Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would that be referring to post #12 in this tread? Not sure what post#37 meant sorry and thank you

Comment

• Lara
      Lara commented
      Editing a comment
      Just curious would it be alright if I leave Quick shot at 1 instead of 6? Thank you!

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      You will need it at level 6 for the class mastery III when you are level 95. Remember that skills useful when leveling are not the same as skills being useful when you are max level. Do not invest into ping pong ball no matter how much you like it I miss that skill too.

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Lara please refer to the post below. Apologies for my mistakes.

Hi, I need to make a correction on the SS builds that I have been contributing:

Somewhere along the way, Reload EX appears to be changed to -3s instead of the fixed 12s CD. Due to this change, having Reload Lv 1 will cause it to have the CD of 20-3s, instead of the 12, and this will result in less DPS due to limited bullets. To have it at the usual 12s CD, Reload must be at its max level, Lv 11.

Hence, I propose the following skill build:

In this skill build, as you can see, SP is very tight, especially on the SS tree.

For the Academic tree, you may adjust as you like, as long as you qualify and ONLY use 45 SP in this section.
    - Skills which are boxed in orange are not compulsory to be maxed and skills boxed in red are totally unnecessary for PVE.
    - Options include learning Lv 1 Bubble Bubble or Force Out and reducing Mental Mastery (Max MP increase) by 2 levels
    - Academic skill tree does not affect DPS output (except for Quick Shot 6 and Alfredo 3 which are compulsory).

For the Engineer tree, most of the skills are compulsory to be maxed, such as the Alfredo Awakening skills, Cannon Blaster, Biochemical Missile and Chemical Grenade. Skills which can be reduced in skill level are boxed in green.
    - However, I still want to take MM due to its i-frame and attack power buff for Alfredo and Demolition (hence, you should always summon Alfredo and cast Demolition under the MM buff).
    - Due to SP limitations, you can only have MM at Lv 12. One could remove 1 SP from Reload or Mine Thrower to make MM Lv 13; however, this may not be worth the 2% attack power boost, especially due to diminishing returns from other skill atttack power sources.

For the Shooting Star tree, as usual, I avoided Air Shot Awakening. This is due to poor damage output and the focus of SS on Splash, Mine Thrower and Alfredo Skills. You should be too busy to even cast Air Shot.

In terms of future updates, this skill build works even after the boost from KDN's 15/11 patch. Please refer to this link (click me) for details and discussions.

Feel free to discuss about this skill build. Thank you and have a good day.
    Last edited by Xenocho; 12-19-2017, 04:21 AM.
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• LukaMisori
      LukaMisori commented
      Editing a comment
      Personally I'll probably go with the slight increase in reload CD because I feel like SS is a very burst class and during a single dps frame, timing only allows for probably a single reload inbetween. And I likely won't be randomly spamming splash inbetween dps frames (Now MT I can somewhat randomly aim and shoot but when it comes to splash I prefer a proper dps frame even if it's just 2-3seconds of what I know will be safe timing to hug the boss for a wide splash/quick shot>splash for a short distance and concentrated splash). As a mostly solo player :x I don't take unnecessary risks if I can and I find bullet management pretty okay in the long run. When I do run out, a 0.5second lower reload CD isn't enough to make a difference in the burst frame I ran of out bullets in.

But I like testing different builds ;-; I just don't find the difference between the three options huge enough to spend a skill reset on testing :<...So i hope i make the right decision *fingers crossed* . I'll probably skill in a level 10 reload when the boost comes in, I made a mistake leaving it at level 1 didn't check properly.

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Due to my negligence of SS during this level cap, I'd completely let this slip by too. I feel bad for misleading and hence this post.

I'd say the difference between MT and MM are small. However the CD of Reload probably has a bigger impact. With the future Splash nerf to use 2 bubbles, I think I rather not take my chances. Demolition also does not look much stronger than Splash so the MM buff has lesser impact on that since most likely focusing on Splash. And lastly, the boost most likely will result in less focus on Alfredo in general, so the 2% less patk is something I can afford I think.

