Dark Avenger as dps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Avenger as dps?

How's the standing of DA now when it comes to dpsing? Is it good? Is it bad?

Barb, Glad, ML found a place as a DPS in the current metaphase right now.
    Destro now become much more supportive rather than a dps.
    DA is now lost or somehow gone for meantime.

Maybe sooner or later he get a boost, but if u want DA to be a viable core member of a raid pt,
    I suggest try to visualize & research at KDN for the upcoming changes in the DPS-ing classes metaphase.
    Always look straight to your goals, conquer them all and have fun.

Comment

• sngweiwei
      sngweiwei commented
      Editing a comment
      No. 75s seconds cd for barrier is shit. shield lasts for 25s

If anything, we are less support oriented now, ED boosted destroyers DPS but made the barriers shit since its 30% of target's HP now.

On the plus side, we can focus on our dps now since our HP isn't as important already.

• Skyros
      Skyros commented
      Editing a comment
      I think the Devs has the genius idea of turning Support classes (Healers/Tanks) into semi-DPS classes with utility like how they remodeled Elestras, instead of changing the current meta by changing up the Nest mechanics. DN is now fully dipped in the idea of a DPS-race meta.

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      since they messed up how Nests should work, they are turning it around into an all Show-off RPG style jobs? whereas tanks and healers could be a decent DPS class while the other class which are already DPS could be more DPS than they were? i don't get the idea :v i dont even enjoy a game where all party members you're with are all class which is a DPS.

How come they can't come up with an idea of having a particular class shine-off in a particular nest? or even a stage in a nest? class discrimination will still be a problem since there is a DPS ranking system going on because of the imbalance skill damage output on every class' skill such as Dark Avenger going out of the spotlight for a bit and shining it to the Gladiator Class, 2nd to that is the Barbarian, then Destroyer and then Moonlord, i mean what is the point on this?

There is always a discrimination in everything since humans can't interact with one another without clashing with their different ideals and beliefs in life, how come would making all class, which has special roles making them a semi-dps class? its a good idea since they do need an increase in DPS, but thinking it through, they are still left out by the PURE DPS class out there, they can't really compare to them, even with the role of tank, the 3 tank class in the game lost a big advantage on their role because of this migration from pure tank into semi-dps tank, Guardian Force, a skill important to the Guardian Class got nerfed big time, the Guardian Force buff which adds a shield barrier depending on 30% of the casters max HP lost its purpose and got reduced to 25 seconds duration, from which Guardian Force's effectiveness dropped 75% due to the increase of the Cooldown, same as the effectiveness of the Destroyer's Barrier, Defensio's beyond the wall removed the Barrier effect and placed it to the new overclocked skill change, from which defensio could keep spamming the barrier making party members alive which is in a seemingly slightly compressed formation so the beyond the wall catch would take effect for all the party members near the area.

the game is turning into a show-off popularity system rather than a balanced class party recruitment system, anyone with a popular DPS class would be gladly invited whereas semi-dps tanks such as the 3 could still be left behind since all nests can be completed regardless of class picked out in the party which sucks.

The harmony of 4 party members completing a nest is now gone, it all comes down to gearing up your character to the teeth, paying up for service to get the materials you need, vioala, you got yourself an economic simulator game with an RPG based class-show off system.

yes i keep repeating the word show-off because its what the game is becoming now, i still enjoy it since i haven't reached my goal yet... after i have reached my goal, i am off finding offline games and start focusing on to important matters than wasting my time in a game where all the toxic and cancerous players pops out off the ground, including the scammers from which only in DN existed.

In short, DA dps is below average now. He used to be on the top, but with many class get boost, he lose his position.
    At the moment, ML is strongest warrior, and one of the strongest class in the game.
    zArAthena - Flurry. LafielHime - Black Mara. LukaLukaNF - Black Mara. zArZeratul - Raven. FaerieMoon - Arti

Comment

Honestly, I can't even see where DA 'stands' among his warrior brethren... Just goes to show far behind he has 'fallen'.

Get it? 'Stand' and 'fall'? ...I'll excuse myself, then.

Comment

Originally posted by NearLawlet View Post
        Honestly, I can't even see where DA 'stands' among his warrior brethren... Just goes to show far behind he has 'fallen'.

Get it? 'Stand' and 'fall'? ...I'll excuse myself, then.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	2ap65l.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	137176

Comment

your question is as bad as what DA stands on DPS ranking right now

Comment

I'd just say as a DA you have to bear the frustration that those who are geared lower than you can clear the effin hell nest faster than you. It's annoying, I don't really see the use of their "skill revamp" on DA like making vengence and doom blade faster. Would be more useful if they effin adjust the damage, like seriously.

Comment

• NearLawlet
              NearLawlet commented
              Editing a comment
              Nimmienaticz Board damage wise, LF wins over Raven. Outbreak EX alone deals over 7800% with Unseen Art which is fairly impresssive for skill with 4.8s-6s cooldown. Both Ring Strike and Sunshine Spark can deal more than 20k% damage with 15s cooldown.

• Nimmienaticz
              Nimmienaticz commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks NearLawlet ~

• marzial09
              marzial09 commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't forget umbra nerf too xD

Welp, looks like I'll have to gear my glad now.

I have both DA and Glad lol
            Last edited by InkeiKuraiKen; 05-23-2018, 03:14 AM.

Comment

They will nerf DA even more and make him even harder to play.....

Dark Mastery Passive
              Removed STR 90%

Class Mastery 1
              Added STR x% ( Most probably 50% )

Class Mastery 2
              When Step Blade hits Enemy = Recovers CD of Soul Cutter Instant
              Own Attack 30% ( might get nerfed as well )

Dark Stinger
              Added 20% Dmg Debuff text

Piercing Crescent
              Removed Mid Air left click casting option

Jeezus's datamine from cdn / kdn
              Last edited by TerraOD; 05-23-2018, 03:34 AM.

Comment

• yutehara
                yutehara commented
                Editing a comment
                Why would they remove PCrescent left click? That doesn't make any sense and seems very unnecessary.

Could you link me the source?
                Last edited by yutehara; 06-03-2018, 05:10 PM.

• TerraOD
                TerraOD commented
                Editing a comment
                I though so too. These changes are very irrational and illogical

If they remove the 90% str from Dark Mastery passive then what is the meaning of DA's bubble system anymore ? It'll be completely useless. There is no purpose to even learn this passive and the Avenger force skill which grants 10 bubbles anymore.

These are datamines from Jeezus's facebook. You can check his facebook.

• Mr.Shovels
                Mr.Shovels commented
                Editing a comment
                my guess is that they will be adding bubble requirements for Dark Crash and other skills, could be Doom Blade or Vengeance Storm, either way if they are going to do that, hell they should probably add up increase in damage or instantly cast the skill.

I'm still hoping that they won't nerf DA that bad. How far are we behind KDN/CDN patch though?

Comment

• Vaddix
                Vaddix commented
                Editing a comment
                Boosting and Nerfing classes is quite normal and is part of the game. This will push players to try other classes while they put some classes to sleep. I`m a DA main atm, I`m planning to go back to my Artillery (my original main) or Barbarian once the DA nerf update comes to SEA. Still given the current standing of DA, its still a good dungeon grinder with its wide AoE and fast skill CDs so players wont be needing to abandon their DA just in case.

Former DA main here, decent for nesting. Bad for raids.

Sickeningly weaker than the other warriors. Go with other optins for now.

Comment

• InkeiKuraiKen
                InkeiKuraiKen commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah going to gear my Gladiator now since it's easy to share jades and stuff with DA
            Working...
            X