Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barb advice

just made a barb
    Am i doing it right? or certain skills must be higher in rank?
    Attached Files

i don't get what you mean by "certain skills must be higher in rank" since if you are using a PVE skill build, well you should be filling up all the skills for the barbarian skill tree to the max, especially your bone crash should be atleast one of the most damage dealing skill there on that list, considering it deals more powerful dmg than stomp, and you might be doing your skill rotations wrong or incorrect patterns, as i said, Bone Crash should be better in dealing damage than Stomp.

best skill rotation i know so far:
    1. Taunting Howl (Debuff for enemies to receive more dmg)
    2. Stomp
    3. Bone Crash (spam this early, has decent DPS proportional to 600% of your attack power, also has good damage dealing capabilities)
    4. Impact Punch (purpose is to activate Bone Crash Instant)
    5. Demolition Fist (Accumulate Bubble)
    6. Bone Crash Ins (press BC as soon as DF is finished casting)
    7. Stomp
    8. Taunting Howl (Repeat if you see it cooled down)
    9. Circle Swing EX (only use if you have enough bubbles, if not, repeat skill rotation #3 & #4 if possible, BC and BCi)
    10. Whirlwind (for filler skill before using Overtaker and bubble accumulation)
    11. Overtaker (2nd U-Circle Swing, you need this to land every possible hit to accumulate bubbles to use U-Circle Swing)
    12. Frenzy (Use this right after Overtaker)
    13. Stomp
    14. Taunting Howl (as i said, keep spamming this before casting any other skill)
    15. Whirlwind Enhanced (Spam this while the buff duration still lingers)
    16. Circle Swing EX (use this, you will have enough bubbles accumulated by the time you repeated skill rotation #3 and #4, if not then use Highlander)
    [Edit] Always spam Stomp as suggested by Knee since he's eager to tell you that, just remember when you get the chance, use Overtaker by the time you just used up your CS since both this skill are your main DPS skill, 2nd to that is stomp since you can spam it out, 3rd is bone crash since it has a longer cooldown than stomp

[Another Comment] as Knee suggested, use Highlander before you use any skill, wasting up the bubbles you have accumulated so far, duration lasts 20 seconds for that extra FD buff, if you ever get the chance to play, test out if the FD is by 25% of your base damage on a skill or its a 25% chance to proc and deal FD since Knee is eager to argue it out which statement is correct

When to use Cyclone Axe - use it only on tough mobs around you or as a good IFramge skill, since invulnerability is crucial on some nest, but on dungeons, your aim is to suck in and kill as much mobs as you can, after killing all the mobs, you can use Relieve to stop yourself from spinning and move on to the next to finish up the dungeon faster.

Always spam Taunting Howl as i suggested, to deal more damage since its a useful debuff, currently it doesn't last long, but soon in the upcoming patch update at around september, they will change its duration from 10 to 20.

Always Dodge as much as you can, never take a hit even if you are tough, as a melee combatant, you will never know if you will survive the next hit, so carefully use your skills with iFrame or just dodge.
    Last edited by Mr.Shovels; 06-10-2018, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      critical dmg and critical break are 2 different dmg multiplying factors, FD damage is indicated by a " + " sign and is not affected by any damage increasing factors such as element, critical etc.

the FD system from before is nonexistent now since they have changed it to deal the final damage by chance and not by the percentage of the damage you deal, you can test it out for yourself after you have reached level 95, i'll go and do a screenshot later, gonna show it to you so that you won't get confused

• Skyros
      Skyros commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr.Shovels You are incorrect on that. FD is not an 'additional damage' type but a direct multiplier. FD damage is NOT indicated by a '+' sign but a part of the damage output calculation (ATK * (1 + FD) * (1 + Ele %) * [CDMG * CritChance + (1 – CritChance%)]).

• Knee
      Knee commented
      Editing a comment
      Your understanding on FD is totally wrong...
      There's a reason why FD is the most expensive damage multiplier in the game.

And yea, just try out normal attack on the BTG golem with and without HL 25% FD buff, preferably with broken weapon so that the damage is constant and see the damage difference.

"i think you have mistaken about the FD since i think they have changed it...

There are times when i am using my sniper with atleast 21% FD, without casting the cheating point for that additional FD, i noticed that there are times i don't hit FD from which i should, and then there are times that i see that there's a + damage whenever i proc FD, this proc FD turns out to be your base damage without adding in the crit

Example: you hit an arrow with siege stance, damage base is 5m, you deal a crit, thats gonna be 10m, there's an additional +5m from FD from which 21% proc since that's my FD

You can try it out for yourself, i'm not lying"
      This quote will make people question your understanding on your main sniper as well...
      Last edited by Knee; 06-17-2018, 04:21 AM.

For Eud, that looks about alright.

Comment

Thanks for the insights, well im looking for an optimal pve guide for barb but cant find any(post revamp), do i still need to max dash kick? Or let impact punch activate BC inst?
      Thanks, i think barb really packs a punch, if all goes well, but since i main a dest, rotation on babrb is a little sloppy since i got used to facetank all, need to practice rotation and emergency skill cancel, thanks for the skill rotation reference, gonna practice it again

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        you don't need to max dash kick, the cooldown of bone crash Ins is the same as the regular BC, and since you can use the BC Ins after using impact punch since its on your Class mastery, don't bother with dash kick, just put it to level 1 for pushing objects on certain nests like VN on 1st stage
    Working...
    X