Please allow 7 ~ 14 days deletion time for Level 1 ~ 9 characters also

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please allow 7 ~ 14 days deletion time for Level 1 ~ 9 characters also

As some of you already know, I have been a target for constant impersonation attacks by posers recently. I want to prevent not only my own name from being tarnished, but including other people who are also being impersonated by these scammers

So in order to make it easier for ED to track these posers' accounts (if they are not being lazy to do what they're supposed to do), I wish to suggest what is stated in the title of the topic, so the posers won't just simply delete the fake character they made and easily get away with scamming others.

I know this will eat up character slots, but there are people who abuse this benefit of being able to instantly delete their Lv1 character, which leads to impersonators scamming other people with fake IGNs, then blaming the original characters because of the victim's ignorance, which is a double win for the poser.

As for those who are serious in making a new character, not much is lost as it is only one out of many free character slots that is occupied if the player messes up his/her IGN during character creation, which is a bit of a hassle, but it's not that bad.

Short version:
    This is an extra security measure to prevent and track down posers/scammers.

As far as i know, scammers can just keep creating dummy emails, and create DN accounts for unlimited time. I dont think this restriction would do any helps, as those accounts are mostly disposable.
    "Internet is full of trolls and idiots."
    - Albert Einstein

Mail me gold to IGN: Scimitarry

Comment

Unfortunately BananaCredits is right.
      I believe the safest way to avoid being scam is to buy/sell in the trading house itself.
      Hard headed players need to be scammed to learn from their mistake.
      Discord: DarkB1ad3r #5361

Comment

As i have said many times, the ingame Trading system that is safe and reliable is the Trading House, anything beyond that is a poison you will take in order to get something that you normally won't be able to buy on the Trading House.

I don't think that people understand that trusting anyone on this game nowadays is a risk you would take if you don't know that player ingame.

Comment

This is a different case for me, however, since I always use the Trading House to buy & sell items just like you all say. I've already heeded all the warnings with direct & indirect personal trades.

But in this case, the poser targets me just because I'm the guild master. The poser already has infiltrated the guild and we have no way of identifying who it is. The poser simply tries to fake my name and the PM's the guild members who are online and try to rob them of their accounts and items, and if they fall for it, blame me afterward for their own carelessness.

But good thing most of my guildmates are already aware of this matter and followed the precautions given to them. But for the members who are less careful, too bad for them.

And yeah, I think I would have to agree with BananaCredits as well, since email accounts are easily disposable, as I have did some research and it seems creating a dummy email is easy af. And if this issue keeps up, then I'll be under constant stress with these poser attacks, even though I tried my best to make my characters's IGNs scam-proof. And yet it seems there are some people who still fall for it

Comment

• BananaCredits
            BananaCredits commented
            Editing a comment
            Same with my guild master. We has constant BOT reminder to all members about this issues, yet there are still cases members getting scammed. As darkb1ader said, hard headed players need to get scammed to learn the lesson, and i fully support this.

Aren't most of the players already aware of this impersonation issue? Do many still fall victim as gullible individuals? I think for some like iciclerain, just get used to it. Eventually it is so well known that most of the people who use that name to deal are imposters that it's not even a viable strategy anymore.....
          Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
          Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
          Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

Working...
          X