This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Discussion/Q&A Thread for Academics

Hi, this thread will serve as a Q & A thread, so ask anything and anyone will try to answer. I will eventually compile FAQ for questions which pop up repeatedly. Cheers and have fun.
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Reserved for FAQ maybe
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

Reserved again.

Comment

General info on Adept CM III (Napalm Bomb)

On casting Napalm Bomb alone
        - CM III increases Napalm Bomb's damage by 200%

Coefficient changes
        - Total: 1.0 to 3.0 board damage, 5 hits total
        - Per hit: 0.2 to 0.6 board damage each hit, 5 hits total

Damage changes
        - Lv 6. 279% to 837%
        - Lv 11. 429% to 1,287% (53.76% increase)
        - Lv 16. 579% to 1,737% (34.97% increase)
        - Lv 21. 730% to 2,190% (26.08% increase)
        - Lv 27. 895% to 2,685% (22.60% increase)

How to use it
        - Throw it slightly infront of the desired target. The grenade fire moves forward (away from thrown direction).
        - Efficient for pushing obstacles if aimed correctly

Pairing Napalm Bomb with Magma Wave
        - Casting Magma Wave on an area hit by Napalm Bomb will trigger an explosion, similar to ignite (refer to Figure 1 below)
        - Explosion damage is based on Napalm Bomb

Coefficient of explosion
        - Total: 3.0 board damage, 1 hit total

Damage of explosion
        - Lv 6. 837%
        - Lv 11. 1,287% (53.76% increase)
        - Lv 16. 1,737% (34.97% increase)
        - Lv 21. 2,190% (26.08% increase)
        - Lv 27. 2,685% (22.60% increase)

Total damage of Napalm Bomb and explosion
        - Lv 6. 1,674%
        - Lv 11. 2,574% (53.76% increase)
        - Lv 16. 3,474% (34.97% increase)
        - Lv 21. 4,380% (26.08% increase)
        - Lv 27. 5,370% (22.60% increase)

How to use it
        - Napalm Bomb leaves an invisible mark (napalm?) on the ground. The area lasts 9 seconds from the impact of grenade (when grenade explodes after thrown). Any amount of time until 9 seconds, the Napalm Grenade explosion can be triggered.
        - Magma Wave MUST HIT the area hit by Napalm Bomb to trigger the explosion
        - It is possible to apply 2 marks on the ground and ignite them simultaneously with one Magma Wave, dealing up to additional 2,685% on an extra hit (refer to Figure 2). However this requires you to cast Napalm Bomb back to back and ignite immediately.

Personal opinion on skill and is it worth maxing?
        - Yes, as Adept would not require to learn Force Out if relying on Napalm Bomb for pushing, so the SP can be spent on Napalm Bomb
        - Yes, the damage is quite decent and this skill can serve as filler as Adept do run out of skills sometimes
        - Yes, there is no urgency to follow up this skill with Magma Wave due to the 9s duration
        - It depends, requires very high SP investment to deal high damage. However, there are not many things Adept can spend SP on (refer to Figure 3 below)
        - It depends, from my experience I do not require much input from Mind Conquer in raids so I do not need to put much SP into it
        - It depends, for the time being there is no mech requiring lock of boss with Bubble Bubble, so it's safe not to learn it

Figure 1. The appearance of the explosion of Napalm Bomb when ignited by Magma Wave

Figure 2. Double explosion of Napalm Bomb when cast back to back followed by Magma Wave

Figure 3. One way to put SP to learn this skill at decent levels to support general use.
        Last edited by Xenocho; 09-13-2017, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Sticking this.

Comment

Elemental flair has their iframe completely removed. Additionally, the SA is extremely low.
            Last edited by RaizzanX; 09-13-2017, 11:38 AM.
            DNSEA Community Discord: https://discord.gg/sGvk2Mr

Comment

• Xenocho
              Xenocho commented
              Editing a comment
              Apparently it was a bug, today/tmr's kDN patch note mentioned it was fixed

(somewhere in patchnote.dragonnest.com/category?patchnoteno=9)

How about can't cast air shot while in MM , is that a bug too?

Comment

• Lunch
              Lunch commented
              Editing a comment
              nope, air shot is a cannon skill and you can't cast any cannon skill while using MM so...

Originally posted by Xenocho View Post
              Hi all, I was doing some testing for GM's CM III and did some MM test prior to that. I hope you will find this info useful.

Afterthoughts:
              1. What surprised me was that the MM variants of the tower skills had different board damage. I could not find any mathematical correlation between the numbers, so I'm unsure where these numbers came from.
              2. It is a hassle to turn MM off and use the CM3. However, it appears to be quite worth it, given that GM has not many burst skills.
              3 The damage of skills look better than before (compared to my previous analysis post-Awakening). However, I'm not sure if this is enough to make GM more useful.
              4. While the new CM III gives GM a stronger damage output, can the player keep up with the level of multi tasking?

Feel free to ask me any question about Engineers btw. Now that I've finally got them to 95, I should be able to answer any question about it

Thank you and have a great day.

• atom100
              atom100 commented
              Editing a comment
              It's really annoying putting GM's cmIII in a cannon skill.
              there should be a mistake there cannon skill in academic skill tree?

• Xenocho
              Xenocho commented
              Editing a comment
              Based on the damage, this is intended. If MM can boost its dmg further, perhaps developers think it too OP. Actually GM should get more OPness

hello..

about physician anyone know how much damage force out increase at certain level?

did it stack with disease ex plague effect??

i planning maax force out.is it worth?

