Question on crusader RMJ patch:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on crusader RMJ patch:

Good day guys, I'd like to ask which main stat should I go if I'll use RMJ on my crusader: Str or int?
    Thanks!

I use this guy from DN TW as a reference for crus, (watch?v=Mky0PFCWYo4) in the comment he mentioned about having more STR (assuming he mainly uses that) while INT to clear DuDN.

Comment

Both Patk and Matk is necessary for crusaders to have to deal a good amount of DPS, but having either STR or INT as the main focus of stat? i can say that you can have either on a balanced scaled by having several defense jades to be STR, the other half jades equipped would be INT.

You can't really focus on either STR and Patk only, because the DPS rating of crusader scales in between both Patk and Matk, Judge's Power improves both your patk and matk respectively depending on how many STR and INT you have, its an old saying whether you focus on one stats to the other, i say that get as much of both as possible on an even scale.

Having too much STR or INT isn't a problem, but the issue lies with your Patk and Matk, your jades should have both Patk and Matk (mixed) in order to get as much stats as possible because Mixed jade types gives more of an edge towards Crusaders since they both use Patk and Matk.

Lightning Zap (as mentioned by the thread starter, RMJ improves upon the Lightning Zap skill) both uses Patk and Matk, but the zap deals damage in an instance of which it uses Patk first, and the occurring electrocution with damage dealing properties uses your Matk as a base, meaning Patk on Lightning Zap deals the entire damage first and the occurring zaps or electrocution along with damage is incurred by Matk, so if your aim is to only improve upon the instant damage, you can go with STR and Patk focus, but that's entirely a stupid concept to begin with.

Just stick with a more balanced Patk and Matk, it will prove you more good than sticking with one particular stats, what's the point of actually having a mixed stats over a crusader if people prefer one stat over the other? its nonsense.

Comment

Relax. I was only asking which is better for the RMJ. As far knowledge about crus, I'm pretty sure I know my way having it as main for so long now. I got all my heraldry and talis with both dest/magic as well as int and str and all mixed-stat jades. Asking for which is better stat for RMJ doesn't mean I'm only using one stat, I only need an idea if it would be better if I got better str over int as since as far as talisman slots and others stuffs are concerned I can't totally equalize both. You might wanna tell that OP crus that he's not-so-good at being crus since he mentioned that he got more on one stat than the other at certain stages.

We all got freedom on gearing our characters, just because you have different build than the others doesn't make them stupid. You gotta relax and just enjoy the game. Stop the hate
        Thanks for the input anyways
        Last edited by Hatdog; 04-06-2020, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• Hatdog
          Hatdog commented
          Editing a comment
          My heraldries and talismans both got int and str, as well as p.atk and m.atk. The only thing that I might change are my jades which are currently all int-based. I might as well try a 4 str jades and 3 int jades once I'll have my hand on a RMJ. Ignoring one of those 2 would srsly take out too much of our dmg potential as crus. Well, this is another very helpful information indeed. Thank you so much

Edit: I haven't even seen a single tomb even when I was spamming alot of dungeon mission boards last night.

• Mr.Shovels
          Mr.Shovels commented
          Editing a comment
          which floor are you trying to do your dungeons? i've encountered 2 so far yesterday which i've gotten 100 red fragments but no jades dropped and i was running at floor 8.

• Hatdog
          Hatdog commented
          Editing a comment
          Kinda random. Sometimes I do F10, sometimes just 8, and 6 with subs. Not even a single one showed up for 2 days now hahaha (Around 2 hours of dungeon hunting per day) I guess I should increase my DH time. Btw where did you get to see those tombs?

Originally posted by BlessedSign View Post
        I use this guy from DN TW as a reference for crus, (watch?v=Mky0PFCWYo4) in the comment he mentioned about having more STR (assuming he mainly uses that) while INT to clear DuDN.
        Thanks for this sir, it's very helpful!

Comment

• BlessedSign
          BlessedSign commented
          Editing a comment
          After seeing how this guy plays without the need of constant changing of aura makes Crusader much enjoyable, it's already super spammy that way haha.

