Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion on Knightess (Lancea 2nd class)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion on Knightess (Lancea 2nd class)

Hi, I didn't do much homework on the Lancea 2nd class. However, I am hoping others did and could contribute to a fruitful discussion on Knightess in general, as such a thread is lacking in this forum. Would anyone like to participate? Please share your findings. Thank you.

This thread could serve as general thread for information and discussion for players.

Things which may be of interest to gauge its potential: skill tables showing total dmg and cd, burst rotation and their approximate damage, strenghts, limitations in current meta (GDN and FDN).
    Last edited by Xenocho; 08-09-2018, 02:45 AM.
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

I tried Randgrid and did some test.
    for DPS-ing, i follow this guy's rotation.
    I'm impressed that he learn to do some
    Cancel Animation of some skills to cast another dps skill

Hope this video help for rotation.

For raids such as RuDN & GDN. I haven't tried. sry T_T

For Avalanche, She's too slow af.
    SB looks better than her.
    Her ice stack/debuff is working on PT
    but has a downtime of 7-9seconds due to its 80% chance and cooldown
    Just imagine her ice stack like adept's ice beam insta.

ps#1. I am dying much on phoenix floor 5 with neris +20 gears. I dunno the best rotation yet.
    ps#2. My fingers are scribbled when im using randgrid.
    ps#3. I need a sea/english version to understand everything @_@. its too hard to test while pressing alt-tab for experiments
    Always look straight to your goals, conquer them all and have fun.

Comment

• Nimmienaticz
      Nimmienaticz commented
      Editing a comment
      Also adding this one.

horsey horsey = somewhat like 4 seconds full iframe
      Last edited by Nimmienaticz; 08-09-2018, 05:30 PM.

• Nimmienaticz
      Nimmienaticz commented
      Editing a comment
      my verdict as a fellow lancea user,
      randgrid is wao.
      avalanche is somehow meh but bursty af.

i will personally rank them as per my exp dps-ing:
      flurry > randgrid > avalanche / sb

flurry still op and nonetheless the most op lancea despite the nerf.

Originally posted by Nimmienaticz View Post
    I tried Randgrid and did some test.
    for DPS-ing, i follow this guy's rotation.
    I'm impressed that he learn to do some
    Cancel Animation of some skills to cast another dps skill

Hope this video help for rotation.

For raids such as RuDN & GDN. I haven't tried. sry T_T

For Avalanche, She's too slow af.
    SB looks better than her.
    Her ice stack/debuff is working on PT
    but has a downtime of 7-9seconds due to its 80% chance and cooldown
    Just imagine her ice stack like adept's ice beam insta.

ps#1. I am dying much on phoenix floor 5 with neris +20 gears. I dunno the best rotation yet.
    ps#2. My fingers are scribbled when im using randgrid.
    ps#3. I need a sea/english version to understand everything @_@. its too hard to test while pressing alt-tab for experiments
    thank you Nimmie for your input

Using mobile sucks for text editing. Sorry to quote the whole thingy. I meant to shorten it but I am terrible.

How does the skill boost from the latest patch affect them? Any comments on that?
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• Nimmienaticz
      Nimmienaticz commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't tried but patch note said post-casting delay is improved.
      some skills are nerfed but sadly
      i can't try T_T

my ip is blocked again ~_~

ps. the last time i tried to play kdn was back july 27

I will copy-paste my initial thoughts on Varun's Knightess skills videos. Since Nimmie have tried them I'll wait for any correction:

Randgrid

"~Heat Up(Buff) dependant for max her DPS potential which usually it's not that good

~Her awakening passives gives effects that at other skills are given on their EX or by default, in comparison that's really disapointing

~Looks very appealing for PVP

~The willpower fragment actually solved the problem of how slow she looked like

~That Blaze Strike looks kinda... dumb... all that charging to basically just let the lance falls... it looks awful, why not fall with a crash with the lance? At least is what I was waiting from a so dramatic skill animation, show at least a bit of passion while she's doing her ultimate instead that... thing

~A lot of skills actually very similar to others

~Heroic Charge consumes all courage and they're not even needed to cast it? I don't see any increase on the damage or action speed or anything neither, that makes nu sense to me

~Yes she needs some improvements, I hope devs won't make us more sad too, I was looking forward to this class, really like Randgrid concept overall"

And after seeing videos from this youtuber which I follow as well and the last skill balancing for her, I would like to add:

I don't see any increase in action speed for Band N Junk instant when Meteor Fall is used

The main dps skills seems to be Counter Flare, Heroic Charge, Horn Raid (tho this one kinda only when CM1 effect activates) and CM3 Bang N Junk. Meteor Fall and Rising Horn looks like good fillers overall tho

