Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Mini-Guide] Making Yourself Stronger With Debuffs!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cmiiw. Ray Mechanic plasma grenade is a damage debuff not elemental. and it seems RM has another debuff , -20% critical resist in atomic blade, the only loli with critical resist debuff.

Comment

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      After double checking, yes you are correct. I will edit it accordingly. Thank you atom.

First of all, nice guide
    Really appreciate it
    but how about Ele debuff from weapon engraving scroll?
    1. Does it stack with skill that gives Ele debuff?
    2. Does it stack with each other? Meaning if you use 2 Ele debuff scrolls on main weapon and sub weapon, does it resulting a total of 20% or stays at 10%?
    Thank you~

Comment

Originally posted by Zurajannai View Post
      First of all, nice guide
      Really appreciate it
      but how about Ele debuff from weapon engraving scroll?
      1. Does it stack with skill that gives Ele debuff?
      2. Does it stack with each other? Meaning if you use 2 Ele debuff scrolls on main weapon and sub weapon, does it resulting a total of 20% or stays at 10%?
      Thank you~
      1. Yes, they do
      normal ice punch 704k
      2nd ice punch 774k with engrave
      3rd ice punch with engrave and ele debuff 915k

3rd vs 1st is 1.3

2. It remains at 10%.
      Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
      Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
      Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• Zurajannai
        Zurajannai commented
        Editing a comment
        thank you for the answer

Sticking this

Comment

• Xenocho
        Xenocho commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Verbena. Have a good day

Xenocho, what about Dancer's Ecstatic Dance (Elf).
      How does it work? Does it only affect the caster or the entire party?

Comment

• Xenocho
        Xenocho commented
        Editing a comment
        Only the dancer. It is a buff which allows you to deal X amount of additional dmg based on the monster being hit's HP.

• Khlight
        Khlight commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the quick reply.

Engraving attribute resistance stack add to ele debuff?

Comment

• Nimmienaticz
        Nimmienaticz commented
        Editing a comment
        read backwards a bit. you'll see the answer based on Remmy's Ice Punch at Golem.

Just a small update. Initial tests reveal that the debuff system has changed.

Prior to this, higher level debuffs overwrite lower level debuffs.

Currently, the last debuff applied overwrites previous debuffs.

This is not a bad thing for many classes I suppose. But as an SS, your [Awakened Passive] Biochemical Experiment will not be as effective as before.

Just a very crude test.

In this video, the SS debuff was applied at 0:02, hence the additional damage numbers. At 0:07, the debuff icon was removed under the boss name and at 0:10, the additional damage numbers were no longer existent.

At 0:34, the LF casted Outbreak EX. At 0:37, the SS debuff was applied again, and the additional damage numbers were showing again.

Outbreak EX is at Lv 20 and should not be cancelled/replaced by Biochemical Missile EX, which is at Lv 8.

I would probably do a more proper test within this week.
      Last edited by Xenocho; 11-06-2018, 07:13 AM.
      Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

Can you update Machina again? I want to see if they still have debuff skills, because thanks to ED that they fucked Machina up with bunch of nerfs. I know that these debuffs you mentioned in this post are long gone now

Comment

• Xenocho
          Xenocho commented
          Editing a comment
          You could check the skill sim. As far as I know, after awakening, there has been no addition or removal of debuffs, just damage changes, isn't it? Or are you saying the debuffs are somehow removed?

• Adhelaida
          Adhelaida commented
          Editing a comment
          Not removed but switched out to another skill, the damage debuff is now at Rock Away

Side note: I will not be updating this guide anymore, particularly types of debuffs available on classes.

While the information listed is generally useful for guiding new players on the usefulness of debuffs, sections on the debuff replacement and debuffs available on each class is outdated, so please use the information with a pinch of salt.

It has been a pleasure to provide the information for the general audience. Hope it has been useful.

Comment

Thanks for the wonderful guide Xenocho it has helped me a lot, and i will share this to my friends, they will be thankful for this

Comment

• Xenocho
            Xenocho commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you. I hope it would be helpful. Feel free to ask questions, if any.

Hi, this is really helpful! I was wondering, what happens if you equip two elemental conversion gems, one on each weapon? I'm playing the NA version right now and the game is letting me equip one elemental conversion gem on my primary and another on my secondary weapon as Defensio. So what element does my attack actually come out as with, say, a fire conversion and a dark conversion gem equipped?

Comment

• Xenocho
            Xenocho commented
            Editing a comment
            It will follow your 2nd ECJ applied, most likely reading the data from primary to secondary weapon.

• Ambrosine
            Ambrosine commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome, thanks!

Hey! Thanks for writing this, it's really helpful information. I really appreciate the effort that goes into such a thorough guide.

As a side note, since the update on KDN just a few days ago, they seem to have removed crit cap altogether (or at least raised it significantly).

Logically, it would be pointless to go past 100% crit chance, but then again I was also wondering if a higher crit% would stil be useful to fight against crit resist. I don't really know how DN handles crit values in this regard.

What do you think?

EDIT: I was just notified that it's likely the crit cap is still 89%, it simply shows your "actual" crit cap now so you know how much you're overcapped. So it's pretty much unchanged. Sorry for the misinformation ;;;
          Last edited by MechaMuffin; 05-11-2019, 11:40 AM.

░░║ TwitterTumblrArt Thread ⁞ MechaMuffin#0951║░░

Comment

• BananaCredits
            BananaCredits commented
            Editing a comment
            It is not sure whether the extra critical % would come into effect. Lets assume it does:
            With the formula, if the mobs has a 20% critical resist, you would need 125% base critical chance to have actual 100%. For 30% critical resist, 143%.

• Xenocho
            Xenocho commented
            Editing a comment
            I am unsure how crit resist works, it might be by deduction or multiplication, difficult to confirm. Though, previously, someone did 100 normal hits in the battle grounds and coincidentally obtained 69 crit hits, which matches 89% crit - 20% crit resist, which is a default in many bosses when datamined. However, I'd say the test is not conclusive and the actual use of the information does not justify the effort required for the test.
        Working...
        X