Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Guide] How to use your Black Mara (PVE - Raid)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for this guide Seraphimu senpai-sama. Sorry if I seem to be one of the people pestering you for your build. I'm sorry if I annoy you with my comments on YouTube...

I'm a wannabe you in-game.

-DEE

Comment

Good guide but was a pain in the ass to read.. shouldve stuck w fonts that are legible to all themes because some ppl prefer the default style

Comment

• Seraphimu
        Seraphimu commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for your constructive feedback! I assumed that most players would turn to the dark theme because they valued their eyesight, but clearly wrong here.
        I've changed the the White fonts to default Automatic, hopefully this solves the problem~

• Amaterasu
        Amaterasu commented
        Editing a comment
        Xenocho the default font color is actually visible on both themes. didnt have to be completely hidden on one so it can look pretty on the other

Seraphimu i value my eyesight as much as the next person but if u have astigmatism (as the other half of population do) then u might just find it easier on the eyes to read with a lighter background. thanks for changing it tho

• Xenocho
        Xenocho commented
        Editing a comment
        I see. I was not aware of this. Thanks for informing.

Would you say this method is strictly better only in long runs than double transformation method?
      IGN: Adhelaida, KasumiDesu.

How To Defensio PVE Guide Cap 95

Comment

Originally posted by Adhelaida View Post
        Would you say this method is strictly better only in long runs than double transformation method?
        Hi. That's a good question. This is a very common dilemma among Mara users currently.
        I would say this method is better as long as you need to transform more than once in the run. Transforming twice is not healthy for bubble management, but can be worth the additional damage, if done right.
        You can use the double transformation to reset Void Coil CD. This is advisable only if you have +1 on Void Coil.

So it would look something like this:
        Transform > Void Coil > Transform > Void Coil > Contract combo

In all other cases aside from the aforementioned scenario, I do not recommend using the double transformation method.
        It's already something I mentioned in the FAQ, but allow me to use this post to elaborate on it more.

Refer to this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	BlackMara_Transform.JPG
Views:	422
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	94464
        *Do note +20% from plate should not be added in that manner, especially if you have FD. Just done for illustration purposes.

Black Mara, if plated, has very good skill damage % for its cast time and CD.

However, the dilemma here is that it will consume 11 additional bubbles, and using Contracts for bubble gain (Combo 2) is not advisable as your main bulk of damage comes from Transformed Contract combo.
        If the subsequent Transformation is not of concern, you may use the double transformation.

*For those who do not know, this is how double transformation is done:
        In normal form, set up Smoke Storm, then use Contract combo - remember sets of 2, and transform before Contract Cleaving hits (it has a slight delay you can use). You will transform at 60 bubbles, and be left with 49 after consumption of 11.
        You will gain additional 7 bubbles when Contract Cleaving lands. Giving you 56 bubbles. Smoke Storm helps to maintain your bubble count, which allows you to transform again.
        Upon transformation, you will be left with 45 bubbles. You will use your Contract combo after this.

TLDR;
        1) Please remember to abuse Void Coil's CD reset upon transformation by using Void Coil within the 3s CD of Black Mara, otherwise it wouldn't be worth it.
        2) Please exhale on time even if you can't finish your Contracts if the subsequent Transformation is of concern.
        3) Harmonize is advised for this.

This was not something I have been doing until very recently, so I'll have to try it in more scenarios to evaluate it better, but it looks promising if you have the right conditions for it.
        Optimal rotation may require use of this and the non-double transformation method.

I will add this into the combo section with a video when I get time over the next few days, but I still recommend that beginners do not follow it until they are familiar with the basics, to avoid going below the advised bubble count.

才能は開花させるもの
        センスは磨くもの
        Seraphimu・RillaRooMaraphimuTaliceGrayKarifene

Comment

Originally posted by Seraphimu View Post

Hi. That's a good question. This is a very common dilemma among Mara users currently.
          I would say this method is better as long as you need to transform more than once in the run. Transforming twice is not healthy for bubble management, but can be worth the additional damage, if done right.
          You can use the double transformation to reset Void Coil CD. This is advisable only if you have +1 on Void Coil.

So it would look something like this:
          Transform > Void Coil > Transform > Void Coil > Contract combo

In all other cases aside from the aforementioned scenario, I do not recommend using the double transformation method.
          It's already something I mentioned in the FAQ, but allow me to use this post to elaborate on it more.

Refer to this: Click image for larger version  Name:	BlackMara_Transform.JPG Views:	1 Size:	24.3 KB ID:	94464

*Do note +20% from plate should not be added in that manner, especially if you have FD. Just done for illustration purposes.

Black Mara, if plated, has very good skill damage % for its cast time and CD.

However, the dilemma here is that it will consume 11 additional bubbles, and using Contracts for bubble gain (Combo 2) is not advisable as your main bulk of damage comes from Transformed Contract combo.
          If the subsequent Transformation is not of concern, you may use the double transformation.

