Saint skill rotation recommendation anyone? [PVE]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saint skill rotation recommendation anyone? [PVE]

Can someone help me on saint skill rotation for PVE? Kinda having hard time to figure out which skill should I use every after other skill. Pro Saints help plsss

I am a Saint main char. But I am not pro Saint.
    Actually it's depend on the situation in dungeon/ nests. But mostly I do solo run in nests/ dungeons. (a bit lazy to go with pub in nest, most of them are troller/ newbie just want to be carried without learning).
    From solo play I have my own play style using Saint. Able to deal massive damage if put all relics at the right timing.

My skill rotation usually: 2 Buff Skills at the beginning, then Lightning Relic>Bind Relic>Healing Relic>Cure Relic>Lightning Relic (2nd times)>Grand Cross (wait a bit till mini relics appeared)> Holy Burst>Shock of Relic>Enhanced Antiphona Pool (4x)>Holy Bolt (CM3)>Blessed Sign>Antipona Pool
    This 1st batch of skill burst will be the best DPS of Saint.
    In this case, boss is not the hyper active like Lycan on Mist Nest.
    The worst part being DPS saint is when you put all relics on the ground and the boss run away, then you've wasted ur DPS timing.

Oh yah, in the situation above, Will Power Buff is applied. If without Will Power probably not enough time to cast the 2nd Lightning Relic

There are many situations happen in every run, every stage, every dungeon. The best way to practice controlling your Saint is learning every boss's skill pattern & mechanics. Also your timing to know how to press your keyboard buttons properly.

For now I think this is my short answer about your question. Hope it can help...
    Last edited by Lans Vahndreas; 04-06-2019, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the colors, definitely the most basic skill rotation and that everybody can use, but using healing relic as a catalyst for a bit more of damage by using SoR or HB isn't a good idea in a party and team play, but since this is for solo i don't think its a bad thing (you don't have anyone to heal anyway, basically you can just use heal yourself hehe)

• Lans Vahndreas
      Lans Vahndreas commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that...
      Yah, absolutely right. That's a short guide skill rotation for saint in solo run. So yeah, if in party need to use any heal & protection skills wisely, usually I only spam Lightning Relic and Bind Relic to help DPSing. But if sure the team can kill the boss with fast burst, then I use that solo run method

• TomatoKun
      TomatoKun commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks sir. This would really help me!!

I am no saint main nor a pro saint, but i can probably help you with the basic skill rotation i know of when i was using mine back in the days:

Before we discuss about the skill rotations, even though you are a saint and know the basics of all the skills you possess, it would be best for you to know what my opinion is from each of it so that you can get a grip of i want you to know about my intentions.

Relics

Your Relics are one of your key skills in order to make use of your Shock of Relic skill, as well as improve the DPS of your Holy Burst skill (not to mention it also gives you a buff base on one of your passive enhancements) but ofc you can't just use Healing Relic and Cure Relic just to make use of it.
    • Lightning Relic - only use this at stages where you know a boss will gladly stay in one location, if you are often to find yourself frustrated over how boss keeps moving around and your Lightning relic isn't in the right position to be useful, be mindful of your party member's locations and know the attack patterns of your enemies

