Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I change to crusader or stay with guardian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I change to crusader or stay with guardian?

I've been thinking a lot lately about changing to crusader cuz of how lacking guardian is as a dps....I know he's a support class but there are more classes that does the job better than him so he's becoming useless.Every single players on pub always looking for HDPS/DPS/HEALER ,its so sad that guardian is getting irrelevant.I saw and reviewed the guardian revamp coming to sea soon ( I hope it comes out along with machina awakening ) and saw all the buffs and nerfs to the class. While they did give him more dps buff ( altho revamp on shield charge looks useless af ) will this actually be enough to make him a dps class.

one thing I found lacking before was the lack of buffs they gave him on his cm but the revamp changed that.

CLASS MASTERY I
    • Added 50% STR increase passive.
    • Generate 1 Guardian’s Grace when hitting enemies with Divine Ascension and Divine Vengeance.
    • Removed the maximum HP increase effect of Divine Punishment.
    • Increases damage by 50% of VIT.
    • Light Attack reduced from 15% to 5%.
    CLASS MASTERY II
    • Divine Vengeance no longer recovers the cooldown of Falling Angel.
    • Divine Vengeance INS is enabled after using Divine Ascension (3s CD).
    • Divine Ascension INS is enabled after using Divine Vengeance (3s CD).
    • Removed damage reduction effect.
    • Increases damage by 5%.
    CLASS MASTERY III
    • Increased damage of Shield Blow from 900% to 1200%.
    the added 50% str and increase dmg per % of vit is good enough of a revamp for me..and also the instants they gave him on CMII..guardian has always been lacking on skills to use mostly just spams divine ascension.

So for this guardian revamp coming on machina awake ( hopefully ) do you think its ok to stay as a guardian? Do you think he can carry now? or should I still cj to crusader?
    Last edited by marzial09; 05-05-2018, 02:34 AM.

Better damage, that's for sure. At the very least, stronger than Arch Heretic class.

But let's accept it: Guardian is meant to be tank. Although the upcoming boost will greatly improve his output, he will never be as strong as Crusader or Inquisitor.

Comment

Yeah I hope they also improve AH's CM cuz I main him..its not really that great,relies too much on carnage and devastation I hope at least they remove how nightmare increases his str and just give him str buff on his CM....

Yeah I know guardian will never be same tier as inqui and crus.... I was only hoping dat with the revamp they're giving him he'd at least be able to solo nests and finish it a bit quicker.

Comment

• NearLawlet
        NearLawlet commented
        Editing a comment
        As long as you equip your character with the best items possible, you can solo every 4-man nest with any class.

Then again, if you were planning to do a service/carry run, it is recommended that you choose other class that better suit the role. Guardian is ill-suited for the task given his supposed role as a tanker, regardless of the upcoming boost.

• marzial09
        marzial09 commented
        Editing a comment
        My guardian gear only consists of the gacha reward last time I geared it was 93 capped...the reason I wanted to change was becuz me and my gf always run 2man nests....with me being the carry always...but when I use my guard its a diff story

It usually depends on how you really like a class, but if you were to determine it by DPS, crusader fits in very well and you should switch jobs right away, but ofc it will be without risks:
      • changing jobs right away will transition your gameplay from your current to a new set of skills
      • it will take time before you get the right skill rotation for your new class, but if you know the gameplay of crusader, then it should be fine
      • all your current gear from your previous class might not work well with your new chosen class, but because you're transitioning from guardian to crusader, which is STR based, then maybe it is fine for now
      • most of your heraldry, skill heraldry, and talisman requires to be replaced with another set of items, thus it will require gold fees from when you move them or swap them with that said item.
      • crusaders depend only on their few defensive capabilities depending on which skills you have chosen:
        • Iron Will - this is a good buff for your crusader, whenever you are using skills such as Thor's Hammer, which requires you to be idle for a moment, you can use this to reduce any incoming damage you need to get hit with while performing the skill animation of that said skill to deal full damage to your enemy.
        • Block - this is also one of the most useful defensive capabilities of the cleric class, any hits you take besides certain mechanics, you can avoid certain death mechanics or skip any jump mechanics by using block, stand there, and watch, this should be used whenever you need to be in a defensive stance, because whenever you might use a skill, there is a chance you might get hit and the skill you're going to use might get cancelled out, this is annoying especially if you are gonna be hit with something that you can survive or deal no less than 2% of your hp
      You should choose INT as your main stat instead of picking out STR, INT will not only give you matk, and boost the effect of your judgement power buff, it will also increase your magical defense, which works well with your class.

Comment

• marzial09
        marzial09 commented
        Editing a comment
        Guess I have no choice then but to cj ..... imma give the revamp guardian a try first when patch comes before I cj to crusader,I might find the revamped guardian better...anyways thanks for the advices and tips.

• Skyros
        Skyros commented
        Editing a comment
        Contrary to pub belief, stacking STR stat is now more useful in terms of damage boosting. Couple of things to consider in stacking STR:

1. At higher level gears (Calypse/Hector to be precise), your PAttk will be considerably higher due to both STR and AGI contributing to you PAttk.
        2. Crusader's skills deal Physical Damage first. This might be an overseen mechanic but this helps very much specially for do-or-die moments. Some skills are also better if you stack STR like Lightning Charger, Electric Smite and Mighty Blow deal Physical Damage first, while the subsequent hits that are slightly delayed deal Magical Damage.
        3. INT's stat advantage is gone when the Devs decided to equalize the board damage of Crusaders as before Magical board damage is higher than its Physical counterpart.

STR is definitely better than INT for Crusaders after the recent revamp. I'm not saying that stacking INT is useless, you should stack INT also, but as a secondary stat.

