Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PARRY skill Sensitivity mechanics bypass ICE skills/FROZEN debuff and some skills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PARRY skill Sensitivity mechanics bypass ICE skills/FROZEN debuff and some skills

I'm just talking about the parry non-awakes, because the awakes can be manually activate.. Please Fix...

well almost all ice attack and some skill bypass the parry delicate skill sensitive mechanics, the mechanics is it will counter all opponents attack if successfully executed and also induces invincibility when used. its very skill sensitive even just the whip of the sword animation of the non-cyclone slash (non awakes ver. the sword cast animation is not counted as hit and its very long cast duration, see gladiator) already induce the counter mechanism of the parry, that's how skill sensitive the parry is .. also the firewall awakes fast animation counters it even though debuff still applied.. just the minor sense of gravity well EX and spectrum shower EX, can activates the parry skill.

But the likes of Ice Spears, eg the ball and pointy icicles doesn't sense by the parry, so it won't activate and I get frozen in the process, further more the A-D press won't even lower the time it takes to de-freeze even how hard and fast i press the keyboard, is like what the heck A-D use are for?.. worst the elestra can use the ice spear 3x in a row...

Ice Beam also bypass the skill sensitivity, you just get frozen in the process wasting the skill to cd.. also the OP 360 degrees aim, what can you do? parry right? but it doesn't even sense to activate it.

Ice Cyclone is 50%, it can activate and sometime it won't

Gravity crush bypass this although when the server is still on CC there is 80% chance to activate the parry skill (which is good), and when the server transferred it became 10% chance to work (which is bad), sometimes it work but mostly it won't. the skill is already ridiculous because of the auto-pinned-down effect.

because of the bug, only gladiator have the upper hand on force activation... and why does it have a skill sensitive activation if it doesn't even work, right? also the skill already have a very very long CD in pvp. (I just wish the force parry have the cd while the non-wakes parry have the short cd like 93 cap due to its nature and unenforceable and skill sensitive use or if its doesn't work revert the cd)

Ping and execution are not the problem here, I can do a parry on crusader's swift electric smite and opponents halfmoon slash EX on the heat of battle.. I already grasp the non-awakes parry because of its nature of usage (i pvp a lot on moonlord)....

Please fix, please fix.. thank you very much

That doesn't need a fix. Parry or any other blocking skill gets bypassed by Freeze or any other debuff (e.g. you can Parry the damage of Awk. Fire Wall but still get the 'slow' debuff. All of the skills you mentioned have 'continuous' animations; meaning you can get hit/disabled by the succeeding hits even though you can Parry/Block the first hit.

Parry doesn't an i-frame in the 'Parrying animation' but only the 'Counter-attack animation'. The 'counter-attack' i-frame only has about 0.5 seconds of invincibility. It has been that way since the longest I can remember. Parry/Blocking skills get bypassed when you get disabled.

Comment

• Skyros
      Skyros commented
      Editing a comment
      This is how Parry had always worked since it's rework (I think on 90 cap). The reason why Awakened Parry is kind-of useful in blocking Ice Sphere/Ice Beam freeze is that you can get to decide on when to use the 'counter-attack' animation which contains the i-frame of the skill. Even then, you are still on the mercy of RNG on the activation of both skills' Freeze chance or chain into another skill with i-frame (Tumble/Evasion Slash)

Both Awakened and non-Awakened Parry have no i-frame during the 'Parry' animation, but only during the 'Counter-attack' animation. The problem with using non-Awakened Parry in blocking such skills is that you cannot decide to pop the 'i-frame' and you need to be hit. In there lies the problem, you NEED to be hit. You are at the mercy of being freezed or not in the first hit. I had blocked plenty of Ice Shards but only to get freezed by the succeeding hits (specially when I'm in point blank range). It's the first time I have heard of using Parry in order to counter Ice Sphere/Ice Beam. Gladiators can barely use their Awakened Parry to counter such skills, how more on the non-Awakened version? Parry is only good for single hit skills/fast cast skills, not for linger/long-cast multiple hit skills.

Please do not compare Elemental Flair with Parry. Not the same skill mechanics are used in both. Elemental Flair is not a blocking skill.
      If you want a more similar skill, try to see if Paladin's SOF can block Freeze. Both SOF and Parry are basically the same except SOF has no direct counter-attack animation.