• Hatdog
          Hatdog commented
          Editing a comment
          True. I will somehow change my rotation, but won't exactly follow his rotation since I still find thor's hammer an important part of crus' dps

• Mr.Shovels
          Mr.Shovels commented
          Editing a comment
          I've figured out the math on how big of a damage boost will LZ has when equipped with LZ:
          roughly 13,000 Patk and Matk damage dealt, meaning that LZ could deal as much dps as Thor's hammer could deal (as strong as Mighty Blow's Enhanced version but better)
          and if you would add a goddess heraldry on to it, it would be enormous but that's only my guess since the actual dps of the LZ on all the added bonus might only be additive on the bonus from all the properties and does not stack, like the EX of LZ would be improved by the RMJ, and then improved by the goddess heraldry, which probably too OP, from what i think what happens is that all the bonuses only improves on the base value of LZ and each is added to a total.
          math is complicated, so is the numbers in DN

I think crusader skill rotation has changed. Conviction is no longer needed, better to use elemtal aura for MB/HH instant and focus on LZ.

It gets even stronger if you can enhance the jade and get goddess gear for LZ (which is why HH/MB fall short) and plate.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
          Mr.Shovels commented
          Editing a comment
          as much as possible, don't get vacant on using any skills you have to, if you're out of skill and the first few skills still has 3 or 4 seconds left on its cool down, don't hesitate to switch to conviction from elemental in order to keep constant dps on the target since even if you're vacant for 2 seconds your dps will significantly drop.

When switching to Conviction, do use both MB and HH even if you have skills already cooled down so that it will also recover TH's since it is also a significant skill to use added to your dps, i highly suggest to use damage skill heraldry for TH as from what i've thought of, the cooldown doesn't really make any difference since you rarely use your TH because you're more focused on using elemental, but there seems to be a bit of an issue with TH since there are times it doesn't deal critical hits because of the separate lands of the hammer, there will be times that the 1st land of the hammer won't deal a critical, or even entirely crippling your DPS because all 3 smash of the hammers didn't literally do any critical whatsoever which is absurd, but the damage difference is big when using cooldown skill heraldry and damage skill heraldry for the skill:

TH base value damage (without crit) using Cooldown skill heraldry - 890m
          TH base value damage ( " " ) using Damage skill heraldry - 1.21b

The values above are from my own test results on BTG, and with the indiscriminate spam of LZ, and instants of MB and HH you would definitely not needing to use much of TH so the damage increase is really necessary for this skill.

Other than that, any other skill heraldry you need to use besides the core skill heraldry for DC, LZ, TH, you can either pick JH or ES, if you have a goddess heraldry with your LZ, then there will be an additional slot there to accommodate DC, TH, and JH/ES skill heraldry, if you've got a heraldry expansion slot then as much as possible don't accommodate those slots with other skill heraldry you don't need, it is much better to use those slots for enhancement heraldry in order to acquire more stat boost to improve your attack power, FD, or stat attribute (STR or INT, you can focus whichever you want)

Also, a good tip would be to just increase your overall patk/matk by having either 1 of each stats on an attack dragon jade, and then 2 with light attack for convenience of having a higher light attack, but since clerics got the Passion party buff that increases elemental attack by +8%, then you're mostly focusing on using elemental which provides a +10% bonus, and with good enough costumes and accessories, i think you can support yourself just enough with atleast 80% of light attack, it is necessary to further improve your attack power since elemental attributes only contributes enough if you've got a higher attack power rating.

My plan is to change my attack jades from light attack to patk/matk once i get good enough costumes.

• RichyRichy
          RichyRichy commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr.Shovels ty for your insight on TH, I am a divine avatar user so I don't really utilize TH at all, i never found it useful. Still learning new things about crusader even after years of using him XD

When my skill are in CD when I use Elemental Aura, I use JH instant -> ES instant and I resume my combo.

I use DC, LZ, ES and Divine Avatar. It is unusual but it fits my coward play style (also I lagg a lot XD)
          Last edited by RichyRichy; 04-13-2020, 08:18 AM.

• Mr.Shovels
          Mr.Shovels commented
          Editing a comment
          There's nothing wrong with using DA at times where it is necessary, i also have learned DA and improved its level to 3 since the duration is nice.