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        You will still deal the same damage because the dmg output of crusader's skills are base on both Patk and Matk, either stat you choose is STR or INT, even if Skyros said that your attack power rises more because of the AGI stat added on your character base on equipping high-end gear such as calypse or genesis accessory, it will still not make a difference whatsoever the stat you choose, it's all balanced out whenever you land a hit.

the delay is affected by latency ingame, there are times you think you've land all the hits you want, but you didn't, that is because of the lag in the game.

Lightning zap's charge state deals magical damage, thus, if a fellow inquisitor chose to trigger his detonate, your charge state will be removed, all those extra damage is gone and you've only dealt the physical damage side when you land the lightning zap on your enemy, but that's only the scenario you are looking at, but then again, it all depends on how you want to gear your class.

i will still stick with int, considering it will still be the same regardless of which stat you choose, all crusader abilities still deal both patk and matk and they both stack to each other when the skill lands perfectly onto the enemy's face.

as i said, INT gives mdef, more defense, more chances of survival, but then again, i don't even know if the boss on every nest from today's nest update deals physical or magical? i hope they could clear that out, if ever its only physical, then go for STR.

to be honest, the dps of crusader and guardian differs a bit only after revamp, which could even say guardian have same dps ability as crusader, but crusader has better burst dmg while guardian has constant dmg. Yet, guardian have a much easier way for doing dps (for crusader u need switching aura to gain best dps), and guardian is tank mroe so easier for surviving. Lastly, crusader have a higher requirement for gear yet guardian have no such thing, dont ask me why, those who playing crusader will tell u same thing .

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        yep, i know not under-geared, thats why there is a "might" i added there so it wont generalize.

ok, ok, "you know it better than i am" sure, you're not offended are you? if you are then i'm sorry, just stating my opinion, not really here to fight it over to you whether crusaders are overpowering or not, i am just saying crusaders will still be better dps than guardians, thats how the game should work and devs know it

• marzial09
        marzial09 commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah devs might have buff guardian dps but it will never be the same as crus and inqui dps......imma stay with guardian as is ,the heal per sec on guardian force convinced me to stay

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        i both use crusader and guardian, but unfortunately i don't use my crusader much nowadays, and i don't wanna say that "i know it all" on the crusader class since ive only used crusader for a few months, adding to it my time spent playing in lvl50 cap as well, but that's a different story now.

Guardian is what i favor the most now, since i started playing, my first maxed level character was a paladin at level 40 cap, when 50 cap hits, went for guardian since i like how the gameplay works and its cool to be one of the vanguard of a team.

but now it all changed and most of these people are aiming for faster runs, they literally went from having a balanced party on nest with atleast a guardian and a healer into having a full DPS party, which isn't and shouldnt be the sole purpose of running a nest, even if its the reality now, i dont think its a proper game without having class being joined in on a party to go nest hunting for materials and gold.

Play a guard if you like guard and play a crusader if you like crusader, who cares about what other people think

But ED keeps fking with the classes so either way you might be unhappy with how much of a mess the paladin design became
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
      Who guards the guardians?

Comment

• marzial09
        marzial09 commented
        Editing a comment
        the pub people who's always looking for DPS/HDPS cares xD

before and after revamp Guardian is still great for me ... better stick to the class u wanna play tho.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        since they are just doing 2man runs on 4man nests, i think staying guardian is fine, but if you were to be thinking of joining in pub parties, better reconsider not to, since most public parties are such perfectionists that they want a good DPS class, even though you might be more geared than the party leader, they would still kick you out of the party, that's how stupid the party system became nowadays because of the imbalance on NEST class requirements, saint's role can now be replaced by light fury, and ofc this current may 15th patch boosted physicians, so its also a possibility, guardian isn't the only tank in the game anymore and destroyers have a better DPS since they have got the buffs to boost their attack power and FD, Defensio on the other hand is a much more preferable tank now since she can boost her defense, got a defensio and her defense went up to 85% damage resistance (which is the max cap to reduce incoming damage physically)

even if it comes down to what class you like to play, we can't avoid the topic that class discrimination still exist in public parties, that is why it is much better to have a guild of your own compose of your trusted friends that plays the game, and that you only play for fun not just for competitiveness

• marzial09
        marzial09 commented
        Editing a comment
        I decided to stay as guardian,dps might not be on par with crus or inqui but he's just more fun to use now.... Dont have to keep spamming SOF for divine ascension and 2 instant skills can be spammed quickly.... I could say for now that guard is a decent DPS now might not be top but its ok,plus his GF heal combine with the sof rework really increases his survivability
        Last edited by marzial09; 05-16-2018, 10:19 PM.

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        yup... i like guardian as well more than my crusader even if its a better dps, since my first class was literally a paladin going to the guardian side, since i didn't consider going crusader up until now this year.

i like the guardian from before since you can spam guardian force more often, and protect your party members from team wipe mechs by shielding them with your GF, since bubbles doesn't increase your STR anymore because the moreover buff of the guardian was placed on divine punishment, and since there are subtle heals you can notice while using divine punishment (i saw a 1% heal each time i use divine punishment, the heal procs at exactly every few seconds, estimated to be 3 seconds for 1% heal of your max hp) that is also besides the heal for guardian force when activated.

this would prove that guardians would be more useful now in nests since they have that dps boost, but ofc their defensive capabilities such as the invulnerability for divine avatar has been removed, and also the vitality increase as well, but that doesn't matter now since devs know that if they didn't removed the DA's vit increase and also divine punishment's vit increase as well, definitely guardians would climb up to the ranks of the dps department since thats a lot of VIT added to the guardians stat when using those buffs, and also 50% of VIT as physical attack power isn't a joke if we were to say its around 100,000 VIT or more.
    Working...
    X