I'm kinda hoping for Radical Charge to get a damage reduction effect while using, otherwise strictly only useful for mobilization

I think it would be good if she could get bubbles when Parry is succesful, considering how bubble hungry she seems outside Heat Up.
    If we compare (outside the nuliffied damage effect):

Parry for Gladi is a main dps skill
    Hornet Touch for Flurry is a main bubble generator skill
    Tumble awake for Ripper is a damage boost skill (tho the mechanic makes it overall useless, the boost is there)

Don't think should name Guardian and Defensio since they are more like Tank oriented classes

They nerfed the additional damage for Counter Flare but slighty reduced the CD and now Counter Flare reduces it's own CD when hit? If I recall correctly, so might be overall good

They nerfed Heroic Charge damage but the reduction on the CD kinda compensates the damage loss, it should be better this way I think

They increased the additional damage for the EX skills, all in all seems more like a boost overall

I think Randgrid have kinda too much HP recovery alternatives for a class with a not so reckless gameplay but I might be wrong, also parrys, I feel like they could say in any time that Randgrid will become a tank class and I will be totally ok with that because it would make more sense to me as of now

Avalanche

"~She seems easier to manage than Randgrid

~She does not seem to have any issue with moving bosses (which I think Randgrid might have some)

~The awakening passive Frost Infusion seems good I don't see how many chance of adding Ice stack the Blunt Slash have anywhere but you used it 3 times and added the ice stack the 3 times, so if 100%, with the 50% CD reduction when used in combo with Brandish she will have a very constant ice debuff there (so 80% accordingly to Nimmie)

~What the fu that parrying step awake? Unless the 20% CD Reduction is for ALL skills then I would say it's not that bad but if not, what a useless awakening passive, the other part of Fighting Spirit is just ''fine'', not really necessary

~The Crystal Lance passive I think it's not that bad because even if it's RNG, she has a lot of skills to trigger it so at least shouldn't be too troublesome, it reminds me of Fever passive from Sally but a better version, also a bit of Flurry's vulnerable passive, she has 5% to trigger vulnerable but this can be triggered with every single skill and even normal hits and it appears very constantly actually so that's why I think Avalanche might be fine but I think that the enhanced one might actually need an increase in it's rate

~The magic attack buffs does not seem to worth the bother

~Blizzard Shooter looks fine but can you cancel the animation with tumble? Seems to let you a bit vulnerable (Varun didn't answer this, hoep Nimmie can)

~Some skills are very similar to others. I don't see any instant aspect in Extreme Twister, it does not even look faster, if I recall correctly Randgrid had something similar, a ghost instant skill

~She seems more graceful than her sister Randgrind at least in terms of awakening passives, also first class with 3 damage debuffs holy sh**, really excited to try them both"

The recent change on her CM3 seems pretty good.

This might help with Avalanche rotation tho contrary with the Randgrid's youtuber, this one is a bit inactive.

Last edited by Adhelaida; 08-10-2018, 02:01 AM.
    IGN: Adhelaida, KasumiDesu.

How To Defensio PVE Guide Cap 95

Comment

• LoliYumi
      LoliYumi commented
      Editing a comment
      See Nimmienaticz your avid fan came back to life, and he miss you so much..lol

• BananaCredits
      BananaCredits commented
      Editing a comment
      I cannot brain anymore

• Nimmienaticz
      Nimmienaticz commented
      Editing a comment
      my brain is not respoding. please help

can i know if the new avalanche and rangrid will be higher dps than flurry?

Comment

• Nimmienaticz
      Nimmienaticz commented
      Editing a comment
      As per my dps experiments.
      Flurry still on top
      followed by Randgrid & Avalanche/Sting Breezer

disclaimer: i don't know yet the best possible combo for randgrid & ava that time,
      but i am amazed that those new lancea jobs are pretty decent and straight-forward
      compared to the time they released flurry & sb.

• ArvinALQ
      ArvinALQ commented
      Editing a comment
      oh thanks so flurry still :>

I'm not sure if I should start a new thread, but it seems new threads don't gain much traction.

I want to try DN again, but this time using a Lancea class, instead of Kali. Since the release of the Knightess, how do you find their DPS in comparison with Flurry/SB? I opened the level up box until 95 and I have an opportunity to change my SB to either Rand or Ava.

I checked Divinitor and saw upcoming nerfs for Flurry/SB. And based on the posts, Rand is tanky with a lot of healing? I can see some healing on Ava but people don't usually hone in on that. So how do they perform now in real use?

Comment

Working...
    X