Comment

• Xenocho
              Xenocho commented
              Editing a comment
              My Phy is still 93. Will let you know when I have the info. Meanwhile hopefully someone else can address your question

• aberkadaber
              aberkadaber commented
              Editing a comment
              If by stack you mean benefiting from plaque effect, then no since the slime explosion is a part of force out not mi.
              but it does work with plaque effect- you can have the poison explosion from force out and the additional damage from plaque.
              The slime has about 3sec before it disappears.

Originally posted by Fenrir View Post
            hello..

about physician anyone know how much damage force out increase at certain level?

did it stack with disease ex plague effect??

i planning maax force out.is it worth?
            I would recommend level 11 rather than 15. As for how much damage it does, you can check that here!
            https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/sea...-0-00-----0--0
            Hello Sir! Please free to mention me or send me a private message if you need any assistance! I will try my best to help you to the best that I can!

-Subscribed to every forum section except Trades-

Discord: Couplord#5195
            NA IGN: SirCoup

Comment

*lurking Gearmaster*

Comment

Hi can you give me a pvp skill build for SS. Im confuse should I max all alfredo skill and sacrifices the duck and tower build?

Comment

Originally posted by Intuition View Post
                  Hi can you give me a pvp skill build for SS. Im confuse should I max all alfredo skill and sacrifices the duck and tower build?
                  Apologies for this post. I thought you were asking for a PVE build.

Regardless..

Please refer to this post (click me) for the updated skill build. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
                  Last edited by Xenocho; 12-19-2017, 03:40 AM.

Comment

hi
                    just want to clarify, because i haven't tried the skill.. in like forever xD
                    does tower recall resets the tower summon duration?
                    “Great Music, it said, and Great Poetry would like quieten Modern Youth down and make Modern Youth more Civilized. Civilized my syphilised yarbles.”

Comment

• atom100
                      atom100 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nope, recall doesn't reset tower duration.

• Lunch
                      Lunch commented
                      Editing a comment
                      D:
                      anyways thanks good sir

Im almost pretty sure that its the best tower line up but like you play Engineer since forever i want to be sure already... The best tower line up is 1 chain 3 gatling rights? And what about skill plates, im using Chain CD, Big mecha Dmg, Gatling CD and Mecha Duck CD, also this is my skill build
                    IGN: Adhelaida, KasumiDesu.

How To Defensio PVE Guide Cap 95

Comment

• Xenocho
                      Xenocho commented
                      Editing a comment
                      For tower-wise, if you can keep the towers on the boss on all times, 3 gatling and 1 chainsaw is the best, but the damage difference is around 4.5% to 6% versus other setups. CST is the only major contributor to DPS.

For skill plates, my personal preference is CST CD, BMB CD, Mecha Bomb CD, Demolition CD. I do not use Mecha Duck off CD when I have 4 ducks on the field so there's no use for a CD plate. Whereas for GGT, in most of the current nest, you rarely get to set up 3 GGT properly, so I would summon all towers and slowly replace the first 2 with GGT. However, summon removals are aplenty, and GM itself can deal quite a lot of damage, so GGT overall has lower priority. BMB is always used off CD, so it is better than a damage plate, especially due to diminishing returns from FD. I chose Mecha Bomb CD as personal preference.

As for skill build, is this a hybrid PVE/PVP build? Gravity Grenade is a poor skill, even with the awakening effect. You will barely have time to use it as a filler skill. I would also opt to take Chemical Grenade maxed to ensure maximum uptime on elemental resist debuff, especially since GM is a constant-DPS char with towers constantly hitting. If there is a chance in that 5s downtime most of your skills are ready but no ele debuff is present, would you wait or use your skills anyway?

I don't advocate spending SP on TD due to SP constraints, especially since going for the Demolition build, which has extra SP consumption from the SS tree.

• Adhelaida
                      Adhelaida commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I see. Well of course i dont use GGT then wait CD and wait CD again to get the 3, i summon all towers then slowly i replace the first 2 with GGT like you just said. Its a PVE skill build, im not sure what you saw about gravity grenade on my skill build but its just at lvl 1 for the CM II. I feel TD useful for me thats why i got it, I dont worry that much about Chemical Grenade lvl 5 cause of the parties line up with my guildmates, too rarely when im with my GM and theres no any other ele debuff so no big deal, in my personal case, thats why xD
                      Last edited by Adhelaida; 10-09-2017, 10:25 PM.

• Xenocho
                      Xenocho commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh, sorry my mistake. I forgot that they have changed it to Gravity Grenade, ignore that comment of mine.

Based on the reasons you provided, seems okay, but most skills can be dodged. I've never faced situations where I survived because of TD. In the past when TD was much higher % pre R, it was worth it. I don't even learn Alfredo as a GM since its not useful at all. The only situation where Alfredo was useful was during RDN, where provoking the S2 boss with Alfredo Stomp helps in one of the mech.

Would you say a Napalm Bomb CD skill plate will be worth it to trigger the 2 explosions easier?
                    IGN: Adhelaida, KasumiDesu.

How To Defensio PVE Guide Cap 95

Comment

• Xenocho
                      Xenocho commented
                      Editing a comment
                      In my opinion, not worth it. While it is better to cast Napalm Bomb prior to Magma Wave, having a CD plate forces you to spam it off CD to ensure double explosions most of the time. In doing so you may be missing out on casting more important skills such as Magma Wall, Ice Beam, Elemental Flair, all of which should take priority over Magma Wave.

The plates I use on Adept are Icicle Expression DMG, Ice Beam CD, Magma Punch CD and Magma Wave DMG. Magma Wave DMG > CD due to it not being used off CD always due to skill priorities paired with bubble availability.

• Adhelaida
                      Adhelaida commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I see, i was wondering because yah those are my skill plates too and the most used skill plates for adepts around there but if it was worth it i would replace magma punch cd instead, seems nope
                  Working...
                  X