Can someone comment of my Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone comment of my Specs

My laptop is a bit old but it should meet the requirement to play Dragon Nest SEA. But somehow I experience severe FPS drops and lag with normal ping. I tried reducing the resolution and skill effect overall but it is still the same. I also turned off V sync and put the visibility range at the minimum.

Can you guys take a look at my specs and comment what could be the problem:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM DDR3
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M 1GB DDR3

Tell me what you think or is there any other solution to reduce the lag.

Try to fiddle with your nvidia video settings, try to turn off vsync

I may experience way worst fps drop on my part since mine is a potato, a relic from a decade ago :v

heres a >>link<< that might help you out on your problem
    Last edited by Mr.Shovels; 03-27-2019, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Your laptop is so much older than mine, more than 6 years?

Just for your reference, mine are:
      Processor: Intel Core i5-4200U, 1.6 GHz
      Memory: 8gb DDR3
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT720M 1gb DDR3

My experience:
      LAG AF, FPS seldom goes above 10 during raids, especially when there is elestra/avanlanche that the ice stack eat a lot of graphic. 4 man nests is still ok, 6man and above is where the limitation comes.

My tips:
      Set everything to lowest in graphic setting. Turn off Vsync and everything.
      "Internet is full of trolls and idiots."
      - Albert Einstein

Mail me gold to IGN: Scimitarry

Comment

• Knee
        Knee commented
        Editing a comment
        GT720M is nowhere near capable.
        Add the U suffix processor which means it's an ultra low power chip so Banana experience with that spec is on point with my expectation.

This is why I don't buy laptop for gaming anymore, there's no upgrade path, if it can't handle your games anymore then you have to get a new one instead of just simply upgrading parts in a tower.
        So now, I have a tower for heavy workload + gaming and ultrabook for portability.

Of course there are people who need power on the go so I can understand that, as long as they have the dough (a decent gaming laptop will cost alot more than buying a rig of same spec) and doesn't mind carrying heavy laptop (usually it will be bulky and if it's not means the manufacturer usually compromise on cooling which is not good) then it's up to them.

Both sides have pros and cons but in my situation a decent tower at home for gaming and whatnot + light laptop for work is the way to go.

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        since i still have my potato laptop, i would probably just go ahead and probably buy my very own desktop instead of a laptop, since if it isn't built for gaming, i would probably just get a desktop, the problem is it will cost me a lot more somehow considering all of my peripherals, and monitor are all dusted and rusty.

There are some build specified for your own preference, such as using an ATX or MINI ATX to suit your taste, since some people lives in a small space, a MINI ATX build is also impressive and you can carry it wherever you go, the problem is the juggling part and since laptop parts are mostly soldered or screwed in a compact space, unlike a MINI ATX it still has a little bit of breather, and at that moment there might be times that the wires inside could swoosh around and could do some minor dents on any exposed piece of hardware that it hits.

The downside of a MINI ATX is that it's so small, there's limited availability for an upgrade, and it can't hold that much RAM for you either, as well as limited options for how many drives you can fit in it, and also it would be tough to decorate it with LED as well, but you can manage if you know what you're doing.

I probably need one of those considering we move around stuff often especially on rainy days, our place is prone to be flooded when there's heavy rainfall, so it is better to actually have as small desktop system as possible...

• Knee
        Knee commented
        Editing a comment
        I used to lug around those bulky laptop during my college days where you need both performance and portability.
        Started going the rig + ultrabook route after I graduate and start earning for myself and never look back.
        It's something that you need to just cough up abit to start off and then upgrade bit by bit when you feel it's not adequate for your needs anymore so down the road it's cheaper than changing laptop every 2-3 years.
        For me it's a good investment.

RAM won't be an issue, even on small mini ITX board, it will have at least 2 slots and 8GB RAM stick is common right now, you can have 16GB total and that is overkill for average users.
        For drive, there's M.2 stick SSD nowadays, it's very compact and basically doesn't take any space at all, just get a mobo that supports it, use it as boot drive + your frequently used applications/games.
        For videos/music/rarely used programs, just get single HDD be it 1TB or 2TB, these are very affordable nowadays and you're good to go, you don't need big case nowadays unless you're making a showpiece.
        Things are getting simpler nowadays, you're lucky if you only start going the DIY route now.

If you really don't have the space for it or like you said, need to move around alot then sticking with laptop is probably your best bet, I would hate having to move monitors + rig + kb/mouse all the time, that would be annoying...
        I definitely won't risk putting my rig in a condition where it might get in contact with water...
        Last edited by Knee; 03-27-2019, 01:01 PM.

If you cut down on graphics, and prioritize performance, your rig should be able to handle it. The rest is up to the stability of your ISP

Comment

Working...
      X