Thanks for the heads up, just a few questions:
    1. Is mental mastery/mind conquer more vital?
    2. If I max Mech mode, should I remove points from cannon blaster/mine thrower
    3. What would be the recommended skill rotation
    Thank you so much =D
    Last edited by Lara; 12-19-2017, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lara View Post
      Thanks for the heads up, just a few questions:
      1. Is mental mastery/mind conquer more vital?
      2. If I max Mech mode, should I remove points from cannon blaster/mine thrower
      3. What would be the recommended skill rotation
      Thank you so much =D
      1) yes, regen is pretty useful when you are in a situation where you run out of mana/ failed a mech and you have no way to replenish mana.

2) no, removing points from Cannon blaster will affect one of your awakening passive which you cannot reduce cd for demolition after casting cannon blaster, and mine thrower is your 2nd core dps skill, so definitely not.

3) pre reload max ammo >Bcm> Mmode > alfredo > afredo berzerker> buster call > chemical grenade > Mt exi twice> Cm3 (quickshot ) into splash and exhaust your ammo > alfredo drill.
      Last edited by Chelly; 12-19-2017, 11:53 AM.

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
      When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

Another question, what are the requirements needed to unlock dark character I can't seem to create them Thank you =D

Comment

• Xenocho
          Xenocho commented
          Editing a comment
          Dark avenger? Needs special event/timing announced by ED.

• Lara
          Lara commented
          Editing a comment
          Considering btw RM and SH but they need event timing as well? Thank you =D

• Xenocho
          Xenocho commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, all of them can be created together if announced. But in future KDN will remove this restriction to allow anytime creation.

Originally posted by Chelly View Post

1) yes, regen is pretty useful when you are in a situation where you run out of mana/ failed a mech and you have no way to replenish mana.

2) no, removing points from Cannon blaster will affect one of your awakening passive which you cannot reduce cd for demolition after casting cannon blaster, and mine thrower is your 2nd core dps skill, so definitely not.

3) pre reload max ammo >Bcm> Mmode > alfredo > afredo berzerker> buster call > chemical grenade > Mt exi twice> Cm3 (quickshot ) into splash and exhaust your ammo > alfredo drill.
        Hi Chelly,

I can't find your SS guide.. please share me a link.. will it applicable once SS boost come to SEA though?

Comment

Originally posted by Pisc View Post

Hi Chelly,

I can't find your SS guide.. please share me a link.. will it applicable once SS boost come to SEA though?
          Unfortunately i do not have a SS guide, however you can refer to Remmystar’s aka Xenocho’s Detailed guide for engineers back in CC forum.

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
          When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

Unfortunately i do not have a SS guide, however you can refer to Remmystar’s aka Xenocho’s Detailed guide for engineers back in CC forum.
            Thanks for your prompt reply, Chelly. Happy Rainy New Year!

Comment

• Chelly
              Chelly commented
              Editing a comment
              Happy Rainy new year to you too haha xD

• Xenocho
              Xenocho commented
              Editing a comment
              I have not updated the guide, but there will still be relevance when it comes to SEA.

Hey guys! I came back playing just this month for the 95 cap and so far, I have been following this: http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/ge...survival-guide
            And now, I need an advice/guide on what gears should I aim for.

Right now, I am wearing +10 Neris set (the 95 Epic) together with the 93 Epic Accessories.
            I am a Physician concentrating on MATK btw.

Questions:

1. Are the slayer equips the best equips so far this 95 cap? And how far are Neris items from it?
            Basically, should I am for the Slayer equips as end gears?

2. Are Chiron accessories the highest tier accessories this cap? (purchasable from Mocha's Goddess Sparkle Store)

3. I just realised that Mocha is also selling 95 Green Talismans. Do we have Blue (rare)/Orange (epic) talismans available for 95 cap? If so, where can I find it? (I do not see it from Berlin's craft window)

4. Same question for Jades. So far, I only encounter Epic 93 Jades. Are those the best Jades so far? If so, should I just keep on upgrading the 93 Jades that I have?