Lets say ignacio from Guardian Nest 4th stage boss often charges infront whoever he is targeting, be sure to know the location of your party members, if you know where ignacio will charge, run in advance to the point where you know he will stop and go slam your lightning relic and bind relic in addition for a damage increase debuff, holy burst and then shock relic, don't mind waiting for another lightning relic since the purpose is to use SoR the moment you can, if you wait another second for your lightning relic to cooldown, ignacio might run away again or move to another spot.
    • Bind Relic - same principle as for lightning relic, but this stays in 1 spot longer than LR, be sure to use this in combination when you know the enemy will stay in that location for a long period of time and then us this, or you can just slam this onto the middle of the area so that it has a much wider area coverage to debuff enemies nearby (this applies to the stage where boss sticks mostly often in the middle of the stage.
    • Never use relics in -
      do not use this on the 2nd lava stage on volcano nest near the crystals, use it when you have lured that guy into the empty puddle, but be mindful he can destroy the relic
    • Healing and Cure Relic - never sacrifice this for the purpose of having to keep spamming relics for SoR or Holy Burst, only use this for emergencies especially healing relic, you can use Cure relic in advance for when you know some of your party members might get poisoned, burn, or frozen, but debuff removal does not work under special circumstances, such as the curses on Trial Nest, or Curse Marks on certain boss mechanics like on stage 3 and final boss on volcano nest, the anvil throwing mark on stage 3 on TKN.
    • Miracle Relic - this isn't a skill to spam, this is for a purpose of maintaining the party alive by giving them damage resistance buff for a short duration, if you see your party members low on health or half of their hp is gone yet your healing skills are in cooldown, use this, in combination of Immortality if you know that there will be a large AoE attack from a boss like a hard slam from the manticore and players need to jump, but sometimes accidents happen and if you know they won't make that jump, use this, coordination is also key and know your party members is what makes you the best support for them to have.
    DPS Skills
    • Holy Burst - because of your Awakening passive enhancement for this skill, any summoned relics will also be a beacon for Holy burst, having additional damage dealt to enemies near any relics you've summoned, this is a good initial skill to use before using SoR for the light atk buff beforehand after using this skill
    • Grand Cross - Grand Cross is in combination with Antiphona pool, but it is trick to use this when a boss is moving, be mindful to only use this skill when you know enemies will be stuck in a particular spot for a few seconds before using this, i recommend to use this only when you have the opportunity, don't risk it when you know you might get hit while casting this ability.
    • Holy Bolt - awakening skill, this is in combination with your Blessed Sign, it will only just position your AoE ability from around your character to infront, this will also make you vulnerable for a few seconds and it lasts for a good 3 seconds even with the best action speed buff around, 2.5 tops with premium stone (so 3 seconds is your best with an RH, will power fragment, and action speed buff from Archer/Lancea) since the total casting time on a basic casting speed is around 4.5 ~ 5 seconds time, only use this after the GC>AP combo
    • SoR - probably the worst skill you could ever miss a shot with, when you know you can use this and an enemy is near your lightning relic, be sure to use it, do not wait for another relic to come and do not waste the chance, since this skill has a decent cooldown time, you can keep on spamming it, as i have said do not sacrifice your supportive relics, both healing and cure relic are important, so lightning relic and bind relic is the only ones you can count on, miracle relic is a bonus but that's for emergencies.
    • antiphona pool - same principle for GC>AP combo, but you can use this before or after that, casting time is same as Holy Bolt, so nothing to worry about, but the range is limited, so keep this in a spot where an enemy will be lingering for a longer period of time or often runs through that path.
    • Blessed Sign - do not use this on its own, use holy bolt with it, not really useful if you need to get close enough to hit enemies with it, be sure to always stay safe since you are the healer, you always need to be on the back row to heal whenever possible.
    Things to remember when using your supportive skills:
    • Healing relic even with its EX, still has limited range, be sure to cast this on a safe place where your party members know that they can pass by to get healed while avoiding the attacks of the boss, be sure to keep this relic safe as well, it will get trashed easily.
    • Cure relic is best used on stage with lots of debuffs like poison and burns, volcano nest is also a perfect example for that, this also has limited range, and since the initial cast for this will remove debuffs, better use it when nearby your party members which has the debuffs.
    • Heals like great heal and HEAL is basically something you use when your party members are low on health, use it when they are below half of their HP, do not use this when they still got like a quarter of their HP, you can just drop a healing relic if they do, great heal are for emergencies, you can also use HEAL if you are worried, but timing is the best to maintain a heal skill ready for whenever there's an emergency.
    • Protection shell is a good skill to use when you know there will be an unexpected situation coming, a good example would that is on the final stage of daidalos nest, when the clown boss has around less than 25% of its HP, it will keep on attacking everybody with shockwaves on the ground, this is sometimes hard to dodge without a player's good intuition, so be sure to use this near party members so when they get accidentally hit, they will receive less damage, or you can probably use Immortality if you're really worried, but you should save that if you know they can dodge most of it.

Saint doesn't really need to mainly focus on dealing dps, but a player needs to focus on their party member's hp bar, whoever tells you that you need to keep dealing dps and sacrificing your own safety to do that? that person must be an amateur, as a saint with the least DPS possible in a party, you should just learn to manage your own and keep safe, unlike LF, you are very vulnerable with the least expected DPS in a party, so you are pretty much gonna be depending on occasional participation of dealing dps when a boss is stunned, or is idly staying in 1 location.

Basic DPS skill rotation
    be mindful of the acronyms that i will use.
    (boss appears, not much of a moving target) LR>BR>HB>AP>LR (if CD)>SoR>GC+AP Ins>HB+BS>Repeat

In between GC+AP you can just use a regular AP skill, you can do that before or after you do that combo.
    Always use HB before SoR since SoR is basically your best burst dps skill possible, and if you get to land 2 LR with 6 mini relics near a boss, you are basically doing a great job.

You can also spam around LR on a circle, or in a line that you know each connects and has reach with each other's SoR, i will provide an image soon once i've logged in into the game to show you what i'm talking about.

as i said, NEver use cure relic and healing relic for dps of SoR and HB, you are basically using your life support no matter what other players say, and it is stupid, always reserve Healing relic for certain situations like your party members are getting damaged, use it in a safe spot but that can reach your party members that deals dps, cure relic can also be used whenever a boss doesn't have any means of inflicting debuff on your party members so its fine.

Comment

• TomatoKun
      TomatoKun commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow this is a very detailed guide! I agree on the healing and cure relic parts. Thank sir!
Working...
X