Which dancer to pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which dancer to pick?

Which is most preferable in raids SD or BD(insert pepe no OE in chronicle)? at first i was considering to make an SE, but since my main is an Str class(dont wanna farm Ujades again) this is the 2 classes i could pick(feels good they will be boosted too)

BD gets a bigger boost but SD is easier to play due to less cast time for skills and less melee-isque than BD.
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• giadqwerty45
      giadqwerty45 commented
      Editing a comment
      ok so less melee = more oppurtunity to dps, thank you sir

• Whoreo
      Whoreo commented
      Editing a comment
      Not really. It's just that most BD's skills are stationary = stays in the same spot (elegant storm, blade step) so if the boss moves away, damage is totally gone + long skill cd. Unlike gladiator and other melee classes

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      BD skills require melee range and have small AoE for some core skills. Slight movement of boss, even just a few steps can move them out of AoE, resulting in 0 DMG dealt after that. Also, these skills cannot be re-positioned during cast, so your entire skill is wasted.

Spirit dancer''s DPS is almost the same as BD (please check their boost patch) also her skills are burst type and hits faster unlike BD that you need to finish the whole skill animation (example her DPS skills: elegant storm, hurricane gust, blade step)
    to deal all of the skill's damage. Also some nests boss moves a lot so you have to time your DPS skills correctly. but still depends on your playstyle. I personally find BD more fun to use than SD

Comment

• giadqwerty45
      giadqwerty45 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like SD it is, been getting frustrated at GGN boss
      *uses Rolling Attack
      *Boss Runs away
      *Rip my damage

I'd say really a Pl would prefer SE just because its a very good Debuffer and Other DPS classes are more demanded (like Flurry/SS/RM/Arti/OE) Thats for Raid. But i mean other then that bro have fun and play all the classes u want mate, its a game lest not be to serious with our selves. And personally i like both (mby i bit more BD cuz her skills are nice)
    Last edited by EliakimNeo; 06-11-2018, 08:03 PM.
    ~Experience Is Key, Live Life, Dream Big~

Comment

• giadqwerty45
      giadqwerty45 commented
      Editing a comment
      except for SE and elestra or maybe even adept, any other class that is Dps/debuffer

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry pepo guy, I cannot understand your statement. Perhaps it is useful to type in full sentence what you mean @@

The 3 classes you mentioned are okay as special debuffer/general debuffer.

• EliakimNeo
      EliakimNeo commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes lol giadqwerty45 i didn't understand either.

Spirit Dancer is the best pick for me in my opinion, they deal their skill damage in an instant, Blade Dancer requires the maximum amount of hits to deal the damage stated on the skill description, also Spirit Dancer is more agile than Blade Dancer.

Cool skill animations as well

Comment

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Theoretically, BD > SD. However this calculation does not take into consideration Estatic Dance, which SD has a lesser CD and hence potentially shifting the DPS balance.

• EliakimNeo
      EliakimNeo commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea alright thanks for the info and output.

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      well, BD has most of its skills base on HIT damage than INSTANTLY deal the damage, since SD does that, she's more able to avoid and still deal the DPS the skill is described, BD needs to land all of her slashes and most of her skills are spinning around in 1 close spot to where she cast her skill, this is also an advantage that the boss might become unpredictable, if rather the user notices it, they can avoid the lethal blow but then again didn't deal the full damage since they cancelled it out too early

To those who contemplate picking BD

Pump up HP by using STR/VIT def jades and attack jades with %HP . AS stated in this thread, BD has very short attack range and she really inievetably gets hit, more often than not, compared to range classes. As a BD, I compensated that with high HP.

With high HP, Chiron Nest Hell is really fun.
    Azonia Teh 110-pound Dancer
    BoRaCay Guild

Semper Fidelis

Comment

Working...
    X