the perfect stats for Sniper Class
    • As Snipers are AGI base, they won't need much help on getting too much agi since they have the buff as i said, spiritual excel that is
    • Your Focus is to increase either your critical damage, or attack power
    • having higher critical damage but average attack power is fine, but the best to choose is having higher attack power and having average critical damage, this is because your attack power is the source that will multiply your damage if it lands a critical hit and critical damage is always fixed at x2 multiples, and it will only increase by a few percent regarding to your critical damage.
    • additional stats gain on heraldry and talismans are important as an end gear investment, choosing either attack power and crit damage is at your own dispense, but take note that the archer skill tree has 2 buffs to consider before choosing a specific stat for the additional stats gain on talisman and herladry: Wise of the owl / Rage of the owl both increase critical damage by a fixed amount (e.g 200% base + 10% from wise of the owl + 20% from rage of the owl = 230% total crit damage) 230% crit damage isn't enough, mostly because of genesis accessory and of course dragon jades, if you choose the lvl95 unique dragon jades (incase you are at that point in the game where you can craft these) rather get the stat that increases crit damage instead of attack power if you want more critical damage, but then again more attack power covers better critical damage in the end because the crit damage is just a multiplier, and only base its results with your attack power.
      (e.g 230% = 2.3x dmg | 100,000 dmg * 2.3x dmg = 230,000 dmg | 270% crit dmg = 2.7x dmg | 50,000 * 2.7x crit dmg = 135,000 dmg) as you can see with my own calculations, the less your attack power is, even with higher critical damage, it is still useless.
    • You can choose 50-50 for the additional stats (agi won't be necessary if the attack power additive is much higher than the agi with 50% increase from your buff for example is , you will get 200 attack power from an additional stat, but you can get 100 agi stat as an additional stat, if you use the buff, you will only get 50% thus 150) but it really depends on your preferences

Comment

• Lexus Bier
      Lexus Bier commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the enlightenment ahahaha

To answer the first question at hand:

Critical is the rate at which you crit (RNG roll per attack), cap is 89%

Critical Damage is the multiplier applied only when you crit, cap is 300% (meaning your crits will do 3x the damage of a non-crit). You start with a base of 200% (so you'll always do at least 2x your regular damage)
    WahrBot developer | Divinitor developer | My twitch.tv | Discord: Vahr#9959

I swear I'm an LK main

Comment

• Lexus Bier
      Lexus Bier commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh thankies~! So I should Prioritize my Crit damage instead?

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      well, can you tell us your gear first? post it on your thread don't comment about it on someone else's post
Working...
X