I might have several more questions later on but thanks so much in advance e!!
            ---------
            DN SEA
            Harmonicah (Physician)
            Kaaalm (Soul Eater)
            ---------

Comment

Originally posted by elvesguild View Post
              Hey guys! I came back playing just this month for the 95 cap and so far, I have been following this: http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/ge...survival-guide
              And now, I need an advice/guide on what gears should I aim for.

Right now, I am wearing +10 Neris set (the 95 Epic) together with the 93 Epic Accessories.
              I am a Physician concentrating on MATK btw.

Questions:

1. Are the slayer equips the best equips so far this 95 cap? And how far are Neris items from it?
              Basically, should I am for the Slayer equips as end gears?

2. Are Chiron accessories the highest tier accessories this cap? (purchasable from Mocha's Goddess Sparkle Store)

3. I just realised that Mocha is also selling 95 Green Talismans. Do we have Blue (rare)/Orange (epic) talismans available for 95 cap? If so, where can I find it? (I do not see it from Berlin's craft window)

4. Same question for Jades. So far, I only encounter Epic 93 Jades. Are those the best Jades so far? If so, should I just keep on upgrading the 93 Jades that I have?

I might have several more questions later on but thanks so much in advance e!!

1 ) Calypse +20 has the same stats as slayer, which is the most strongest gear you can get at the moment, the gap from neris is extremely far, at least 3x the difference. however getting them is difficult and is very much RNG based with ftg limit per day, you can attempt to farm daily, but it will take some time.

2) No, genesis accessories are still the strongest, followed by 95 unique accessories , and Rune dragon L accessories. Chiron accessories are far inferior to the L and U grade accessories.

3) You only can get rare talismans and magic at this time, Rare is obtainable by 200 magic grade fragments + 15 magic grade essence , essence are very rare to get, and can expect 1kg for 1 pcs.

4) You can purchase 95 epic jades from mocha using nest points. however 93 epic jades are still viable, and a fully enhanced +15 epic jade is still stronger than champion epic jades ( cant be enhanced )

Comment

1 ) Calypse +20 has the same stats as slayer, which is the most strongest gear you can get at the moment, the gap from neris is extremely far, at least 3x the difference. however getting them is difficult and is very much RNG based with ftg limit per day, you can attempt to farm daily, but it will take some time.

2) No, genesis accessories are still the strongest, followed by 95 unique accessories , and Rune dragon L accessories. Chiron accessories are far inferior to the L and U grade accessories.

3) You only can get rare talismans and magic at this time, Rare is obtainable by 200 magic grade fragments + 15 magic grade essence , essence are very rare to get, and can expect 1kg for 1 pcs.

4) You can purchase 95 epic jades from mocha using nest points. however 93 epic jades are still viable, and a fully enhanced +15 epic jade is still stronger than champion epic jades ( cant be enhanced )

Thank you so much. I appreciate the help!

I do have more clarifications though (sorry to bother):

Regarding #1. Please correct me if I am wrong, or if you have any suggestions on the plan which I should take, please just tell~
                The 95 Gear Progression is Slayer > Calypse (craftable from RuDN Legend items) > Medea (craftable from RuDN Unique items) > Neris.
                Since I only play casually and I do not do raids, a realistic goal for me is to just settle with +20 Neris (Int) Equips and do Slayer every now and then, especially because Slayer can be done solo.

Regarding #2.
                - Where do I get 95 Unique accessories?
                - Also, are there any items that transform 93 L and U accessories (obtainable from RuDN) to 95 L and U accessories?
                Plan: Since I only play casually, I guess I will settle with Chiron.

Regarding #3.
                Thank you for the info. I'll settle with my green 95 talismans then (/hugs my talismans).
                I'll try to play NM though and attempt to craft Rare if possible. I think I would prefer NM than RuDN as I stay away from pubs generally and my inactive guild does not do RuDN as of the moment.

