Need help choosing class. New player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help choosing class. New player

Hello guys! I`m a returning player (almost new because i played in 40 cap) and i want some suggestions.
    What class should i pick? I`m looking for something that it`s not to expensive to build but still usefull. Any thoughts for dps / support that are good right now (and cheap)?

Choose an INT-based class based on the following considerations:
    • It is the most plentiful type (16 out 39 classes utilize this attribute, the rest are divided between STR type or AGI type).
    • Some of them are counted among 'top tier' DPS, for example: Black Mara, Artillery and Dark Summoner. Moonlord, Saleana, Majesty, Smasher and Inquisitor will be boosted to 'top tier' as well with future patch.
    • It is less expensive than STR type (thanks to Flurry, an STR type class, being hailed as the current strongest class) but still more powerful than AGI type (STR or INT type classes have easier time raising critical damage stat).

It is especially important that your characters can share their equips with one another, for more farming opportunity and less item cost.

Thus, I'd highly recommend that you go with either one of these options:
    • Cleric (3 out of 5 specializations use INT. All of them are light elemental type)
    • Sorceress (when Smasher is equipped with Abyss ECJ, 3 out of 5 specializations are dark element type. All of them use INT stat)
    Last edited by NearLawlet; 04-03-2018, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• justlance
      justlance commented
      Editing a comment
      Maj and Smasher will be boosted in the future patches. But take not that these classes suffer latency issues which messes up their class potential.

Source: http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/se...ses-s-gameplay

• NearLawlet
      NearLawlet commented
      Editing a comment
      If you love the gameplay of both Majesty and Smasher, I do not see why you should limit yourself to only one of them.

Better hurry, though. Current Gachalicious event is perfect for a returning player. And it will expire soon on April 9th.

• WildMist
      WildMist commented
      Editing a comment
      Majesty is really strong in raids once you get the hang of it, smasher is more easier way but overall still powerful, although i believe maj is currently the 2nd strongest sorceress in SEA now next to Mara, but her DPS really depends on how your piloting skills can cope with the nature of her skills, which in my opinion got the same difficulty level as playing Mara.

If not expensive but useful, then support classes are you best choice. With lower equipment requirements, nests/raids parties will still accept you just for your debuff/heals/cures.

Some of the best supports are:
    1. Light Fury (LF) - Assassin.
    STR base stat, famous with his multiple heals, meditation (defense buff) and the Sunshine Spark (main DPS & giving defense debuff to monster). In future patch, it will get boosted to have on par DPS with other DPS classes as well, which can be considered as multipurpose class. So I consider this as a good choice, as you can use as healer in earlier stage to farm your gears, and can also be DPS once your gears aredone.

2. Physician (Phys) - Loli/Academic
    INT base stat, famous with her multiple cures, dispenser, and slimes (giving some continuous heal and ATK buff). Also the DPS is not that good, but she is consider best in supportive with easiest control, simplest playstyle, and most OP 7-11 dispenser that drop wide variety of foods such as buff foods (FD, ATK, critical, Move Spd, Action Spd, etc.) and heal foods (HP, MP, both).

3. Saint - Cleric
    INT base stat, famous with his relics, Great Heal and tanky. The most classic healer class in DN, and easy to use for newbies. His relics offers several buff/utilities such as Cure Relic (permanent cure and move spd.), Bind Relic (Bind and Atk debuff), Heal Relic (continuous small heals and mana restore), Lightning Relic (well still lightning relic), and Miracle Relic ( the Oh Sh1t relic). His main heal, Great Heal, can be said as the most OP heal that could potentially heal the whole team from 0 to full HP, but with a bit longer CD. Notably is his Protection Shell which offer temporary defense buff (just like Meditation in LF).

4. Elestra - Sorceress
    INT base stat, famous for her ice stack (and graphic lag). Non healer class, but considered as supportive due to her almost permanent ice stack with give an extra Atk debuff to the bosses. In most nests/raids, this offers an overall increment of DPS for your whole team, which is good especially in 8 man raids. Although she need some gears to be invited, but generally doesnt has as high requirements as other DPS classes.
    "Internet is full of trolls and idiots."
    - Albert Einstein

Mail me gold to IGN: Scimitarry

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      all academics has vending machine so... what's the difference between them and physician

• atom100
      atom100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Physician have reliable healing skill, attack buff and speed buff skill. vending machine is RNG base, sometimes u want healing foods all that comes out are buff food and when u need buff foods all comes out are healing food.

• BananaCredits
      BananaCredits commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr.Shovels well although 7-11 is for all lolis, but Phys is the only support class among them that offers heals and cures. So it is more relevants to TS rather than other DPS lolis.

Originally posted by BananaCredits View Post
    If not expensive but useful, then support classes are you best choice. With lower equipment requirements, nests/raids parties will still accept you just for your debuff/heals/cures.

Some of the best supports are:
    1. Light Fury (LF) - Assassin.
    STR base stat
    Just to clarify that LF is both STR and AGI. Seconding Banana, a support class is your best choice, more specifically a healer one as basically a whole new player since things have changed a little bit since cap 40. With the same idea as Near about making a Saint and later the other INT Cleric classes, all Assassins are STR/AGI so in case you go with LF you would be able to share (as long as it's bankshareable) your gears with any other Assassin class that you make. With a Physician there's only 1 option left which is Adept but still a very well choice. Unless you're willing to participate in the actual event to get Tier 2 Medea +20, a DPS class it is not recommended as new player.
    IGN: Adhelaida, KasumiDesu.

How To Defensio PVE Guide Cap 95

Comment

• Vaddix
      Vaddix commented
      Editing a comment
      seriously.......

• BananaCredits
      BananaCredits commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow hey Ripper aint support classes? Play Ripper for 3 years then only talk to me. Ripper have 3 debuff - Elemental, Crit resist, Damage increase. What make him cant be a support class?
      Ripper are best in MVP classes? Boi play DN for 5 years before talking. Oh wait, I forgot you havent graduate from primary school yet.

• Vaddix
      Vaddix commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you mean Monsters Vs Players when you say MVP?? Sorry ako is bobo, ako is dont no da wae

any class would work, but stay away from crusaders that needs STR and INT, they tend to be less effective as a dps class without proper gearing and skill rotation, they are now a bit difficult to handle, this could be categorized as a "luxury" class to be exact and not friendly towards newbies such as you, but they are very fun and powerful enough to deal lethal damage with just a few bumps of their hammer hand and mighty blow, but they are still considered as "High tier" dps because they can deal that much damage in just a few moment... Flurry is the Queen DPS because of her awakening, but considering most of her abilities do not have any cooldown reduction, crusaders tend to shine more by spamming his abilities frequently.

sorry i am being out of topic and just talking to myself... you should just follow up their suggestions.

but if you really want something good... go for ray mechanic... shes a loli but she packs a punch

Comment

• atom100
      atom100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Shooting Star pack more punch now.

The cost of gearing up is almost the same in any class. Just pick anything that you think is interesting. Look for support if you have friends to play with; otherwise if you're playing solo, go for dmg types. I bet you're geared towards a certain class type than others. Go with your gut feel. Read descriptions of the classes and look at videos on youtube, I am sure there's lots of it. Then pick one or more!

Forever your Majesty

Comment

I'm back. I'll make an acrobat!

http://forum.cherrycredits.com/topic...for-moonlords/

Comment

Working...
      X