Question about the Client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the Client

Earlier, after i open the client window thingy (the one that has a green start button) and pressed the start button, nothing happens after. usually the Xigncode something in the bottom right corner of the screen pops up right? so, i tried reinstalling, so my question is, is this the one which i should be seeing when reinstalling?

it looks like its downloading some missing files on your DN folder, that dll is needed to run the game actually, if its missing, even xigncode shows up your game won't probably run and maybe even tell you an error that this .dll file is missing on your system, its fine seeing it download the files, but the thing is, i hope it shouldn't stop downloading the file, since many players have reported that they cant download the game using that 1 click download solution method you're trying out right now.

if you downloaded the game at sea.dragonnest.com then you don't have a problem, but just incase, can you tell us if you did download the right installer of the right server you're trying to play to?

Comment

• AprilHearteu
      AprilHearteu commented
      Editing a comment
      this is the first time ive encountered this problem since the merge. yeah the one click downloader is not working so i tried and restore the deleted files, hoping that by tomorrow's patch it will be fixed.

just to make it clear the picture i attached is like a random shot haha, my real problem was whenever i press the green start button at the client, the xigncode, which usually pops up, won't pop up now, resulting in a dead end. i can't play because of it and i need to do my dqs hahaha

really frustrating to say the least, the client was working fine earlier this day tho

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      cant you just turn off windows 10 updates? since the updates are usually not useful for the user to even update their system if they can't properly execute most of their programs that are affected by the update, they just wanted to keep in touch of what adult sites you visit, thats why they keep updating :v

• AprilHearteu
      AprilHearteu commented
      Editing a comment
      oooooh yeah was thinking bout that, but how tho? haha im not that techy and stuff and i dont understand terms and such on google. ill try me best to find any methods in turning off the update haha thanks a bunch!

Actually it is GamersBoy. Hey you should have tried this before reinstalling>

"Originally posted by Gaming_Boy View Post

Sorry but can you try something?

Can you try this and see if it works:

1. Go to your start an type "Exploit Protection"
    2. Turn off 2 things under the System Protection Settings TAB:

- Data Execution Prevention(DEP)
    - Validate Exception Chains(SEHOP)

3. Restart your computer.
    4. Try running Dn again from the "dnlauncher" as "Administrator".

Let me know if it works.

NOTE: Please revert back these settings after you run Dragon nest.

Side Note: This is not a recommended Solution but you may try if u wish.If it doesn't work, PLEASE Revert it back! "

Because i had the same problem as you but this fixed it.

Comment

Bro the problem was figured by Gaming_Boy. It was the windows 10 april update. You should try this method, worked for a few ppl including me.

Comment from Gaming_Boy

Sorry but can you try something?

Can you try this and see if it works:

1. Go to your start an type "Exploit Protection"
      2. Turn off 2 things under the System Protection Settings TAB:

- Data Execution Prevention(DEP)
      - Validate Exception Chains(SEHOP)

3. Restart your computer.
      4. Try running Dn again from the "dnlauncher" as "Administrator".

Let me know if it works.

NOTE: Please revert back these settings after you run Dragon nest.

Side Note: This is not a recommended Solution but you may try if u wish.If it doesn't work, PLEASE Revert it back!

Comment

Working...
      X