Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small Notes on GM's MM and CM III (10th Sept 2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it`s my second day as a GearMaster today and CM3 is really cool, usually for cleaning left out mobs. but i`m still getting used to it.
    I noticed that with this, i`m forgetting mecha bomb in the rotation cuz i put the airshot in the quickslot where it used to be lol
    But I absolutely like CM3... it`s MM cannon instant for me..

Comment

Originally posted by Fourth View Post
      it`s my second day as a GearMaster today and CM3 is really cool, usually for cleaning left out mobs. but i`m still getting used to it.
      I noticed that with this, i`m forgetting mecha bomb in the rotation cuz i put the airshot in the quickslot where it used to be lol
      But I absolutely like CM3... it`s MM cannon instant for me..
      Have you tried soloing volcano nest normal? my first try cost me 11 lives, another unfriendly nest for GM.

Comment

Originally posted by atom100 View Post

Have you tried soloing volcano nest normal? my first try cost me 11 lives, another unfriendly nest for GM.
        It is terrible TBH. I tried solo-ing too. With my gears, doing the first two boss took more than 10 minutes due to constant movement, tower and duck wipes. I barely even have any time to use the CM III properly.

However, in BTG testing, the CM III use is actually splendid and smooth. Perhaps GM will do better in others but VN is not a friendly place.
        Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
        Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
        Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• atom100
          atom100 commented
          Editing a comment
          not optimistic about that the upcoming guardian nest is another unfriendly nest for GM, back in 70 cap it was the reason why mechanic mode was created.

• Xenocho
          Xenocho commented
          Editing a comment
          Sigh, I know. I enjoy GM a lot but this really makes frustration overwhelm any sort of fun using it.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to vn and guardian nest.
        I actually enjoyed them both as a gm.

Comment

Originally posted by Hanakarasu View Post
          Honestly, I'm looking forward to vn and guardian nest.
          I actually enjoyed them both as a gm.
          Ya chasing around pkn like boss , can't use summon against Gemstalker because it will trigger mechanics,summon wiped every hp bar from Lavanok are fun

Comment

• Xenocho
            Xenocho commented
            Editing a comment
            Rushing to the next empty pool to recall towers but they died to the new lava pool, all ducks dying to a stomp, why is the croc chasing the tower/duck/me randomly, and best of all: did they just summon wipe again?

not yet. but based on your inputs, it seems like it`s going to be a challenge for us gearmasters to rule the dungeon.
          but i think the guardian nest shd be fun for GM since tower recall is here. (i hope so)
          Nevertheless, i enjoy playing a gearmaster. that's like choosing a game difficulty and selecting the hardest one.

Comment

Originally posted by Fourth View Post

not yet. but based on your inputs, it seems like it`s going to be a challenge for us gearmasters to rule the dungeon.
            but i think the guardian nest shd be fun for GM since tower recall is here. (i hope so)
            Nevertheless, i enjoy playing a gearmaster. that's like choosing a game difficulty and selecting the hardest one.
            Tower recall will be useless because of summon wipe , weakness of GM and to some extent weakness of SS too.

Comment

• Fourth
              Fourth commented
              Editing a comment
              that's being a Gear Master. HAAHA~
              we have nothing to do with the mechanics, just have to embrace `em <3
              #GMForevs

Ya chasing around pkn like boss , can't use summon against Gemstalker because it will trigger mechanics,summon wiped every hp bar from Lavanok are fun
            That's the fun of GM, you have to be tactical with your playstyle. Take a gamble as to whether summon towers or wait in case of summon wipe.

Heck, it's actually easier now than it was say 80 cap where we had neither CM II or awakening to help with tower management.

Besides, since I use reload + demolition, I always make a habit of re-summoning towers to get the reload combo so I don't have to have reload in my skill bar (ex. summon gatling tower ---> right click to reload).

Comment

• Fourth
              Fourth commented
              Editing a comment
              I am a Demolition GM too but i have reload in my skill bar.
              summon tower + reload means that you cannot buff the towers with the Mechanic Mode..
              hhmm

• Xenocho
              Xenocho commented
              Editing a comment
              I would not recommend using Reload after summoning any tower. Now that tower lasts so long, using MM on it pushes damage in a longer run. Now that CM III is present, you will actually use it a lot and you can reload during that time.

• Hanakarasu
              Hanakarasu commented
              Editing a comment
              Well in areas where summon wipes are constant, not much point in buffing the other towers (exception chainsaw tower), may as well use reload after summoning one of the 3 engineer towers, usually gatling.

am i the only GM here that dont use mechanic mode i still prefer the old gameplay of GMs the no hassle of switching on and off in MM

Comment

Originally posted by ArvinALQ View Post
              am i the only GM here that dont use mechanic mode i still prefer the old gameplay of GMs the no hassle of switching on and off in MM
              Towers now can lasts for 90s, so you can stay in MM longer, so switching MM on and off every 90s is not that hassle. if you prefer the old gameplay better not to awakened your GM , at least it's possible to put 2 CST on the field.

Comment

Towers now can lasts for 90s, so you can stay in MM longer, so switching MM on and off every 90s is not that hassle. if you prefer the old gameplay better not to awakened your GM , at least it's possible to put 2 CST on the field.
                omg yaa i just realize that you think two chainsaw tower on the field is still good dps?? thanks omg

Comment

• Xenocho
                  Xenocho commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, because the GM can deal decent DPS by herself now. Preoccupying yourself with double CST (which the 2nd one only lasts 50% of the time), you will be unable to make use of all the GM's own skills such as Mecha Bomber, double Big Mecha Bomber, Mecha Duck, Mecha Cannon and lastly the CM III.
              Working...
              X