*For those who do not know, this is how double transformation is done:
          In normal form, set up Smoke Storm, then use Contract combo - remember sets of 2, and transform before Contract Cleaving hits (it has a slight delay you can use). You will transform at 60 bubbles, and be left with 49 after consumption of 11.
          You will gain additional 7 bubbles when Contract Cleaving lands. Giving you 56 bubbles. Smoke Storm helps to maintain your bubble count, which allows you to transform again.
          Upon transformation, you will be left with 45 bubbles. You will use your Contract combo after this.

TLDR;
          1) Please remember to abuse Void Coil's CD reset upon transformation by using Void Coil within the 3s CD of Black Mara, otherwise it wouldn't be worth it.
          2) Please exhale on time even if you can't finish your Contracts if the subsequent Transformation is of concern.
          3) Harmonize is advised for this.

This was not something I have been doing until very recently, so I'll have to try it in more scenarios to evaluate it better, but it looks promising if you have the right conditions for it.
          Optimal rotation may require use of this and the non-double transformation method.

I will add this into the combo section with a video when I get time over the next few days, but I still recommend that beginners do not follow it until they are familiar with the basics, to avoid going below the advised bubble count.
          I see, i was really wondering about it cause i felt a high rise of DPS when i started using it, thanks ill use this method from now on and wait for more future comparisons with the double transform one
          Last edited by Adhelaida; 10-07-2017, 10:32 AM.
          IGN: Adhelaida, KasumiDesu.

How To Defensio PVE Guide Cap 95

Comment

Pinning this

Comment

May I ask why 4 points into Void Explosion instead of Poison Missile? I'm currently trying to learn Mara as I've been eyeing ALL the sorcs and have been interested in them since I started c:

Comment

• Seraphimu
                Seraphimu commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi, void explosion is just where I chose to dump my spare points. You can use poison missile instead if you prefer that. It has close to 0 consequence on the final result.
                Last edited by Seraphimu; 11-17-2017, 12:41 AM.

• Eylstadt
                Eylstadt commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh okay c: Thanks. I ended up going with poison missile. Nice detailed guide btw

Been wondering. Aftermath's description says: "All received damage increases for a while.....enemies hit by transformation shockwave"

So does this refer to transform while pressing W as that causes "shockwave"?
              I tried in BTG and wanted to confirm. I don't see any indicator of this "debuff".

Comment

• Fabulous
                Fabulous commented
                Editing a comment
                No, it's saying that if the enemy is hit by the AOE of your transformation, they get debuffed. It doesn't have to be while holding S. It will be indicated by blue shields flying off the target.

Mara newbie here, may i know why choose entrophy B (10% FD) rather than enthropy A (10% crit and crit dmg) ?

Comment

• Seraphimu
                Seraphimu commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey there.
                1) It's because you can go past 100% FD with B, but you can't exceed the critical and critical damage cap.
                2) It's easier (read cheaper) to increase crit/cdmg stats than FD.
                3) 10% fd will also give you more damage overall in most cases. Present your stats if you're doubtful and I'll check it for you

• Xera
                Xera commented
                Editing a comment
                Ohh i see, it makes sense now... Thank you for the detailed explanation
                I will send my stat as soon as i'm able to go online

Hi guys, with the hard reset and skill oblivion, I would like to take the chance to quickly inform readers that the build in the guide is slightly outdated.
              With the upcoming updates in mind, this is what I propose:
              Click image for larger version  Name:	MaraBuildNew.JPG Views:	1 Size:	86.0 KB ID:	121282

I will just briefly describe what's changed.
              1) Shockwave/Poison in Sorceress tree is purely to hit the 45SP requirement and can be reallocated however you like.
              2) Haze B is changed to Haze A. Future update will change Haze A to give 3 contracts, but that's not the main reason.

I will find time to include this into my guide after they fix Insult no-hit-bugs (nov KR update), but CM3 (Insult) will actually give you better DPS. Haze B is changed to Haze A to facilitate that new rotation. The playing style of Mara also becomes significantly easier and can benefit better from Dispenser food (especially -15% cooldown birdnest pot). I will explain this in detail in time. In the meantime, take note of the above build changes.
              Last edited by Seraphimu; 02-06-2018, 08:15 PM.
              才能は開花させるもの
              センスは磨くもの
              Seraphimu・RillaRooMaraphimuTaliceGrayKarifene

Comment

• Seraphimu
                Seraphimu commented
                Editing a comment
                You could, but then it wouldn't be as good.
                1) It falls slower than Haze
                2) 135% vs 2860%

However there is merit in using hammer strike if that comforts you; Haze can cancel insult in mid-cast if used too early.

• KillianQ
                KillianQ commented
                Editing a comment
                i see...does airborn Haze have iframe?

• McYongers
                McYongers commented
                Editing a comment
                Is it possible to reflect the changes in your second post? Thanks!

Would you mind making new guide for Black Mara. With rotation and all. I would really appreciate it . Learned so much about mara from your guide but update would help .

Comment

When I was initially reading this around 2 weeks ago my head really hurts. Now that I got to my Black Mara to level 95 I'm starting to appreciate the awesomeness of this guide. Loving the rotation. It's so cool.

Thanks for the guide.

Comment

Late response.......but nice work.

Comment

Working...
                  X