Whenever i try to use DA its a purpose not to get knocked off and lose your momentum of using all of your abilities, since the Crusader could spam a lot of his skills, it is necessary to keep on dealing as much dps as possible, and since TH recovers cooldown quickly once you use conviction enhanced MB and HH, it is safe to say that the DA is a very useful utility skill but TH really does prove to be a good dps skill, not to mention when your crusader doesn't have a BMJ equipped yet, TH is your only tool of a massive dps skill on an early fight, and i only use DA whenever i see an enemy that's finicky and moves a lot on the battlefield.

i use SIDESTEP (DODGE) > Divine Breaker > JH Instant whenever i need to dodge as a counter on an enemy boss attack, i also use it to connect my attacks whenever i am knocked back, needs to dodge an attack to combo out my way from being pushed away from a distance, it is also overlooked by some crusader users as a means to DC skill enhancement rather than a means of connecting your combo or continuation on your assault when trying to dodge an enemy attack.

You can also try to connect Divine Breaker with lightning strike by pressing space after DB, afterwards use JH first and ES instants, since you first triggered the instant for JH so it might disappear once you try to use ES instant first. Lightning Strike + ES Instant is always a connective combo to use on other skills, such as using ES, and then press space to use LS, then trigger the ES Instant, but i often use it whenever i use armor break in order to debuff the enemy which is also a good way to connect your attacks since once you start trashing your enemy, you cannot stop until the enemy is dead or you will lose momentum, and losing the combo of skills means degrading yourself of your DPS value on the long run.

Testing skills and experimenting with rotations are key to being an effective player, its not just smashing buttons and gearing your character, PVE requires good coordinated attacks, reflexes and fast decision making in order to get the best outcome of a situation, a lot of players think that they are better because of their gear, i've seen people with only skila owning other players with the same class but with better gear on the DPS department, and i can say that they are not doing a very good job, because DN isn't suppose to be a game you enjoy just by playing it, you have to master it as something every player possesses the ability to do, but doesn't choose to.

Just to share with you how amazing the RMJ for Crusader is:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	DN 2020-04-09 20-08-29 Thu.jpg Views:	1 Size:	169.8 KB ID:	168661

Mind you that i only have a +6 skila setup and 4 Legend grade attack jades (one being dark attack) with an average of 3.** - 4.3m on patk and 3.7 - 4.1m on matk

Lightning zap as to what i have guessed, is as strong as Thor's Hammer (which also could be used twice and much faster cooldowns than TH) not to mention, the Area of Effect on LZ's is as wide as MB's area of attack.

Also, a bit of a comparison to let you know how OP the RMJ makes the crusader:
        Without the Blood Moon Jade With the Blood Moon Jade
        Click image for larger version  Name:	DN 2020-04-09 20-14-08 Thu.jpg Views:	1 Size:	184.8 KB ID:	168662 Click image for larger version  Name:	DN 2020-04-09 20-13-51 Thu.jpg Views:	1 Size:	180.0 KB ID:	168663
        And then, further tests if you want to see my comparison between my average dps without the RMJ (Before Patch)
        [Image below was taken weeks ago when i still had a +10 FDN Weapon]
        Click image for larger version  Name:	DN 2020-03-21 15-04-30 Sat.jpg Views:	1 Size:	186.3 KB ID:	168664

Imagine if i still had an FDN weapon, it would still be bigger with that advantage.

My current Equipment and stats when i have Tested the RMJ:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	DN 2020-04-09 20-18-41 Thu.jpg Views:	1 Size:	188.4 KB ID:	168665

The necklace i have is the "Divine Punishment Necklace" which boasts an amazing 170k attack power on both Patk and Matk, as well as a boost of 7100 on both STR and INT, the skill effect on the necklace isn't really what you wanted for wearing the necklace but instead the insane stat boost, even the Forest Dragon Necklace won't beat this any day.

Crusader's probably gonna be a competitor of Inquisitor this patch depending if that detonate could deal more than a twice LZ could.
        Last edited by Mr.Shovels; 04-09-2020, 05:28 AM.

Comment

• RichyRichy
          RichyRichy commented
          Editing a comment
          Ty for this info, I can't play DN rite now due to undesirable circumstances.

Crusader's should stick to aura switching if they don't have BMJ. The damage boost is insane and welcome for crusaders. The boost on your character is impressive, the thought of using goddess gear, plates and +10BMJ is game changing
      Working...
      X