Regarding #4.
                Thanks so much. I'll stick with my upgraded 93 Jades then (/hugs my jades).
                I have a question though. Did the developers already release any updates/information stating that 95 Jades are upgradable in the future?
                Also, may the enhancement of 90 jades be transferred to 93 jades? (I was thinking that if the enhancement is transferrable, then they might do the same for 95 jades, and that it is worth it to upgrade my current 93 jades).

Thank you so much again for the help!
                ---------
                DN SEA
                Harmonicah (Physician)
                Kaaalm (Soul Eater)
                ---------

Comment

Originally posted by elvesguild View Post

Thank you so much. I appreciate the help!

I do have more clarifications though (sorry to bother):

Regarding #1. Please correct me if I am wrong, or if you have any suggestions on the plan which I should take, please just tell~
                  The 95 Gear Progression is Slayer > Calypse (craftable from RuDN Legend items) > Medea (craftable from RuDN Unique items) > Neris.
                  Since I only play casually and I do not do raids, a realistic goal for me is to just settle with +20 Neris (Int) Equips and do Slayer every now and then, especially because Slayer can be done solo.

Regarding #2.
                  - Where do I get 95 Unique accessories?
                  - Also, are there any items that transform 93 L and U accessories (obtainable from RuDN) to 95 L and U accessories?
                  Plan: Since I only play casually, I guess I will settle with Chiron.

Regarding #3.
                  Thank you for the info. I'll settle with my green 95 talismans then (/hugs my talismans).
                  I'll try to play NM though and attempt to craft Rare if possible. I think I would prefer NM than RuDN as I stay away from pubs generally and my inactive guild does not do RuDN as of the moment.

Regarding #4.
                  Thanks so much. I'll stick with my upgraded 93 Jades then (/hugs my jades).
                  I have a question though. Did the developers already release any updates/information stating that 95 Jades are upgradable in the future?
                  Also, may the enhancement of 90 jades be transferred to 93 jades? (I was thinking that if the enhancement is transferrable, then they might do the same for 95 jades, and that it is worth it to upgrade my current 93 jades).

Thank you so much again for the help!
                  #1) If you are settling for casual then you can set your end game gears at +20 medea, they are actually pretty easy to get, and pretty cheap, and ya, farm slayer daily and pray RNG that it drops your class.
                  You can also refer to this thread in GD. "http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/sea-forum/general-topics-aa/questions-answers/114996-gearing-question"

#2) 95unique accessories are prized drops iirc from hell mode nest, you can participate in hell 4man nest with pubs when you have your 20 medea, and it also relies on RNG.

#4) So far no, jades are not upgradable, but they boosted the base stats so you can expect champ jades stronger than +15 93 jades in the near future, and No, jades enhancement can not be transferred.
                  Last edited by Chelly; 01-02-2018, 05:57 AM.

Comment

• Xenocho
                    Xenocho commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for taking the time to reply these questions

• elvesguild
                    elvesguild commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You guys have been helpful! Thank you so much!

Thank you!! You guys have been helpful.

Alright so from there, my goal would be to:
                  1. Raise +20 Neris to +20 Medea
                  2. Get Chiron, then run VN HC to attempt getting 95 unique accessories.
                  3. ----
                  4. Upgrade my 93 Jades to maximum. And collect 95 Jades in advance.

I do not have any other questions at the moment. For now, I'll just focus on doing my Daily Tasks plus Slayer on the side.

Thank you once again everyone!
                  ---------
                  DN SEA
                  Harmonicah (Physician)
                  Kaaalm (Soul Eater)
                  ---------

Comment

Is there any way i can create dark avenger / black mara / etc... ? new player, new account here

Comment

Originally posted by Daveydoodz View Post
                      Is there any way i can create dark avenger / black mara / etc... ? new player, new account here
                      Not at the moment, probably the next time you can create dark character is during blood phantom release roughly 3 months away from now.

Comment

Working...
                      X