• Wapunkz
      Wapunkz commented
      Editing a comment
      nope its doesn't the skill states if successful a but it bypass the requirements to be failed or successful , and what the heck you talking about no I-frame?? do you even play the 2 character? parry animation is the counter animation didn't you read I didn't mention the animation before the parry and for the record it parry ice for 10% at a time so its not possible right?and there is no RNG involve the only thing that it can affects is how well you aim/timed the skill itself so there is no no RNG.. so you don't know even how to use eclipse awakes don't have time even you tumble out, the time is a fraction more and what ever arrows it hit you first or last it still gonna crap the heck out of you.. and I won't bother if I get iced afterwards if the skill parry did counter, the main problem is you iced first before even counter that's the main reason I post it as a bug.. as a skill mechanic nature it counters all skill's and it won't even effective if the parry skill won't even counter before you iced yourself.. does been hit by icebeam and ice spread not counted as being hit??

and why don't I compare? they fix the skill itself they can spam it for 1min (thye have dash and hit run tactics bla bla bla.. they just wait for icebeam and elem flair bla bla bla) and they CAN use any skill at the same time like magma wall or magma EX or ice beam while the elemental flair is on the ground, what's more so you (the other player) can\t even cancel/break the said skill.. and I said THEY FIX the THING why did I compare I compare they fix it lol the heck you even understand?

• Skyros
      Skyros commented
      Editing a comment
      Why so mad Sir?

As I was saying let me reintenrate a few points:

1. Parry animation (the one with the 'ting!' sound) doesn't have an i-frame. In order to activate Parry's counter-attack, you NEED to be hit. The i-frame only comes with the Counter animation when a skill hits you (the one with the 'Counter Slash!' sound). A testament to that is that other debuffs aside from Frozen applies to you (e.g. Slow, Curse, Electricution, etc.). You just NEGATED the damage but not debuffs.

2. The RNG comes when the ungodly 40% Freeze chance procs when you try to cast Parry. Follow my logic: Eles/Adept casts Ice Sphere/Ice Beam to Freeze you, you try to Parry: now RNG dictates whether that 40% chance activates in the first hit. If it does, Parry gets completely cancelled (as debuffs override Parry; see case 1 examples), if it doesn't, then Parry activates. No matter how good you timed it, the fact still remains that YOU NEED TO GET HIT, and RNG decides whether you get Frozen or not.

3. Sorry I misunderstood. Thats one of DN PvP's problems and will not talk about that.

I have played the Swordmaster Tree since 50 cap. I had been there when Parry was a 'buff' like old SOF and saw how Parry got reworked. I havent been that active with PvP recently, but your so mentioned 'bug' is how Parry in PvP had always worked. Parry wasn't a viable counter to Freeze skills and it will never be.

If you still did not understand then have fun waiting for a 'bug fix' that will never come (cause spoilers~ It isn't a bug). Have a good day!

Not a bug.

Comment

• Skyros
      Skyros commented
      Editing a comment
      *inserts 'Thank You!' gif*

this is not a bug, no fixing required, you sir maybe just butt hurt because there are players better than you in pvp

Parrying Stance acts like Block, it only blocks a hit, negates damage, and counters with a double slash, for non-awakening it counters with a double slash but the 2nd slash releases an energy cleave or slash.

The parry mechanic of the skill is sensitive, if it gets hit by a single tick of damage, it activates, afterwards you are vulnerable, but this is different in freezing skills, even if you parry, if the chance is you are frozen by the time it hits, you will not be able to parry.

its like blocking an already approaching boulder with your skinny hands

Comment

what the heck is butt hurt even mean? I don't even care if people are better in pvp are better I only care the skill mechanics since ICE SKILL are too much OP since 50cap, can you even volcano jump crap? save 1 time and only 15sec ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ invincible and even if you touch the thing after landing you still get staggered, I mean come on! the thing just land and you can't even exploit few sec to counter attack before getting icebeam ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

and if its not a bug please rework the skill description in pvp, like "it won't activate on ice skills".. since it can activate on flames, male-strong-howls, gravity 50% on respawn peoples, even electric like smites or chain lightning because the skill description is very vauge like it can be used on any skill to counter but it reality it can't be used to some skill to counter attack or activate more so..

Comment

• Skyros
        Skyros commented
        Editing a comment
        No need to change the skill description because that's how 'Blocking' skill works in PvP. If you are an avid PvP player since god knows when, then you should have noticed it. You can only negate the damage, but not the debuff.

yeah they don't want to tell people what "not to" or "able to" a skill except circle break lvl6 and stomp awakes, the 2 have indication on verysuper armor break and 0.3sec invinaible frame.. even so tumble before don't indicate IFrame until now.. so it that hard to do description in full detail?? they always have vauge description like 50 cap GreatWave description saying click special botton to have more damage on initial waves and click normal button to do the final (it does not even say you can click final in any given time during waves) I did clicking away and most of that time I forgot the final and i didn't even know if its working or not.. not until flash stance dash patch took place then they correted the Ultimate description.

Comment

Working...
      X